Digimon Rumble Arena fangame

Draco74

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hello everyone!

I present myself. I'm Draco74, a videogame developer (amateur) currently working on a project called Battle Arena All-Stars, which is a fan version of the Smash Bros series (you can check it if you're curious). I'm here because I'm also a huge fan of Digimon Rumble Arena saga! Specially the first one (a lot of hours there to be able to beat Reapermon with everyone), very nice and nostalgic. The point is that with my current project I have won some experience and I would like to make also a Digimon Rumble Arena fangame using this same "Smash Bros style" that I'm using in BAAS (with some adjustments, but a few ones).

Currently I have played a bit with the concept and I made some Digimon chars to see if this could work, and I think it could! In BAAS I already have Agumon and Veemon added, and I made Wargreymon, Wargreymon X, Imperialdramon, and Imperiadramon-Paladin.

Here you can see a pic of the "demo" I have done:

PD: Sorry for the size of the pic.

I have in mind that, in case I work on this project, I would like to do a version like Digimon Rumble Arena 1, but with some addings:

- The X characters (like Wargreymon X), with the same moveset but more aggresive.
- More iconic characters (Piedmon, Kerpymon, Magnamon, etc., etc., etc.).
- New ways to unlock the characters.
- Larger moveset than Rumble Arena 1.

Anyway, this is just an idea I have played with. Would you be interested in something like this?

Thanks and regards

Here another concept art:

Last edited by a moderator:

Draco74

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Is there gonna be a similar fighter enemies like the Fighting Wire Frames?
Hmmm... I don't know, this could be an extra. But the main idea I have is to do like a mix between Digimon Rumble Arena and Smash Bros (in fact Rumble Arena 2 was close to it, but I would change some things there).

Draco74

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
New concept art:

KaseiDragon555

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wow... It's so cool..
I can't wait for this

RasenPoKeimon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
They look amazing! This looks like a full on legit game. Like a real follow up to Rumble 2. Not what we got in 2014 with that Rumble game.

Draco74

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Thank you ^^

I have also a question for you, guys. Would you like the menus of this game imitating the originals from Rumble Arena?
Personally I would like to do it, I consider the first Rumble Arena as the reference, but I want to know your opinion as well. Now that I'm doing the first steps is easier to change this kind of topics.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
arent you just using cyber slueth models/links models?

Draco74

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
arent you just using cyber slueth models/links models?
Hi! Yes, currently I'm using these models. I think they're awesome!
Anyway, for the stages and these other elements I will have to search a bit.

Draco74

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I show you the progress of the selection menu. What do you think? It is like a remake of the Rumble Arena one :)

MamoruOkami

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hi! I just found this today, and is VERY interesting to me!

Rumble Arena being one of my favourite childhood fighting games off all time, I'd love to chat and maybe help out if possible in any way I can! Hmu on Discord@
Mamoru#6526

DPTronazel

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Is there gonna be a similar fighter enemies like the Fighting Wire Frames?
Hmmm... I don't know, this could be an extra. But the main idea I have is to do like a mix between Digimon Rumble Arena and Smash Bros (in fact Rumble Arena 2 was close to it, but I would change some things there).
If anyone wonders why I thought about this is that I remember in some sort of translated interview mentioning that Digimon are computer generated beings. And Ankylomon's profile mentions its Tail Hammer will shatter its opponent's wire frames.

Last edited:

Maldock

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

I like so much your project and I'm soooo interested!! how it going?, I have weird ideas since ever, like an evolution chart xD

Last edited:

DudeMon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
amazing !

how many roster it is possible?
any chance for tag team battle? 😍

i love DRA1 but the roster too small and imbalance . lol

DRA 2 love the double Evo and the game modes ( Race Digivolve, etc awesome)
but the stages is annoying 😂 also camera the worst

All Star Rumble quite good to me , but the roster is big dissapointment
how can Palmon , Patamon , and Renamon left behind? 😫

I have suggestion for roster

in DRA 1 there are 3 elements

Fire : Agumon ( WarGreymon) , Agumon ( WarGreymon X) , Agumon ( Shine Greymon)
Veemon ( Imperialdramon ) , Veemon ( Magnamon X) , Guilmon ( Dukemon ) , Guilmon ( Dukemon X)
Gumdramon ( Arresterdramon) , Shoutmon ( OmegaShoutmon) , Psychemon* ( Belphemon or Daemon)
Hagurumon ( Mugendramon)
Ice : Gabumon ( MetalGarurumon) , Lalamon ( Lotusmon) , Renamon ( Sakuyamon)
Betamon ( MetalSeadramon) , Tailmon ( Angewomon) , Lucemon ( Lucemon FM) , Impmon ( Beelzebumon)
Nature : Palmon ( Rosemon) , Gaomon ( Miragegaogamon ) , Wormmon ( GranKuwagamon )
Meicoomon ( LadyDevimon); Patamon ( HolyAngemon/ Seraphimon) , Mushroomon ( Pinochimon)

Special
- Omegamon
- Mastemon
- Rafflesimon* 😂 is this possible?
- Piemon
- Dukemon CM
- Lucemon SM
- Imperialdramon PM

Last edited by a moderator:

Draco74

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hi!

Sorry for being out during all this time. I recovered the project and I progressed with it. Here some examples:

The current version is already playable, with evolutions ingame as well. However, I still have a huge amount of details to add, like the different cards you may find during the battles and their effects, the pending menus to complete the basic workflow, and a lot of things more.

I hope you like it! ^^

Regards

DigiKing Tamer

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'd change Agumon 2006's color to look more yellow, help make it stand out more from OG Agumon.

BTW the project itself seems pretty intriguing! Which engine are you building this on?

ChaoCobo

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'd change Agumon 2006's color to look more yellow, help make it stand out from OG Agumon.
Please don’t. If you absolutely have to do that for whatever reason then his alternate color absolutely needs to be the same exact color as OG Agumon. There is no reason why people who prefer Savers Agumon should not be able to play as the actual Savers Agumon, even more so in situations like if Savers Agumon is selected and OG Agumon isn’t even present in the same battle. That would just be a slap in the face to Savers fans for no reason. :c

Also, is Gomamon a playable character? He was in all the previous Rumble games and he’s my favorite ever Digimon in life. You don’t need to make his evolutions playable or anything, but please, please put Gomamon himself and I’ll play the game a ton when it comes out! : D