Digimon Profile #33- The Fabled Legend-Arms Digimon

Mattman324

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
At the moment, Zubamon, Ludomon, and Spadamon have been confirmed
...And Armamon. You forgot Armamon.
It would be really funny if we found out one day that Yo!Yo!mon is a Legends Arms since he also works best with a partner
This is acceptable only if they go full Sukeban Deka with it.

YongYoKyo

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Armamon (and formerly Spadamon) was only ever called a "Weapon Digimon". The group "Legend-Arms" didn't exist back in Super Xros Wars.

While Legend-Arms are largely inspired by the Weapon Digimon, Spadamon was never officially classified as a Legend-Arms until he was added to the Digimon Reference Book in 2020 with an updated profile that retcons him as a Legend-Arms. Until they actually call Armamon a Legend-Arms, it's not confirmed as one.

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
To be fair @YongYoKyo, many believe that "Weapon Digimon" and Legend-Arms are one and the same even before said belief was reinforced by Spadamon’s Encyclopedia profile.

Bancho

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
the distinction is probably that a Weapon Digimon is a digimon made of weapon data whereas a Legend-Arms is a digimon made of weapon data that can also be wielded as a weapon.
As far as I know, Armamon was never physically wielded and had to be fused with to get Omega Armamon Burst Mode?

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ha ha. That's awesome. And kind of cool. So that's what it looks like. ...You know, Why doesn't Spardamon have evos.

Muur

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
To be fair @YongYoKyo, many believe that "Weapon Digimon" and Legend-Arms are one and the same even before said belief was reinforced by Spadamon’s Encyclopedia profile.
And they just swapped the term Weapon Digimon out for Legend-Arms in his profile. The stuff about demons or angels wielding them is the exact same in both weapon digimon and legends arms

andercostald

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Next Digimon Profile probably adds Shoutmon X4S and Shoutmon X5S If It is DigiXros themed.

Neilandio

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's literally impossible to argue semantics here.
A survivor of the "Weapon Digimon", who carry out transformations into giant, peerless weapons based on the master they choose, and which according to legend, "if held by an angel will save the world, and if held by a demon will destroy the world."
One of the "Legend-Arms", who are capable of transforming themselves into weapons. A legend about the Legend-Arms goes, “if held by an angel it will save the world, and if held by a demon it will destroy the world.”
The descriptions are identical and as of now we have no reason to believe they are describing different things.

Geode

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So Spadamon is really a spear and then there’s Zubamon the sword and Ludomon the shield. I just wish we got to see more legend-arms Digimon that can transform into hammers, firearms, axes, or cross bows.

YongYoKyo

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's literally impossible to argue semantics here.
A survivor of the "Weapon Digimon", who carry out transformations into giant, peerless weapons based on the master they choose, and which according to legend, "if held by an angel will save the world, and if held by a demon will destroy the world."
One of the "Legend-Arms", who are capable of transforming themselves into weapons. A legend about the Legend-Arms goes, “if held by an angel it will save the world, and if held by a demon it will destroy the world.”
The descriptions are identical and as of now we have no reason to believe they are describing different things.
Except that, even after the introduction of "Legend-Arms", "Weapon Digimon" can refer to a distinctly separate category of Digimon that are Weapon-type. This category would exclude Ludomon and his line, as his line are Armor-type.

So yes, there would actually be a functional reason for a distinction between the two terms, as "Weapon Digimon" excludes Ludomon, while "Legend-Arms" includes Ludomon.

Geode

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I been reading and I think Spadamon should have a evolutions based on Arthur’s spear Rhongomyniad.

Yamato-san

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
You know, I always found it interesting how "Legend-Arms" is typically written out in English in the Japanese version. Left me to wonder if they happen to have any relation to ZERO-ARMS (of which, only Grani and, for whatever reason, Susanoomon's Orochi are confirmed). Maybe it's just a coincidence, since "Arms" is being used in a more literal sense to refer to weaponry, rather than being an acronym for "ARtificial MonsterS".

Zubamon and Evolutions
Zubamon, Zubaeagermon, Duramon, Durandamon.
They are weapon type Digimon, and can turn into a sword once they evolve into Zubamon onwards. When it evolves into Durandamon, it has a cutting edge sharp enough to cleave any barrier.
Interesting. So the implication is that the Baby forms are incapable of becoming weapons. Shame. Sakumon looked as if it could've turned into a cute little dagger.

As for the final part, loled at him calling out Ryudamon's line for turning into weapons for some reason.
To be fair, he's also calling out Armament Digixroses.
Some of the Devas could turn into weapons, too. Overall, I guess this statement was just there to acknowledge that weapon-transformation isn't necessarily exclusive to the Legend-Arms.

Armamon was never physically wielded
It was, by Dynasmon.
I wouldn't mind seeing "Dynasmon+Arma Sword" (or whatever Armamon's weapon form would be called). But I guess it's in the same boat as Gaiamon, one of those things implied to exist but which may never see the light of day.

Sparrow Hawk

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think all evo lines of Zubamon and Ludomon's Weapon modes in the concert arts that still haven't got final designs? Or maybe one day they will have new cards with similar backgrounds of Morphtronic style?

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Some of the Devas could turn into weapons, too. Overall, I guess this statement was just there to acknowledge that weapon-transformation isn't necessarily exclusive to the Legend-Arms.
Strictly speaking though Legend-Arms are implied to be the only ones able to transform voluntarily rather than the transformation being induced by either an attack, as demonstrated by the Devas, or a Fusion/Digixrose, such as the Ouryuken or the Star Sword, though the latter has been shown to induce it as well as we've seen with both RagnaLordmon and Shoutmon X4S/X5S.

Tetsuya Suoh

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
We need more Legend Arms, because I'd love to see an anime where the humans are all partnered with Legend Arms, actually weild them in battle [with the Digimon having to evolve before transforming as enemies get stronger) culminating in the leader, pared the Zubamon, and lancer, pared with Ludomon, merging with both their partners and each other in a Biomerge/Jogress hybrid to become RagnaLordmon.

But for that to work we'd need a cast of 6 kids so that the team is still a decent size even when two members merge, which means 6 Legend Arms each with full lines in both weapon and monster forms.

Last edited:

Geode

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I read the weapons the Legend-Arms are based on prydwen (Ludomon’s mega form) and rhongomiant (possibly Spadamon) are the shield and spear King Arthur owns besides the sword excalibur, he aslo owns a dagger named carnwennan.

While durandal the sword Zubamon evo line is based on is from France of matter legends which is similar to excalibur.

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
We need more Legend Arms, because I'd love to see an anime where the humans are all partnered with Legend Arms, actually weild them in battle [with the Digimon having to evolve before transforming as enemies get stronger) culminating in the leader, pared the Zubamon, and lancer, pared with Ludomon, merging with both their partners and each other in a Biomerge/Jogress hybrid to become RagnaLordmon.
Honestly I kinda wish Zubamon and Ludomon were the partner Digimon for Nokia Shiramine instead of Omegamon even though that makes no sense timeline wise.

All of the jokes that were done with Agumon/Gabumon would still work for Zubamon/Ludomon and the scene of her standing like badass in front of Omegamon likewise would've worked beautifully with RagnaLordmon standing behind her with their fiery cape.

Plus we've had an over-saturation of Omegamon as a partner, let them rest a little.

Sparrow Hawk

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
You know, guys... I totally get it about the Spear vs the Shield which the spear said to pierce though any defense and the shield can absolutely block any attacks.

But weird, Durandamon's profile said only he puts his "fighting spirit" in his attacks to cut. I wonder why the sword digimon needed to pour the fighting spirit into his attacks? I mean Bryweludramon's profile never said he have to pour it into its shield techniques.

So, this led me to assume if there will be Spear Legend-Arm digimon that doesn't require "Fighting spirit" but to pierce though anything in the future to have "Ultimate Spear vs Ultimate Shield" paradox came to the "digital" life.

Sounded like it's some kind of the main character firing up thing eh?

Well Durandamon is a sword and not spear. Too bad.

Spadamon? He is clearly doomed not to have evo forms but only ends up being the part of Shoutmon's Xros form. Too bad 2X.