Digimon Project Trailer

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This was probably the biggest thing overall from DigiNavi

During DigiNavi they showed off a trailer for the Digimon 'brand', showing elements past, present, and future.

They put up the video at the end of the stream.

To be clear, this is not a trailer for a game, etc. It's an overall brand trailer to the best of our knowledge.

One specific thing of note (lots of interesting things in the trailer overall), is that we get our first good look at the new Digimon Adventure: version of the Digivice.

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

Deep Saver

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I really liked this trailer, I liked how it showed off all parts of the franchise! I'm so ready for all the new stuff they are going to bring us.

Burger Fifi1

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I love this trailer its so good it has alot of old games and new ones,brings me back.

e105zeta

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What does the DigiMoji say?

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
On the Digivice? “Digital Monster.”

pipefox_pedro

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Omg, thats one amazing Digivice design. I love it! I need it!!! Give it to me nooow! 😱

Rohan

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Not the biggest fan of the new Digivice design. But other than that it was a lovely trailer.

I especially smiled at seeing Tyrannomon again as he's an old favourite of mine.

UltraMan

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Trailer is very good especially with cgi , why dont they try to make a movie in this way same like pokemon did?

Ryudamon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
They did a very good job on the trailer. They also spend a lot of money on doing it.

wildwing64

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Fun trailer - nice way to showcase all aspects of the franchise in one go.

I wasn't too bothered about the Digivice being redesigned for the new series (gotta sell those shiny new toys, after all!) but now that we've had a better look at it, I'm sold. It retains the spirit of the original but has a sleek, modern twist.

BlankShell

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I do love the Digivice design (this series isn't known for its symmetry, so it's refreshing) but was that really it? Kinda disappointing overall.

jetman91

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I really hope we get something like this for North America.

Sparrow Hawk

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's like Digimon Festival Celebrity or something!

Piers

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I love how dumb it is that WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon apparently need to have a good old Shonen rival tussle (despite it only ever being due to Matt/Yamato originally) and the scene immediately following is Omegamon. And it even shows them defusing!

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's a cute concept but visually trailer looked kinda off, honestly. And it's not that the compositing of the CG was done badly, it's just that the whole thing just has this incredibly over-processed and bleached out look that makes it look like they put it through like five shitty Instagram filters.
I mean who looked at this and said "Wouldn't it be great if we had lots of artificial glare overpowering every other shot?". But maybe that's the aesthetic of japanese commercials right now, I wouldn't know.
Also not a fan of how they made all the Digimon look like they were made of shiny plastic, I get they were going for a cartoonish look, but that would have worked too even with a softer shader.

But yeah, seeing all the old games featured was nice (They don't seem to be proud enough of any of the sixth generation console games to show any of them lol), but I do wonder why they would "advertise" games that right now aren't really that easy to get a hold of and play legally... unless they plan to make them available again at some point? That would be nice but no idea how they would make that work on the business side.

And I like the new Digivice design, very minimalist de-cluttered compared to the old one, but the circle lighting up makes for a nice way to add some flashiness.

Wendigomon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I like the new digivice design too, and I’m warning to the whole concept a bit more now. I just really hope that when they make a toy, it uses the digital display, rather than mainly audio like the appli drive. My only reason for concern was the digivice screen flash in the clip. Hopefully this was just sfx....

pipefox_pedro

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Seriously, though, that Digivice can't just be a prop, right? It has to be an upcoming product. It looks like it has buttons and everything, and the orange lights look real. It reminds me of a Complete Selection Animation product, but I guess it might be a regular/physical shop toy, like the Appli drive.

I like how it incorporates the character's colors (judging from the orange) into a circular pattern that seems to be filling up (just like the original Digivice would have horizontal bars filling up when an evolution was about to occur. Ex: Patamon vs Elecmon)

It also looks like a fusion between the original Digivice and the D-Ark. I love it. Can't wait for more information on it!