I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oof, worse than even Belphemon X and Examon X?
Definitely. The problem with those two is that they are based on already great designs that they failed to add anything to. In isolation they would look decent, it’s only in relationship with their originals that they are failures.
NoblePumpmon on the other hand basically only retains the pumpkin head and fills the rest of the design with… nothing interesting.

I think Gundramon got so much hate due to it's extremely boring and bland.
Haven't seen anyone mentioning Gundramon here and I don't remember his design getting a negative reception at all. People were pointing out how over-the-top and silly the design is (which although not the highest of praise is still basically the opposite of “bland”), plus there had been some memes about Digimon “randomly sticking guns to monsters” before on the internet, so some people jumped on that.

I love the way it feels like it was a shelved design from the Nightmare Soldiers vpet and only barely lost to Boltmon
It really doesn’t. Neither the clean fancy suit nor the overall proportions of the design would fit with the sort of grungy comic book style from back then.

Maybe it's just me, but that Pumpkinmon looks like a Kimeramon... I don't really like it...
What "Kimeramon"-like part in that Pumpmon/Noble you see at...?
Presumably the comparison refers to the design elements being so disparate and clashing that they don’t result in a consistent look but more like randomly stuck together patchwork of things.
The difference being that that the bizarre patchwork aesthetic is the whole point of Chimairamon but here it’s just inconsistent.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Really, I was under impression of how everyone reacted to Gundramon's first appearance at the old WTW topic, they either went meh or yup not much impressive...
I guess I will revisit it.

The rest of design besides Pumpkin head are nothing interesting? How about Arsene of Persona? If given... X form.

Nemomon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Maybe it's just me, but that Pumpkinmon looks like a Kimeramon... I don't really like it...
Presumably the comparison refers to the design elements being so disparate and clashing that they don’t result in a consistent look but more like randomly stuck together patchwork of things.
The difference being that that the bizarre patchwork aesthetic is the whole point of Chimairamon but here it’s just inconsistent.
Yeah, this is exactly what I meant. Some wings, a hat, a pumpkin head, a scepter with an ass and a pipe that's held by his third and last hand... and everything looks as if they were just randomly glued together.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Where is this third hand and pipe at? For whatever it's worth, I like the design.

Nemomon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

e105zeta

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That “third hand” looks like a ruff that it’s wing capes attach to.

Nemomon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
But wouldn't that mean that he has 2 hands on his left side and none on his right side of the body?

Ragnalord

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah, this is exactly what I meant. Some wings, a hat, a pumpkin head, a scepter with an ass and a pipe that's held by his third and last hand... and everything looks as if they were just randomly glued together.
I don't see the inconsistencies you guys are seeing, to me the design makes perfect sense, it's no where like kimeramom or all those dull shoutmon forms, which all look incredibly stupid.

To me the form is basically like that of rosemon or lotusmon.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ah I see. Well Chimairamon is enough unique because the head part didn't belong to a certain digimon unlike all those Chimera parts which it stands out and managed to be enough menace even with all Chimera parts glued together lazily.

NoblePumpkinmon's design is pretty much weak but it's probably just 3D model's fault?. I better wait for his official art if it may leave the strong impression.
The appearance of the noble gentleman killed "Digimon"-ish design of NoblePumpkinmon because that design is so simpler and much less monster.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
First hand = Left hand (arm crosses in front of his body)
Second hand = Right hand (arm mostly hidden due to its position and the left arm, connects to right shoulder directly above it)
Third sword-hand = Not a hand

Amandil7

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don't mind the design either. Nothing extraordinary, but fitting the name.

e105zeta

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
But wouldn't that mean that he has 2 hands on his left side and none on his right side of the body?
?

He only has 2 hands in the usual human places. He's holding them crossed in front of him. He's holding the cane on the right side of his body with his left arm and touching his left elbow with his right hand.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Okay... I'm starting to think the pipe doesn't exist.... I'm still unsure if he is holding up the cane and other arm holds up the pipe in crosses over but it could be the pumpkin shoulder armor which I might mistaken it as the pipe...

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I have it, I just need to start it. But that is a great mega. Very classy pumpkin. Very.

KhanadianGeek

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Lol. NoblePumpkinmon's move is literally called Trick or Treat Wallace.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
How Terriermon tries to get candy on Halloween. Assuming NoblePumpmon is in the new v-pet, we should find out before long whether it's a mistranslation or not.