Digimon Profile Art & Kenji Watanabe Adventure: Episode 16 Art

SparkGold

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

And besides we already had almost half of the non-Olympos XII Digimon appeared but were unrelated to the Olympos XII; Mercurymon, Neptunemon, Mervamon, Marsmon, and Apollomon. The only problem I had with them was that they were shown to be lame and not strong
actually Apollomon Whiapered flat out tells the other Death Generals in Dark Knightmon's Prison Land "it's obvious the strongest takes the lead" when they question why they're following his orders and Dobrickmon is like "I can't overlook that", and normal Apollomon also held the power to let people just leave Prison Land, so I definitely don't think he's weak in that universe. I think the show also calls him the strongest Death General a few other places. He just didn't get a fair fight against Xros Heart because Apollomon used Whispered's attack to kill himself. Still not as strong as Olympos XII Apollomon, though and Marsmon in that same debut episode as Apollomon was pretty pathetic

Lord Bearmon

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Between last episode's Eyesmon, this coming episode's Orochimon, and even the summaries for Nidhoggmon it's clear that they're setting it up to be this powerful cataclysmic level threat that the kids have to overcome. Bacchusmon doesn't really fit that, aesthetically it's a fun-looking goofball, and role-wise it's a kind and friendly soul who just wants to help out its friends, neither of which work as a dragon bent on destruction. They could make it a villain, but unless they changed the arc's story around it's not going to have the same oomph in that role.

Plus, just because Nidhoggmon exists doesn't mean Orochimon can't have an alternate evolution to Bacchusmon. Holydramon/Ophanimon have existed for years and both get rotated out as Gatomon's 'canon' final evolution, Bacchusmon and Nidhoggmon (and Xuanwumon for that matter) can be the same.
Very rarely the Digimon in anime lives up to its profile, there's no reason they can't make an evil Bacchusmon. Minus his Majin Buu head, he looks more like a nightmare creature than a "fun-looking goofball".
And in Holydramon/Ophanimon case, they've very different concepts, one is an angel and one is a dragon. Bacchusmon and Nidhoggrmon on the other hand are just two big snakes, from what I imagined. But whatever, neither of us should judge Nidhoggrmon since we don't even know what it's supposed to look like yet or what this "cataclysmic level threat" is going to be.

Bartz

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Bacchusmon doesn't really fit that, aesthetically it's a fun-looking goofball,
So was Etemon, but it was still always portrayed as a massive threat that required the first Perfect evolution of that series to beat.
And Etemon had a role catered to its goofball nature and threat level, so it fit its story arc it was made for. As I said in the rest of my post, assuming that the same story is being told Bacchusmon wouldn't have that same luxury here.

Between last episode's Eyesmon, this coming episode's Orochimon, and even the summaries for Nidhoggmon it's clear that they're setting it up to be this powerful cataclysmic level threat that the kids have to overcome. Bacchusmon doesn't really fit that, aesthetically it's a fun-looking goofball, and role-wise it's a kind and friendly soul who just wants to help out its friends, neither of which work as a dragon bent on destruction. They could make it a villain, but unless they changed the arc's story around it's not going to have the same oomph in that role.

Plus, just because Nidhoggmon exists doesn't mean Orochimon can't have an alternate evolution to Bacchusmon. Holydramon/Ophanimon have existed for years and both get rotated out as Gatomon's 'canon' final evolution, Bacchusmon and Nidhoggmon (and Xuanwumon for that matter) can be the same.
Very rarely the Digimon in anime lives up to its profile, there's no reason they can't make an evil Bacchusmon. Minus his Majin Buu head, he looks more like a nightmare creature than a "fun-looking goofball".
And in Holydramon/Ophanimon case, they've very different concepts, one is an angel and one is a dragon. Bacchusmon and Nidhoggrmon on the other hand are just two big snakes, from what I imagined. But whatever, neither of us should judge Nidhoggrmon since we don't even know what it's supposed to look like yet or what this "cataclysmic level threat" is going to be.
I'd debate that, at least in terms of the major villains. With Adventure for instance, Devimon was the first major threat and exerted control over his pawns whether through the Dark Gears or mind control, Etemon was a threat, but still on the more goofy side and did make use of his defenses and songs, Vandemon had the cunning mentioned in his profile, and the Dark Masters each had a role befitting of the characters they are or appeared to be (ex. Mugendramon was a cold tactician). They still had elements drawn from their profiles to influence the characters they were, they didn't just slap them on with little care. Granted, some series are better about it then others (XW for instance did just slap Digimon into roles and barely made use of their abilities or characters), but the Reboot doesn't seem to be going that route and does seem to cater at least somewhat to their profiles and abilities (ex. Fanbeemon line with the hive).

And I said they can make Bacchusmon a villain, I never said otherwise. I'm saying that the role they're setting up for Nidhoggmon doesn't seem like the role they'd want for Bacchusmon, if it was a villain it'd probably cater more to the aspects of the character similar to how Etemon was still busting out songs despite being a strong threat.

Last edited:

Lord Bearmon

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
And I said they can make Bacchusmon a villain, I never said otherwise. I'm saying that the role they're setting up for Nidhoggmon doesn't seem like the role they'd want for Bacchusmon, if it was a villain it'd probably cater more to the aspects of the character similar to how Etemon was still busting out songs despite being a strong threat.
I never said the word villain. I said evil. There's literally no reason Bacchusmon have to be a goofy boy instead of a rampaging monster or whatever you think Nidhoggrmon is.

e105zeta

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If anything, I kind of feel even Orochimon isn’t as scary as Eyesmon.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
How about checking Orochimon's Spirytus Breath in artwork? It looks a bit scary and good menacing.

Bartz

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I never said the word villain. I said evil. There's literally no reason Bacchusmon have to be a goofy boy instead of a rampaging monster or whatever you think Nidhoggrmon is.
Except I never said Nidhoggmon will be a 'rampaging monster', I said it will be a cataclysmic level threat which aren't the same thing. Note in the summary we have of Nidhoggmon's debut episode the two major details we have on it are A) it starts a countdown and malfunctioning of devices in both fake and real Tokyo, and B) when that countdown reaches zero it will destroy Tokyo. None of those abilities are related to anything Bacchusmon can do, it has elements it can use to be evil (such as its distilled poison data), but none of that is being drawn from here. So the role they made for this episode is not catered to the role Bacchusmon would fit if it was evil.

Ultimately though, we're arguing in circles so lets agree to disagree here.

Neilandio

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Pretty sure Bacchusmon is a worm.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Tbf since orochimon has 8 heads it has 16 eyes so I guess it's fitting as an evolution that way.

Poor Shademon though he's completely irrelevant now. In before Eyesmon gets Luminamon too.
But Eyesmon isn't even... Snake. Just horror eyes in the shadow.

Eyesmon is Adult huh. So Eyesmon - Digitamamon - DeviTamamon? Besides Algomon.

That Eyesmon Scatter Mode easily could be mistaken as Child level but it's odd usually some digimon tend to create their own clones but weakened powers or mini versions being weapons that explode yet this Eyesmon Scatter Mode got completely new different design.
Well the big one is kinda like a snake.

BlankShell

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I always love Watanabe showing off different styles, that was a funny one.

But yeah, Eyesmon is pretty cool. Definitely got some FMA vibes from it. Interesting that Scatter Mode is, well, a mode vs being a different stage, but eh, there's outliers like that.

Chimera-gui

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think we should wait for the DRB update, likely later tonight based on how Algomon's early stages aside from Infant worked, before making any judgments.

I will say I do like the designs though.

e105zeta

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It was born by itself as a DigiTama so presumably it’s a Baby or Child equivalent even if it’s marked as a stage.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I mean, Parrotmon and Armagemon were also born from Digitama, so it doesn't mean much, even if we are to take that black mass to be a normal Digitama.

YongYoKyo

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I mean, Parrotmon and Armagemon were also born from Digitama, so it doesn't mean much, even if we are to take that black mass to be a normal Digitama.
Eyesmon didn't hatch from that giant black sphere. It hatched from a proper Digitama that came from the black sphere, similar to Algomon's Digitama.

Guilmon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
There's a lot of poor design choices in this Eyesmon > Orochimon > Nighoggmon in my opinion; making it look like Shademon when they have no connection, Eyesmon merging only counts as a mode change, instead of making the scattered ones a different Child Digimon, and making Nidhoggmon when we have Bacchusmon. Not saying that the art is bad though, Eyesmon's art looks awesome.
Not exactly sure what this "Nighoggmon" stuff is, but I'm guessing it's a spoiler, so I'd appreciate it if you could use spoiler tags, you know, for us folks who don't read the episode synopses for upcoming episodes.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
My bad...? For mentioning that.

At my headcanon, Orochimon's final form is Hydra, Jormungand or stronger version of Orochi to stay true to its myth, being Susanoo's enemy. I guess I dream too much.

CloneWarrior

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That Eyesmon design looks really cool and refreshing! Definitely one of the best digimon designs I've seen for a while
It feels Super that you were able to Open Your Heart to the design on this Adventure with all the Perfect characters fighting the Chaos.
....Is Digiforlife somehow connected to Sonic Adventure?

Edit: It just hit me how much Eyesmon's mouth looks like Perfect Chaos's. >_>

raharaha

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That eyesmon induced my trypophobia. what a bummer, even though the design was great

DragonicEmperor

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Cool Digimon. I like that they have just the right amount of creepy aura with it.

Hopefully it's not a standalone thing but it comes with a fully original Digimon evolution line. (Just imagine the Mega for this thing.)