Digimon Re-Release V-Pet Images and New Info

Faust

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I've seen old classic style tamagotchi and gudetama tamagotchi in Target so I wouldn't be surprised to see them make their way over there too.

AKluthe

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I suspect -- based on the 20th Anniversary Tamagotchi -- these will be an accurate recreation of the original pet. They'll use the v20th's shells and hardware because they already exist and the original molds are gone. Plus the v20th stuff already got reused for the Digital Monster X's, so that means CR2032s instead of LR44s.

The only new feature I could see being included is the self contained battle system, so you could play the whole thing without two or more toys. But even then, the Tamagotchis went for complete accuracy over convenience, even though they had to be recreated from the ground up.

Devkyu

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
These are cheap enough that I can grab an extra one and do a custom repaint on them.

DigiCollect

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
These are cheap enough that I can grab an extra one and do a custom repaint on them.
Any idea if it's possible to switch out the plastic cage around the screen or the button pieces between two of them?

Faust

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Theoretically, sure. You'd just have to be careful with the electrical components.

DigiCollect

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Theoretically, sure. You'd just have to be careful with the electrical components.
Do you know if the cage piece just snaps out or it takes some finagling?

DigiCollect

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The old cage popped off super easy on the old ones, I haven't tried it on the v20 though.
Cool! If GameStop lets us choose our own colors after these release, I guess I won't be getting one, but two V-pets for the first time then. By the picture it looks like I have to aim for a yellow one and then one of any other color if i want multiple colored cage/button pieces to work with. Alright then.

CrimsoniteX

Donator
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The old cage popped off super easy on the old ones, I haven't tried it on the v20 though.
It’s the same with the 20th anniversary ones. Just make sure you separate the two pieces carefully so you don’t rip off the speaker wire.

DigiCollect

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It’s the same with the 20th anniversary ones. Just make sure you separate the two pieces carefully so you don’t rip off the speaker wire.
Gotcha! I'll just disassemble and reassemble it nice and slow and steady then. Now that I know the different detail pieces probably won't be glued or melted into place, I'm really looking forward to tinkering with these come July!

Neverbe

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Any news for Amazon preorders?
This would allow us non us buyers to secure our preorder.

GK45

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
OoO coolio, an official announcement. Now the US store just needs to put the listing up so those of us, ever increasing, that don't live near one can order them.
Too bad they didn't clear up the features since they've labeled them 20th editions.
Not that I suppose the majority of their target audience probably keeps up with Japan's releases.

Any news for Amazon preorders?
This would allow us non us buyers to secure our preorder.
I wouldn't count on it, which is unfortunate because I don't particularly like Gamestop.

Olive

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
According to Tama-Palace, this will be a re-release of the DM20's that were released in Japan a couple of years ago. Now I'm still a bit skeptical because there's no links to any sources. Can anyone else confirm?

https://tamapalace.tumblr.com/post/184647967741/20th-anniversary-digimon-digital-monster-faqs
Well we already know the release date is in July, not the fall, and we already know they are planning to sell them as v.1 remakes according to retail chains in the US (although that could be misinformation so ultimately who knows).

Patorikku

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
According to Tama-Palace, this will be a re-release of the DM20's that were released in Japan a couple of years ago. Now I'm still a bit skeptical because there's no links to any sources. Can anyone else confirm?https://tamapalace.tumblr.com/post/184647967741/20th-anniversary-digimon-digital-monster-faqs
Well we already know the release date is in July, not the fall, and we already know they are planning to sell them as v.1 remakes according to retail chains in the US (although that could be misinformation so ultimately who knows).
Well, we already know that the Version 20ths were remade versions of the originals, so we could be looking at a legitimate release of the actual Japanese v20ths.