Digimon ReArise General Discussion

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
With the game in the midst of being rolled out in Japan it seemed like having a discussion thread would be a good idea for once people start to play.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

While it's only out in Japan at the moment, I suspect people will still nab it and need a place to discuss gameplay and story elements.

Digimon ReArise is available on both the iOS App Store and Google Play.

AppliFang

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Is this where we talk about where we are in the game?

Games seems pretty engaging and fun so far ^^

shaikgb

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
yukimibotamon and pitchmon are in the game! i love the game so far i wish i knew more japanese

AppliFang

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
lol Ive been resetting until i can get 1 or 2 digimon that can reach Mega

Unless theres a way to evolve all digimon to mega eventually? But then Erismon cant evolve to mega?

ArkheStar

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wish there was some type of beginner guide for those who haven't played link's but are into Arise...

Vande

I am Justice
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Posts asking about how to do things we don't allow on the forum has been removed.

Garmmon

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Erismon profile (http://tieba.baidu.com/photo/p?kw=数码暴龙&flux=1&tid=5765840659&pic_id=6ac37d1ed21b0ef491d3dcacd1c451da81cb3e0e)

好奇心旺盛で物事に熱中すると周りが一切目に入らなくなるが、警戒心は強く、怖いと感じると針のように硬い針毛を逆立てて危険が去るまで丸まってやり過ごす。ただし打ち解けた者にはよく懐き、針毛の中に隠したお気に入りの宝物を見せてくれる。過去に何度かいたずらされたことがあり、テイルモンを見ると少し身構えてしまう癖があるようだ。必殺技は、閃光を纏わせた針毛を撃ち出し相手を攻撃する『ライトニングファー』と、ボールのように身体を丸めて突進する『ケンザンダイブ』。

It is brimming with curiosity and will lose sight of its surroundings once it finds something to fixate on, although it is also highly cautious and will make its hard, needle-like quills stand on end when it is afraid, curling up into a ball until no sign of danger remains. However, it gets very attached to those it has warmed up to, and will show them its favourite treasures that it keeps stashed in its fur. It seems to have a habit of going on guard whenever it spots a Tailmon, due to having been bullied several times in the past. Its Special Moves are attacking the opponent by shooting lightning-coated quills (Lightning Fur), and curling its body up into a ball and charging forth (Kenzan Dive).
[A 'kenzan' (spiky frog) is a needle-covered base used for fixing flowers in ikebana: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenzan]

Tyranno

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Is there one for Purisumon?

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I heard Rookies are kind pointless because they're not allowed to get to Mega, other than the starting Erismon

Does mean someone needs to get to Mega fast so we see his Mega lol

Did Pusurimon have a baby 1 form after all?

Tyranno

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
also do we have a Type and Attribute for Erismon yet?

LucasPSI

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm so tempted to download the game and play it but I don't know enough Japanese to read the text and I don't know if I want to spoil myself. Yet we still don't now when or if there will be an English release. Such a dilemma :(

Last edited:

Tyranno

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Thanks a lot, TMS.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm so tempted to download the game and play it but I don't know enough Japanese to read the text and I don't know if I want to spoil myself. Yet we still don't now when or if there will be an English release. Such a dilemma :(
And of course if there is an English release, the translation will probably be faulty anyway. Links didn't have much of a story, really just an excuse plot, and it still suffered from all the bad jokes of an anime dub. And no one will care about getting a proper translation, because they're content with whatever localized thing we get...

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
And of course if there is an English release, the translation will probably be faulty anyway. Links didn't have much of a story, really just an excuse plot, and it still suffered from all the bad jokes of an anime dub. And no one will care about getting a proper translation, because they're content with whatever localized thing we get...
So it's fine then.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If you don't care about it being a good product, sure. But for someone like me who wants to know the actual story and characters, it's rather disheartening.

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
From what I've seen, CS, HM and NO just have a few grammar/spelling errors and barely anything, if anything other than names, was changed for Tri

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The final quality seems to vary depending on the game. I could tell that something was up with Links. I didn't play Heroes, but I know it kept the Digimon names the same (except for some translation screw-ups like MedicalDukemon). The names really don't matter so much as the dialogue, though (and I have no idea how faithfully Crusader's plot was adapted for Heroes). I know what the Digimon are regardless of what the localization decides to call them. Cyber Sleuth has some issues with its dialogue translation, though some of them are sufficiently obvious if you have some familiarity with Japanese. It just makes me wonder whether there were other changes or mistakes that i didn't catch. Sometimes I know that what the text says is wrong, but I don't understand spoken Japanese well enough to tell what the character actually said. We had a translated script for Digimon Story at one time, so we know that Digimon World DS changed several plot points, and that's the sort of thing that I worry and wonder about.