Digimon ReArise General Discussion

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The only "incorrect" name in Heroes would be Aegiochusmon Holy (Japanese, Holly) and the other names Bandai's DRB screwed up like "Hackmon", I guess. 99.9%, and we may as well count as it 100%, do it as the Japanese names. "Medic" comes from the medal list of CS and HM, rather than Heroes

Or do you have proof it was MedicialDukemon on Heroes? cuz if you do, that's good because the Digi Wiki is using "MedievelDukemon" as "that was used in Heroes, so we're using that to avoid MedicialGallatmon" so if you have some pics of Heroes with that name in English, I'll gladly enjoy them.

I wouldn't count too hard on the medal lists though, unlike player characters they prob thought about them for 1 second. The name would be the correct Medieval Gallantmon like it is in Next Order's card list if it became playable.

I don't think I've ever heard of the PS4 games having anything other than typos though, outside of one instance that apparently Yuuko tells you to go somewhere but you're actually supposed to go somewhere else or something I once read on TV Tropes. I also recall an instance the quest log of HM states to go to floor 2 of Kowloon but you actually have to go to floor 5

still not storyline or character changes though. Your fears seem to be 5 years out of date other than Links I guess? even then, is there even "characters" to change in Links? the girl who gives you eggs?

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ah, so the Medieval misspelling was from a different localized game. Like I said, I didn't play Heroes, but I thought someone had complained about stuff like that and Sakuyamon Maid Mode in connection with it.

Anyway, do you speak Japanese? If you don't, you have no way of knowing whether anything was changed in Cyber Sleuth (or anything else, especially considering a lot of the older games don't even have voice acting). That's kind of the problem. Those of us who only understand English can only take the localization at face value.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Nah they come from the medal list of Cyber Sleuth and Hacker's Memory which copy pasted the same list.

I wouldn't say maid is incorrect though, it's just not referring to what you think it is. A shrine miko in English is a shrine maiden, and maid is short for maiden. So the full would be "Saukyamon Maiden Mode", rather than it wearing a frilly little maid suit and clean houses and whatever you'd think "Maid mode" is. Another interpretation could be a "shrine priestess"

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wouldn't say maid is incorrect though, it's just not referring to what you think it is. A shrine miko in English is a shrine maiden, and maid is short for maiden. So the full would be "Saukyamon Maiden Mode", rather than it wearing a frilly little maid suit and clean houses and whatever you'd think "Maid mode" is. Another interpretation could be a "shrine priestess"
Yes, I brought that up last year in another thread.

"Maid" can be taken to mean "maiden," but it's not a sense that's used much anymore. It sounds old-fashioned.

Uchihab17

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
wait wait wait u cant get megas besides the starter digimon????

and are digimon evo's predetermined? like when u get those free ones the ones that appear before the rookie is the only ones they can evolve into?

Last edited:

Mana

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's same as Linkz when it started, we had no Ultimate til first event, and that was like a month and a half after launch date. Global Linkz version had so much advantage in game's version and updates from begining.
Don't worry, we'll get Ultimate Level mons eventually in ReArise.

onkeikun

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Profile for Firumon: Data attribute, Beast Man Digimon
体に大きな棘が何本も生えている獣人型デジモン。どんなものも貫く赤い爪と、刺したものにエネルギーを流し込む黄色い針毛を持つ。寝心地のいい巣材を集めたり好物を探すような、のんびりした性格である。必殺技は、敵を針毛で串刺しにし、エネルギーを流し込みデータを破壊する「ライトニングスティンガー」と、両手の爪で斬撃を途切れなく繰り出す「クリムゾンスラッシュ」。
A beast-man Digimon with many large spikes sprouting out of its body. It has sharp red claws that can slice anything, and yellow quills that inject energy into whatever it pierces. It has a carefree personality, the kind that likes to collect soft material that help it to sleep easily in its nest or search for its favorite foods. Its special attack is "Lightning Stinger" which skewers the enemy and injects energy into them that destroys their data, and "Crimson Slash" where it whirls in a continuous slashing attack with both claws.

No profile for Purisumon.

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So has anyone found how Erismon mega look yet?

shaikgb

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
so i got a guardromon that can evolve into hiandromon and he started in lvl 1 unlike the other champion digimon i got i think it might make him easier to get but i'm not sure

So has anyone found how Erismon mega look yet?
there aren't a lot of megas in the mega list that i can see right now (i don't even see wargreymon) erismon mega isn't there so they probably don't want to show him yet

ShikaSS

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Has anyone attempted to translate the dialogues? I'm slowly progressing through the first couple minutes, and things are already pretty vague for me to trust my translations lol.

After the prologue (narrated by Hiroaki Hirata), which explains what Digimon are and how they have been appearing in the real world and creating memories with humans, both as friends and as threats, an unknown character talks about how they've been deleted and will break both humanity and Digimon to bring about "observation".

DATS24

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
my first impression so far is that the story of ReArise is quite cringeworthy. Too fast introduction, too fast of anything... The bond developement with Erismon is also unnatural as well... I dunno probably it was my misunderstanding of the dialogue, but I felt that way.

Last edited:

DATS24

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Sounds like Digimon, alright.
I dunno what to say, but I've seen much better story introduction of several digimon games. And I feel like Heroes/Crusader still have better introduction... probably coz there's no human tamer in that game

Inpu

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Idiysar Almond

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
How gacha-reliant and grind-heavy is reArise? Especially compared to when (Japanese) Linkz started? In (JP)Linkz, re-rolling was for getting digimon with medal, heard for reArise that not all digimon could become ultimate level and that's probally where many player re-roll. I wanted to play reArise but Linkz is being evil by keeping me busy with LucemonSM event and then that "not all digimon can become ultimate level" in reArise made me remember how painful it was to get ultimate level in DW2, Ryo series, and Story Super Xros Wars.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
There's some comics I couldn't unlock because the drop rates for the Aegiochusmon evolution materials were horrendous (everything past what I uploaded is presented not as animation but as a collage of screenshots), but here's all the animated cutscenes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAuGGPnoOFA&list=PLFgy5QH9gEYTcgXPx0LjH1i8swQeQ9Xq7
Thanks! I just now noticed that someone added translations of the scenes in Crusader to Wikimon, and the dialogue seems to have been generallly rewritten for Heroes. I'm not sure who translated the scenes or how accurate they are, but the katakana checks out (for example, Titamon is mentioned in Crusader's version of the scene where Ceresmon appears, but not in Heroes' version). I'm actually rather surprised at the amount of stuff that was changed. Combined with how Links was, it doesn't bode well for a theoretical English version of the much more character-driven ReArise.

aytimothy

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
How gacha-reliant and grind-heavy is reArise? Especially compared to when (Japanese) Linkz started? In (JP)Linkz, re-rolling was for getting digimon with medal, heard for reArise that not all digimon could become ultimate level and that's probally where many player re-roll. I wanted to play reArise but Linkz is being evil by keeping me busy with LucemonSM event and then that "not all digimon can become ultimate level" in reArise made me remember how painful it was to get ultimate level in DW2, Ryo series, and Story Super Xros Wars.
A lot less than Linkz. At least it's grindable and progress can't be screwed over by RNG (unless you mean top-tier stuff, then that's a given, like the current Garurumon banner). Haven't translated the story, but it's progresses all over the place, too quickly.
Plus the game emphasises on teamwork and the rewards are generous.

It does help if you do a good pull at the beginning though, as it skips through the grind with your first mon... Even with that, it isn't too bad building from scratch anyway.
And unlike Linkz, rolling and getting bad mons doesn't mean the end of the world as you can build them up anyway... And there's already two buffs (things made better or easier) since launch.

The value for money as usual (like Linkz) however, is crap.

Arranos

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So, Purusimon, Erismon, Filmon, and Stefilmon are the only new Digimon in this game?

And the game is still incomplete?

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Anyone had Stefilmon yet so his attribute, profile, attacks etc can be confirmed?

and does he have a Mega yet lol

Last edited:

shaikgb

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Anyone had Stefilmon yet so his attribute, profile, attacks etc can be confirmed?

and does he have a Mega yet lol
to get stefilmon you need a special evo code made just to get him but the evo code hasn't been released yet
filmon is going to appear in chapter 13 so we might get the evo code when the chapter will be released