Digimon Rumble Arena fangame

VXanderII

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Dude I made an account here just so I can comment on your work, just wow.
You are amazing for doing this.
I was wondering if you have a list of digis you wanna add. Also say you added Wormmon, what evo would you give it? Same for Arma and Hawk.

On a bug related discussion, I hate to say this but the ice stage is really buggy for me, one round my opponent got stuck halfway inside the ground. Second round got stuck frozen in the lake.

Also what rookie would you give Piedmon?

Bitou

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Haha I did the same, just created the account to be able to comment here.

Also say you added Wormmon, what evo would you give it?
We discussed few pages ago, he said GrandKuwagamon.

I want too know too @Draco74 :D

And this for draco:

Questions:

• When do you plan to implement the rounds in matches.
  • What about a Discord server for more direct contact with you, I feel the forum a bit slow.
Bugs:

• When you play special battle the stage is Artic Freeze instead of Reapermon's Den. The cards are too in the border when you get close you fall from the platform, i don't know if this is intended, but maybe moving the spawn a bit.
  • In the same match, Reapermon fell to the water but he didnt freeze and respawn look:
  • When you use Terra force in the middle platform it collides against the top platform and you cant throw it.
  • You have to modify the speed you slide with the borders, it seems that they suck you to the void.
  • What about to activate the wooden platforms in the Dangerous forest, and maybe lowing down them a bit.
  • I can move the character while he is on the ground after respawn. It happened once with Seraphimon.
  • Betamon can still reach the middle platform from the bottom platform with double jump.
  • I created a loop hitting the enemy while repawning, and automatically goes fall respawn and fall and it never dies!: https://streamable.com/njjhdc

Last edited:

VXanderII

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah a discord would help.

Also for Piedmon, Demidevimon seems to be the most used but if Draco is planning on adding Myo to the game, we can remove that option.

Also are you planning on adding Ulforce?

Lord_of_the_Dude

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I was wondering if you have a list of digis you wanna add. Also say you added Wormmon, what evo would you give it? Same for Arma and Hawk.

On a bug related discussion, I hate to say this but the ice stage is really buggy for me, one round my opponent got stuck halfway inside the ground. Second round got stuck frozen in the lake.

Welcome abroad, dude! I am glad to have you here!

And well, if I were to make a suggestion, Hawkmon would either evolve to Valkyrimon or Crossmon while Armadimon would evolve to either SlashAngemon or Xuanwumon.

As for Piedmon's prior form, I would like to nominate Pucchiemon since it looks like a more childish and innocent version of the psychotic killer ninja clown. Again, this is just my personal opinion.

DemiDevimon could probably be reserved for Vamdemon and Daemon prior form.

And yeah, I agreed with @Bitou We definitely need a Discord server for this project

VXanderII

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
thanks a lot lord of dudes.
DRA 1 was my introduction to Digimon honestly, like a decade ago, great nostalgia trip.

Bitou

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hmm putting Impmon aside because he is reserved for Beelzemon, the closer option is Petitmamon, but the scarce of assets for this digi, discard him. I don't see Pucchiemon as a good rookie for Piedmon. The most accurate is picodevimon, but if he plans to add Venomvamdemon, then he must to find another devil rookie. About for Daemon I like Tsukaimon as rookie, as he is the counterpart of Seraphimon, but Tsukaimon is just a reskin of Patamon (already included).One option could be, repeat rookies but with different moveset and/or stats.

If you count the slots, as for now, you can see there is only 2 slots for Digimon 02, and those are Wormmon and Vmon, so I don't think he planned to add Armadillomon and Hawkmon. I think the correct choice evolution for Shokkoumon is Slashangemon, but I would love to see Xuanwumon, he is my fav sacred beast, but if it was for me the sacred beast would be a special digis without rookie, like Reapermon.

And I would like to play as Zeedmilleniummon in this game haha, as an extra hard to beat an extra hard to unlock character.

VXanderII

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Dude I love the same rookies with different attacks and stats idea. He can do the same for Ulforce with a different Veemon.

Lord_of_the_Dude

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
thanks a lot lord of dudes.
DRA 1 was my introduction to Digimon honestly, like a decade ago, great nostalgia trip.
No problem. I am both a Digimon fan and a fighting game player. And I played DRA1 with the original Japanese voices since they sound better for me. The English voices feel kind of forced and childish for some characters IMO. So I am hoping he will include the Japanese voices later on.

Hmm putting Impmon aside because he is reserved for Beelzemon, the closer option is Petitmamon, but the scarce of assets for this digi, discard him. I don't see Pucchiemon as a good rookie for Piedmon. The most accurate is picodevimon, but if he plans to add Venomvamdemon, then he must to find another devil rookie. About for Daemon I like Tsukaimon as rookie, as he is the counterpart of Seraphimon, but Tsukaimon is just a reskin of Patamon (already included).One option could be, repeat rookies but with different moveset and/or stats.

If you count the slots, as for now, you can see there is only 2 slots for Digimon 02, and those are Wormmon and Vmon, so I don't think he planned to add Armadillomon and Hawkmon. I think the correct choice evolution for Shokkoumon is Slashangemon, but I would love to see Xuanwumon, he is my fav sacred beast, but if it was for me the sacred beast would be a special digis without rookie, like Reapermon.

And I would like to play as Zeedmilleniummon in this game haha, as an extra hard to beat an extra hard to unlock character.
Pucchiemon is actually a part of Piedmon's evo line. It evolves to Phelesmon first then Piedmon. Just throwing this out.

If Tsukaimon was to be a separate character, then I guess Draco should just make an original alt color for Patamon Costume 2.

And yeah, I am just hoping he will include the other 02 cast later on. And 4 Holy Beasts being possible boss characters in Arcade Mode would be cool too.

And yeah, I would like Milleniummon to appear too as a secret unplayable boss character. And we are going to fight all of his 3 forms.

The other secret bosses I would like to have are GranDracmon or even Yggdrasil

Bitou

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Make a char unplayable is a waste of content, it would completely ruin the game for me.

VXanderII

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ok are we getting Salamon or Gatomon?
I feel like we are giving out too many requests at once tho

Lord_of_the_Dude

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Make a char unplayable is a waste of content, it would completely ruin the game for me.
But some characters are just meant to be overpowered. If those characters were to somehow become playable, they would need to be extremely nerfed or they would break the game balance. But by doing so, the characters themselves would be ruined because they would not be as dominating as they were when we fought them. It's like making Galactus from MvC3 small just so we can play as him.

Ok are we getting Salamon or Gatomon?
I feel like we are giving out too many requests at once tho
And I think that's fine. We are just thinking of possible ideas which may or may not be implemented in the future. Besides, it's fun talking about them.

Bitou

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
But some characters are just meant to be overpowered. If those characters were to somehow become playable, they would need to be extremely nerfed or they would break the game balance. But by doing so, the characters themselves would be ruined because they would not be as dominating as they were when we fought them. It's like making Galactus from MvC3 small just so we can play as him.
Reapermon is too strong and I think he is banned in competitive, but is playable, is nos big as galactus and you can have fun being op for a match or an arcade, that's it, you have the choice to pick him (you won't if you don't want to be op), but don't having the choice is a nonsense. This things is always the best to let the user decide. As more decision you can take over the game, the better, you can adapt to your likings, and not the developer decides this for you, because both can have different points of enjoy the game. For example, if you like to play on easy or you are not skilled enough, but the developes sets a unique hardest difficulty, you won't enjoy the game. So there is different levels and the use can choose what he is comfortable with.

And I think that's fine. We are just thinking of possible ideas which may or may not be implemented in the future. Besides, it's fun talking about them.
This

Draco74

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Definetely, this post is full of discussions and ideas and this is something amazing to have here. You are experts with Digimon and your experience is so useful to open new possibilities that I didn't take into consideration before.

@VXanderII Welcome, btw ^^

I just want to comment few of the points that were mentioned in your last messages. I want to clarify that the roster is still fully opened, in fact a proposal was done here to include the mega forms in the same slot as the rookies and, having this, the roster was notably increased, and we are filling the new slots little by little. I have some ideas in mind but there is still a huge work to do with the basic Digimon hahaha. For example, I think MetalEtemon and MaloMyotismon must appear if possible.

Completely agree with Millenniumon, in fact this is a personal choice I did secretely! And I really love to see you would like to see it in the game too. For me this Digimon must be in the game, I'm super fan of it.

Related Wormmon we discussed a bit about the possible mega form for it, and GrandisKuwagamon was the stronger option. I checked it to see the most popular choices in general and GrandKuwagamon appears as well, which for me is more recognizable and can do a great match against H.Kabuterimon when added in the near future.

Related Piedmon's rookie, what about Dracmon?

I'm taking note of all bugs and comments you write here but I need time because these days I don't have so much, sorry for that. I also have some things ongoing in parallel and in some moments I feel a bit stressed hahaha. But I really appreciate your motivation and help with this game, you're making it possible

Lord_of_the_Dude

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Reapermon is too strong and I think he is banned in competitive, but is playable, is nos big as galactus and you can have fun being op for a match or an arcade, that's it, you have the choice to pick him (you won't if you don't want to be op), but don't having the choice is a nonsense. This things is always the best to let the user decide. As more decision you can take over the game, the better, you can adapt to your likings, and not the developer decides this for you, because both can have different points of enjoy the game. For example, if you like to play on easy or you are not skilled enough, but the developes sets a unique hardest difficulty, you won't enjoy the game. So there is different levels and the use can choose what he is comfortable with.

This
Hmmmm... I suppose banning OP characters in a competitive play is also a viable option. And if possible, perhaps there is a special mode to make huge boss characters like Zeed or Yggdrasil playable. That way, we don't have to make them smaller just so we can play as them.

Definetely, this post is full of discussions and ideas and this is something amazing to have here. You are experts with Digimon and your experience is so useful to open new possibilities that I didn't take into consideration before.

@VXanderII Welcome, btw ^^

I just want to comment few of the points that were mentioned in your last messages. I want to clarify that the roster is still fully opened, in fact a proposal was done here to include the mega forms in the same slot as the rookies and, having this, the roster was notably increased, and we are filling the new slots little by little. I have some ideas in mind but there is still a huge work to do with the basic Digimon hahaha. For example, I think MetalEtemon and MaloMyotismon must appear if possible.

Completely agree with Millenniumon, in fact this is a personal choice I did secretely! And I really love to see you would like to see it in the game too. For me this Digimon must be in the game, I'm super fan of it.

Related Wormmon we discussed a bit about the possible mega form for it, and GrandisKuwagamon was the stronger option. I checked it to see the most popular choices in general and GrandKuwagamon appears as well, which for me is more recognizable and can do a great match against H.Kabuterimon when added in the near future.

Related Piedmon's rookie, what about Dracmon?

I'm taking note of all bugs and comments you write here but I need time because these days I don't have so much, sorry for that. I also have some things ongoing in parallel and in some moments I feel a bit stressed hahaha. But I really appreciate your motivation and help with this game, you're making it possible
Take your time, dude. This is a fan project after all, so you don't have to force yourself too hard.

And damn, I completely forgot about Dracmon. I think we can use him, especially since he is a trickster Digimon as well. And his alt Mega would be GranDracmon.

Peppermon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm gonna say: as much as digimon is a nice franchise and it will attract players, there will be a roof to your growing: the legal issues.

Why dont you make your own "digimon universe" game?Promote it as a digimon fan game, but make original characters. If you are open to share any money, I think the fanmade digimon thread people would help you with the concepts. You can even play with the existing digimons: take one champion or perfect that you like, but dont have proper rookie and mega, and create something based on it.

This way you can pay your homage, have your very own content and be able to take money from your hard work, instead of the danger of losing everything when bandai tells you to stop it.

Lord_of_the_Dude

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm gonna say: as much as digimon is a nice franchise and it will attract players, there will be a roof to your growing: the legal issues.

Why dont you make your own "digimon universe" game?Promote it as a digimon fan game, but make original characters. If you are open to share any money, I think the fanmade digimon thread people would help you with the concepts. You can even play with the existing digimons: take one champion or perfect that you like, but dont have proper rookie and mega, and create something based on it.

This way you can pay your homage, have your very own content and be able to take money from your hard work, instead of the danger of losing everything when bandai tells you to stop it.
Well, we are not profiting from this project at all atm. We just do it because we like it. Would Bandai still try to stop it? If so, then it would make little difference if we were to make it a Digimon fan game. Because at the end of the day, we are still using their franchise name.

Take it from me as a person who once tried to make an original Digimon fan game with our own original Digimon characters but got shot down by Bandai itself before we barely started.

Last edited:

Draco74

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hi! I have here an updated version of the demo where the changes are purely fixes and adjustments, no new content for now.

Changes:

- Fixed the issue when you're digievolved and you go back to rookie form being frozen in Freezy Artic stage.
- The projectiles won't impact in Freezy Artic stage's platforms, so feel free to shoot them!
- Reapermon's special battle goes back to Reapermon's Den stage.
- The spawn location of the cards in Freezy Artic has been adjusted a bit.
- The speed a Digimon can fall down has been limited, to avoid extremely fast movements in the stage borders.
- Once frozen in Freezy Artic stage, the Digimon cannot move until it recovers from being stuned.
- Being frozen in Freezy Artic can kill the Digimon if the life bar is low enough.
- Betamon's special projectile is now faster.
- Betamon jumps now higher.
- Sakuyamon's special is now a bit slower to cast, and the duration is lower too.
- Gallantmon's special+down beam is faster than before (the duration is lower).
- Metalseadramon's special wave will remain less time active once generated.
- The attacks have now a time where the rival is stuned (this is more evident during Ultra). These times are not big but are enough to help the gameplay's stability, specially in Ultra mode.

Bitou

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hi! I have here an updated version of the demo where the changes are purely fixes and adjustments, no new content for now.

Changes:

- Fixed the issue when you're digievolved and you go back to rookie form being frozen in Freezy Artic stage.
- The projectiles won't impact in Freezy Artic stage's platforms, so feel free to shoot them!
- Reapermon's special battle goes back to Reapermon's Den stage.
- The spawn location of the cards in Freezy Artic has been adjusted a bit.
- The speed a Digimon can fall down has been limited, to avoid extremely fast movements in the stage borders.
- Once frozen in Freezy Artic stage, the Digimon cannot move until it recovers from being stuned.
- Being frozen in Freezy Artic can kill the Digimon if the life bar is low enough.
- Betamon's special projectile is now faster.
- Betamon jumps now higher.
- Sakuyamon's special is now a bit slower to cast, and the duration is lower too.
- Gallantmon's special+down beam is faster than before (the duration is lower).
- Metalseadramon's special wave will remain less time active once generated.
- The attacks have now a time where the rival is stuned (this is more evident during Ultra). These times are not big but are enough to help the gameplay's stability, specially in Ultra mode.
Wow I didn't expect this hotfix, very appreciated. With few matches played (I'll update when I play more) I cant tell the melee system is ok now.

• The Wave and Izuna is still broken in some situations, I don't know if this is because some hitbox problem that you are missing but something they can hit you until drain you almost 50% hp. My suggestion is you make a counter to limit the hits of each special (if you don't want every special hits the same time) ex: V-Punch = 1hit limiter Wave=5 hits, then it ant hit anymore but the animation should keep playing of course. This is happening with special+up/down or normal+down, my theory is because you are occupying the same space as your opponent hitbox and the attacks hit n/times per second (the limit the collision has I supposed). This includes the free bar charge and instant digievolution/ultra with one move. I suggest you look into this closely because is a critical problem for the gameplay.
EDIT:
  • The system that detetcs that you can cross or not platform is reacting weird and sometimes it moves you involuntarily, you can test this by jumping only once (not double jump) with Renamo in the Artic Freeze in the middle platform in the left side.
  • Make slippery even when you are using sapecial moves?
  • Maybe you want to check this bug: https://streamable.com/w60ovg

Some questions: When will you add the round system, and maybe a temporary arcade or something that is a succesion of matches?is boring to play one match, and discord? and most important, did you think about him:

Last edited:

Draco74

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wow I didn't expect this hotfix, very appreciated. With few matches played (I'll update when I play more) I cant tell the melee system is ok now.

• The Wave and Izuna is still broken in some situations, I don't know if this is because some hitbox problem that you are missing but something they can hit you until drain you almost 50% hp. My suggestion is you make a counter to limit the hits of each special (if you don't want every special hits the same time) ex: V-Punch = 1hit limiter Wave=5 hits, then it ant hit anymore but the animation should keep playing of course. This is happening with special+up/down or normal+down, my theory is because you are occupying the same space as your opponent hitbox and the attacks hit n/times per second (the limit the collision has I supposed). This includes the free bar charge and instant digievolution/ultra with one move. I suggest you look into this closely because is a critical problem for the gameplay.
EDIT:
  • The system that detetcs that you can cross or not platform is reacting weird and sometimes it moves you involuntarily, you can test this by jumping only once (not double jump) with Renamo in the Artic Freeze in the middle platform in the left side.
  • Make slippery even when you are using sapecial moves?
  • Maybe you want to check this bug: https://streamable.com/w60ovg

Some questions: When will you add the round system, and maybe a temporary arcade or something that is a succesion of matches?is boring to play one match, and discord? and most important, did you think about him:

I have an idea to manage in a better way the OP movements. I will test it. Regarding the bugs you mention, thanks for reporting them, I take note.

I agree with the Arcade mode, I should add something there. I'll try, I think we have enough roster to just do a sequence of battles for now. The round system is in my list of to-do things, I hope I will have it in next versions.

Yes! Machinedramon is planned for the roster ^^. But I have A LOT of Digimon that I would like to work with, I need time hahaha