Digimon Rumble Arena fangame

Lord_of_the_Dude

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Awesome! Will he have a Rookie form as well? Or is he just going to be an alternate Mega for BlackAgumon?

Bitou

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I have an idea to manage in a better way the OP movements. I will test it. Regarding the bugs you mention, thanks for reporting them, I take note.
I hope it works

I agree with the Arcade mode, I should add something there. I'll try, I think we have enough roster to just do a sequence of battles for now. The round system is in my list of to-do things, I hope I will have it in next versions.
This sounds great

Yes! Machinedramon is planned for the roster ^^. But I have A LOT of Digimon that I would like to work with, I need time hahaha
It's ok, enough knowing you want to add it :D, you have the whole time of world.

Awesome! Will he have a Rookie form as well? Or is he just going to be an alternate Mega for BlackAgumon?
Hagurumon :D

Draco74

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I've applied the change I mentioned just before and I like the result, let's try it.

Changes:
- New system to control the impacts of each attack. Applied now for Sakuyamon's Special and Metalseadramon's Special movements.
- The special attacks are affected by the slippery surface on Freezy Artic stage (except Special+Forward and the Special+Down not affected by gravity, like with Seraphimon).
- Fixed the issue when being frozen in the middle of an attack in Freezy Artic stage, where the stuned Digimon continues the movement at infinitum.

I hope this version is the more stable one until now.

@Bitou @Lord_of_the_Dude Yep, Hagurumon is what I have in mind ^^. However, I think the moveset may be tricky hahaha, the body of this Digimon does not offer too many things to play with.

Bitou

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I've applied the change I mentioned just before and I like the result, let's try it.

Changes:
- New system to control the impacts of each attack. Applied now for Sakuyamon's Special and Metalseadramon's Special movements.
- The special attacks are affected by the slippery surface on Freezy Artic stage (except Special+Forward and the Special+Down not affected by gravity, like with Seraphimon).
- Fixed the issue when being frozen in the middle of an attack in Freezy Artic stage, where the stuned Digimon continues the movement at infinitum.

@Bitou @Lord_of_the_Dude Yep, Hagurumon is what I have in mind ^^. However, I think the moveset may be tricky hahaha, the body of this Digimon does not offer too many things to play with.
I played some matches

I think this system is working, but is intended to continue the special after the limit doing no damage? When you apply for the rest of specials and normal affected by infinite hits, it will be playable. My suggestion is you apply a limit for every move, depending on what damage you want for that move, so in futures version this problem won't appear, otherwise you will have patch every move when it's discovered.

About Hagurumon you can base on the DMO one and the official attacks description, but the first its come to mi mind is to throw gears or when close to the opponent placing his gear-hands into your hitbox and spinning it hitting some times.

Darkness Gear
[3]
ダークネスギアDākunesu GiaCog Crusher/Darkness GearShoots black cogs from its face that can control Digimon they're embedded in.
Command Input
[5]
コマンドインプットKomando InputtoReleases a stream of data.
Makikomi
[6]
Entangle巻き込みN/AEntangle[7]Spins around, hitting the enemy with its gears.
Haguru Attack
[8]
ハグルアタックHaguru AtakkuSlams into the opponent.
Crash Device
[3]
クラッシュデバイスKurasshu DebaisuExplodes or runs into the enemy to electrocute them.

https://wikimon.net/Hagurumon

By the way I have found that Sakuyamon has a cheesy tactic, that is to protect with special+down and the cast izuna safe hehe.

EDIT: I think there is something wrong with Betamon's and maybe the platform in the Artic Freeze , he lost all his hp and got stuck there without the match is ending, and you hit hi and he doesn't die https://imgur.com/3AWQ3JM

Last edited:

Draco74

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I played some matches

I think this system is working, but is intended to continue the special after the limit doing no damage? When you apply for the rest of specials and normal affected by infinite hits, it will be playable. My suggestion is you apply a limit for every move, depending on what damage you want for that move, so in futures version this problem won't appear, otherwise you will have patch every move when it's discovered.

About Hagurumon you can base on the DMO one and the official attacks description, but the first its come to mi mind is to throw gears or when close to the opponent placing his gear-hands into your hitbox and spinning it hitting some times.

Darkness Gear
[3]
ダークネスギアDākunesu GiaCog Crusher/Darkness GearShoots black cogs from its face that can control Digimon they're embedded in.
Command Input
[5]
コマンドインプットKomando InputtoReleases a stream of data.
Makikomi
[6]
Entangle巻き込みN/AEntangle[7]Spins around, hitting the enemy with its gears.
Haguru Attack
[8]
ハグルアタックHaguru AtakkuSlams into the opponent.
Crash Device
[3]
クラッシュデバイスKurasshu DebaisuExplodes or runs into the enemy to electrocute them.

https://wikimon.net/Hagurumon

By the way I have found that Sakuyamon has a cheesy tactic, that is to protect with special+down and the cast izuna safe hehe.

EDIT: I think there is something wrong with Betamon's and maybe the platform in the Artic Freeze , he lost all his hp and got stuck there without the match is ending, and you hit hi and he doesn't die https://imgur.com/3AWQ3JM
Oh, very interesting, I will check it. I think Hagurumon - Machinedramon will arrive quite soon, I want to work with them. The list of wishes is huge hahaha, we will see.

Hmmmm this is not the first time you report that Betamon gets stuck at some point, this is strange. Unfortunately I'm not able to reproduce this behavior for now, but I will do my best to fix this.

Lord_of_the_Dude

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Changes:

Noiiice! I think I will share this to my local Digimon group again.

Also, do you need help with Mugendramon animations?

Draco74

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Changes:

Thank you ^^

I don't need help with this one, I have it under control hahaha

Lord_of_the_Dude

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Changes:

Thank you ^^

I don't need help with this one, I have it under control hahaha
Ah cool. Then I guess I will keep working on OmegaShoutmon for now.

Bitou

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
  • Hey if you pause while digievolving, the the animation of the sphere keeps playing and getting bigger and bigger , it affects nothing, but maybe you want to pause that too.
  • I think the bug I reported about Betamon being stuck and losing all hp at once happens when he got hit while doing special+down
  • It's unfair to be hitted while recovering of fall, you should put an invulnerabilty of 1 second or less, and add a blink effect on the character to let the player know how much time this protection is active.
  • It's useless to have more damage in Ultra mode when at the first hit the opponent gets rocketed to the other side of the stage. Add this effect to the third hit of the "sequence" so you can benefit from both (damage + pushing) and making Ultra mode worth.
  • Do something with anti air specials, the should have advantage over enemy air moves, so you can pushing the opponent for jumping too much.
  • Diamond Storm does no damage.
I hope this helps

Last edited:

Draco74

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
  • Hey if you pause while digievolving, the the animation of the sphere keeps playing and getting bigger and bigger , it affects nothing, but maybe you want to pause that too.
  • I think the bug I reported about Betamon being stuck and losing all hp at once happens when he got hit while doing special+down
  • It's unfair to be hitted while recovering of fall, you should put an invulnerabilty of 1 second or less, and add a blink effect on the character to let the player know how much time this protection is active.
  • It's useless to have more damage in Ultra mode when at the first hit the opponent gets rocketed to the other side of the stage. Add this effect to the third hit of the "sequence" so you can benefit from both (damage + pushing) and making Ultra mode worth.
  • Do something with anti air specials, the should have advantage over enemy air moves, so you can pushing the opponent for jumping too much.
  • Diamond Storm does no damage.
I hope this helps
This is so nice!! For sure the bugs will be solved in the next version, thank you so much

Bitou

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is so nice!! For sure the bugs will be solved in the next version, thank you so much
May I ask how is the progress for thenext version?

Draco74

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
May I ask how is the progress for thenext version?
For the next one I want to include some new things, new real content after few versions full of fixes and adjustments (which are necessary, of course). I have them ongoing, more of less the global progress could be around 60%

Bitou

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
For the next one I want to include some new things, new real content after few versions full of fixes and adjustments (which are necessary, of course). I have them ongoing, more of less the global progress could be around 60%
That's a good pace. You are right its necesary to fix some things to make a stable base and the you only have to add content. When you have arcade, rounds, time, savedata, playable gameplay (I think we are getting closer in this), some chars and stages, I think that could be a good, the rest is to add chars and stages and maybe some new mechanic or something.

By the way, having the system of the item done, maybe you can add the healing items?. I think they use the same code as the cards but instead of giving you Energy they gives you health.

I think the next version is gonna be solid enough to play a lot . Im lookin forward to it :D

EDIT: Sakuyamon special+down does not damage.

Last edited:

Draco74

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hi!

After an intensive session this weekend I'm happy to release the new version of the demo!

Here the changes:

- New playable Digimon: Tentomon (with HKabuterimon)
- New playable Digimon: Hagurumon (with Machinedramon)
- New playable stage: Sky Sanctuary
- New arcade mode, which is composed of 5 battles.
- Reapermon can be unlocked by defeating the arcade mode.
- Ultra mode is not making the Digimon fly anymore, but the extra damage is kept.
- Betamon won't get frozen anymore if hit when doing the Special+Down attack.
- Renamon's Special and Sakuyamon's Special+Down are producing damage again.

Enjoy! ^^

Bitou

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Whaaaat, this an expansion. Im going to play and tells you my impressions:

• The second color for Hagurumon could have been Solarmon.
  • In the menu, the option for arcade mode, is less confusing to put 'ARCADE MODE' insted of '1 PLAYER' (This is subjective of course).
  • The problem of the non limited hits persist, at least in Mugendramon's special+forward.
  • Hagurumon special down takes ages, increase its damage to make it worth.
  • I feel Mugendramon's cannons a bit small, maybe I'm wrong. Im going to use this line to praise you for the making of Mugendramon and Hagurumon the are very well done in terms of moves and animations, they are great :D
  • V-mon after falling doing a V-Knucle respawn as this and he can move, but if a got in his range I got damage: https://imgur.com/a/TzqbvOo.
  • I completed the arcade with Mugendramon and I unlocked, but not the mage, is this alright?.
  • I don't know if you want to touch this or not, but respawning should have a short time of invulnerability
  • The Sanctuary stage is great, will you add the hazards in the future?
  • I think the HKabu special graphic, should be a orb of electricity instead of a yellow spear. High Mega Blaster: Shoots one or more spheres of electricity from its four arms. Source: https://wikimon.net/Herakle_Kabuterimon
  • The enemy in the Heaven stage doesn't roam, just keep in the same platform (I'm in the default difficulty).
  • At the end of the Arcade mode put some screen of congratualations or somthing. And the common in the most games is to return to the main menu instead od the arcade mode selection again.
  • About removing the pushing effect from the Ultra mode, I think you could have preserve that effect by putting only in the 3rd hit, so in the stages with fall damage, the Ultra mode is more important.
  • I fell off of the stage in Reapermon's Den: https://imgur.com/a/X4m1agK
  • I got freeze there while doing special+forward with Hagurumon and I cant move or respawn: https://imgur.com/ySNS8sR
I'm going to play the entire Arcade and tell you more.

EDIT: I'm going to play as Tentomon now, we have the half of the adventure digis now, I love the Tentomon second color :D

Well I played an Arcade with Tentomon and Hagurumon, and I want to say that I can feel in this chars that you are improving the making of the chars. And play a sequence of matches is very comfortable to play. Reapermon is so illegal in Ultra mode haha, as a good boss character, like in the RA1.

Last edited:

Draco74

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Whaaaat, this an expansion. Im going to play and tells you my impressions:

• In the menu, the option for arcade mode, is less confusing to put 'ARCADE MODE' insted of '1 PLAYER' (This is subjective of course).
  • The problem of the non limited hits persist, at least in Mugendramon's special+forward.
  • Hagurumon special down takes ages, increase its damage to make it worth.
  • I feel Mugendramon's cannons a bit small, maybe I'm wrong. Im going to use this line to praise you for the making of Mugendramon and Hagurumon the are very well done in terms of moves and animations, they are great :D
  • V-mon after falling doing a V-Knucle respawn as this and he can move, but if a got in his range I got damage: https://imgur.com/a/TzqbvOo.
  • I completed the arcade with Mugendramon and I unlocked, but not the mage, is this alright?.
  • I don't know if you want to touch this or not, but respawning should have a short time of invulnerability
  • I think the HKabu special graphic, should be a orb of electricity instead of a yellow spear. High Mega Blaster: Shoots one or more spheres of electricity from its four arms. Source: https://wikimon.net/Herakle_Kabuterimon
  • The enemy in the Heaven stage doesn't roam, just keep in the same platform (I'm in the default difficulty).
  • At the end of the Arcade mode put some screen of congratualations or somthing. And the common in the most games is to return to the main menu instead od the arcade mode selection again.
  • About removing the pushing effect from the Ultra mode, I think you could have preserve that effect by putting only in the 3rd hit, so in the stages with fall damage, the Ultra mode is more important.
  • I fell off of the stage in Reapermon's Den: https://imgur.com/a/X4m1agK
  • I got freeze there while doing special+forward with Hagurumon and I cant move or respawn: https://imgur.com/ySNS8sR
I'm going to play the entire Arcade and tell you more.

EDIT: I'm going to play as Tentomon now, we have the half of the adventure digis now, I love the Tentomon second color :D

Well I played an Arcade with Tentomon and Hagurumon, and I want to say that I can feel in this chars that you are improving the making of the chars. And play a sequence of matches is very comfortable to play. Reapermon is so illegal in Ultra mode haha, as a good boss character, like in the RA1.
Thank you so much for the comments and reports! ^^ I take note of all bugs and things to adjust, I will probably upload a new version soon with the fixes. Anyway I need a bit of time, I'm exhausted hahaha

Related your questions:

I want to leave the door opened for this Digimon as Reapermon's rookie, just in case.

Yes hahaha, I agree. I put this as a reference to RA1.

Do you mean the mega form in the Arcade's roster? All the megas are enabled for normal matches, but not in the Arcade. This is again a reference to RA1.

Yes, I have planned to include the hazards in all stages (well, except Reapermon's Den) in the future.

You're right, I will check. For this attack I took as example MegaKabuterimon from RA2, where it uses an "arrow" projectile.

Bitou

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I take note of all bugs and things to adjust, I will probably upload a new version soon with the fixes. Anyway I need a bit of time, I'm exhausted hahaha
Thank you very much, and you have all time of the world, you deserve it :D

I want to leave the door opened for this Digimon as Reapermon's rookie, just in case.
Ooh, then it's ok.

Yes hahaha, I agree. I put this as a reference to RA1. Do you mean the mega form in the Arcade's roster? All the megas are enabled for normal matches, but not in the Arcade. This is again a reference to RA1.
Oh I forgot about this haha.

Yes, I have planned to include the hazards in all stages (well, except Reapermon's Den) in the future.
Perfect. In the Reapermon's Den the hazard is Reapermon itself :D

Im going to keep playing in some free moments I have to play and if I find anything else I'll tell you. This version has some bugs, but its playable unlike the other ones because the expansion of the roster,arcade and stage. The project is getting solid :D

EDIT:

• After picking a confusing card (the one that invert your control) i got pushed outside of the stage https://imgur.com/a/kAKKoF9
  • When you lose in the arcade mode, you can put a continue screen when you lose, and if you continue you can return to the screen select and pick character (or not, picking another character in continue can be deactived or activated in some games) and then continue at the battle where you lost.
  • When you use HKabu special next to a cliff in dangeorus forest and backwards, the projectile impact in the cliff behind you.

Last edited:

oku

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
As one of the few dedicated DRA competitive players out there, your project is a dream came true. Hope to see may favor Gargomon sooooooooon!

I'd give a few minor suggestions:

• Instead of Ultra Mode, implement "burst"
  • For rookies, make certain moves can be cancelled by evolution to combo
  • During evolution add the classic sound effect from the first 2-3 sec of "Brave Heart"
  • When select a Digimon, make the 3d model to do a brief animation
  • Have an option to turn off items (Some ppl in DRA1 community dislike items, but I'm not against it)
  • Paildramon pls?

Last edited:

Lord_of_the_Dude

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
As one of the few dedicated DRA competitive players out there, your project is a dream came true. Hope to see may favor Gargomon sooooooooon!

I'd give a few minor suggestions:

• Instead of Ultra Mode, implement "burst"
  • For rookies, make certain moves can be cancelled by evolution to combo
  • During evolution add the classic sound effect from the first 2-3 sec of "Brave Heart"
  • When select a Digimon, make the 3d model to do a brief animation
  • Have an option to turn off items (Some ppl in DRA1 community dislike items, but I'm not against it)
  • Paildramon pls?
Agreed on Burst being implemented for Mega Digimons. I have been wanting to say this for a while but I kept forgetting it. Give some or all Mega Digimons more than just regular attack boosts. For a light example, MetalSeadramon regains his OP Poseidon Divide moves until the Burst timer runs out. You know, the multi-hitting ones back in the beta version?