Digimon 'Project VB' Announced by Bandai Toys, More Details December 7th

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Bandai Toys has put up a teaser page for 'something' new related to Digimon. The page features a clickable egg that that cracks when clicked on it along with the teaser text 'New DigitalMonster Begins'

No specific mention of 'what' this is at the moment minus a codename of Project VB, although V-Pets feels like the obvious guess based on the framing.

Details will be announced on December 7th.

The tweet from Digimon Web regarding them:

Attachments

MechaMadness

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is very curious. Gonna assume this is probably something V-Pet related since that's the safest bet, but either way I'm interested to see how this turns out.

Mattman324

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
V seems like a likely thing to be "Virtual" if it isn't "Virus", but god only knows what the B would stand for since there's too many options.

The thing I find interesting though is that it is specifically "VB" - so we can almost automatically assume there's no translation tomfoolery going on there (V and B are fairly commonly mixed up in the translation from Japanese to English, so if they can specify the V and the B separately they must have made sure it was right.)

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Sinoballs comments that it is something related to the 16x16 sprites, here I attach the Tweet: https://twitter.com/FakeBali/status/1327084681053970433
Sinobali isn't really a trustworthy source in the case of something like this, as he has a long habit of doing things simply to troll and get reactions out of people.

Even if what he says ends up true, he gave so little info that it's the same thing people guess for almost any V-Pet. (Bandai teasing something that could be taken as a 'new' V-Pet has a higher resolution screen as the most basic guess possible.)

Deep Saver

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wonder if this is going to be the next generation v-pet a lot of fans have been chomping at the bit for. I can see that 3D Digitama being used for something like that. It would also be really cool if it was an online v-pet (maybe something browser-based) that let people interact across the world! I’ll be happy as long as it’s something interesting.

e105zeta

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Maybe the project will be to give each Digimon in the reference book colored 16x16 sprites like they’ve been talking about for a few years, along with a toy to take advantage of the work that would require.

Der

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Sinoballs comments that it is something related to the 16x16 sprites, here I attach the Tweet: https://twitter.com/FakeBali/status/1327084681053970433
Sinobali isn't really a trustworthy source in the case of something like this, as he has a long habit of doing things simply to troll and get reactions out of people.

Even if what he says ends up true, he gave so little info that it's the same thing people guess for almost any V-Pet. (Bandai teasing something that could be taken as a 'new' V-Pet has a higher resolution screen as the most basic guess possible.)
Oh thanks for that detail, I'll keep it in mind for future tweets XD.

Anyway I hope it is true that they will go to more than 16x16 pixels in the sprites, if it is true that it is related to VPet... and that they are in color.

Devkyu

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
A phone app would be nice. I don't always want to risk carrying around my actual v-pets, and it's easy enough to make one, considering there's been fanmade apps before.

YongYoKyo

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Considering the fact that the page is on the Bandai Toys site, it's probably some sort of physical device.

Tortoiseshel

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm VIBRATING WITH EXCITEMENT LET'S GOOOO!!

fcrtune

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Super exciting! I was planning on preordering the second set of Pendulum Z's, but I might have to hold off on that now until whatever this is gets revealed.
I'm guessing it might be a V-pet similar to the Tamagotchi On, what with online functionality/an app, bigger sprites & color - at least that's kind of what I'm hoping for, lol. Whatever it is, it must be something pretty big if they're announcing it like this.

Tarama

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's more likely a new V-Pet but here I'm just curious what kind of V-Pet it is. I want to see the Jesmon and Digitama-story based V-Pet sooner actually but let's save it for the best. That digitama could be the 25th anniversary mascot. So here we are, waiting for something interesting again. Please be super good.

raharaha

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Nice! if it turns out to be graphically new (and colored) vpets, i'm gonna buy all of the variants! see ya my wallet

Nightwing

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The cracking egg reminds me of the “nade nade” era, pre-tri. release lol.

e105zeta

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Maybe it will also hatch into Digimon that never get names and get retconnef out of existance

Nightwing

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I had to check to be sure, but this doesn't line up with Jump Festa's live stream event. Granted, looking at some of these details more, it's definitely more leaning to a V-pet so not sure Jump Festa would be the best place to announce something like that anyways lol.

Maybe it will also hatch into Digimon that never get names and get retconnef out of existance
oof

Edit: Actually, looks like the egg is Leafmon's? Might be wrong here, but it looks like it. Since it doesn't seem to be new, that probably doesn't mean anything but I guess it's nice that the Wormmon line might have some spotlight for the reveal of this thing.