Digimon Profile #27- X-Program & X-Antibody

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
digimonprofile27_february21_2022.png

A new Digimon Profile has gone up on Digimon Web!

Digimon Profile #27 is a report on the X-Program & X-Antibody, and of course, X-Antibody Digimon.

The introduction from Agumon Hakase...

X-Evolution is a new evolutionary possibility for Digimon. Digimon that have gone through X-Evolution are called X-Antibody Digimon. This time we will summarize the X-Program and X-Antibody that trigger X-Evolution

Project Ark and X-Program
One day, the growth and increase in Digimon exceeded the maximum storage capacity of the Digital World, threatening to cause its collapse. Thus was Project Ark initiated: a plan that would move some Digimon to a new Digital World, and wipe out the remaining Digimon via the X Program. The X Program was a virus created by yggdrasil. Activating after a certain incubation period, Digimon infected by the program would have their DigiCores shut down by force.

X-Antibody and X-Evolution

digimonprofile27_3_february21_2022.png

Digimon infected by the X Program take the virus into their bodies, which then make a special type of antibody to combat the program. This type of antibody is known as the X-Antibody. Digimon that obtain the X-Antibody unlock the latent potential of their Digicores, transforming into a more powerful form at their current level. Digimon who acquire the X-Antibody must then continue to absorb more X-Antibody, or perish. There are also some Digimon who have the X-Antibody from birth.

Examples of Digimon that acquired the X Antibody:
Agumon X, Seadramon X, Angewomon X

Examples of Digimon born with the X-Antibody:
MameTyramon, Tobucatmon, Alphamon

Agumon Hakase finishes with...
The history of the the X-Antibody is the history of the fight for survival of both Digimon and the Digital World! Keep an eye on the ecology of these fierce and ferocious Digimon!

Alternate version of the art from Digimon Web on Twitter.

digimonprofile27alt_february21_2022.jpg

The version from Twitter is the same, but has very minor different framing on the edges and is a bit larger, along with being compressed.

Prior Digimon Profiles:
Introduction & First 5 Profiles
#6- Report on the Four Holy Beasts & their Subordinates
#7- Vehicle Digimon
#8- Knight Digimon
#9- How to Read the Digimon Encyclopedia
#10- The "Four Great Dragons" Digimon
#11- Levels
#12- Armor Level & Digimentals
#13- The Digital World's Super Alloy, Chrome Digizoid
#14- Hybrid Forms & Spirits
#15- The Three Great Angels and the Kernel
#16- Digimoji and Digicode
#17- How to Draw Gammamon
#18- Food Digimon
#19- Scary Digimon that Embody the Spirit of Halloween
#20- Digimon Types/Attributes
#21- Digimon Jogress/Fusion
#22- Digimon Rivalries
#23- Speedy Digimon
#24- Digimon with Dreams
#25- Digimon of the D-Brigade
#26- The Seven Great Demon Lords

Attachments

• article.jpg
    article.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 13,815

BlankShell

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Nice to get some good art of the X-Antibody and project Arc. Kind of a short entry though? Feels like there's room to expound on more.

YongYoKyo

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
There's not really much to the X-Antibody as a whole. Project Ark and Program X. The X-Evolution of the survivors. The difference between the natural carriers and the acquired carriers.

Beyond that, you just have the plot of Chronicle, which is unnecessary for explaining the actual mechanics of the X-Antibody. There is Death-X, but that will probably have its own Profile Report.

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's also a day early, I wasn't expecting the Profile report to be posted until tomorrow night since that would be Wednesday in Japan.

Tarama

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I was expecting something like the connection of X Antibody and Dark Area, as stated in certain media. That'll probably to be in other Profile Reports so that's okay.

Even though X Program seems "new" in the history of Digital World, I think X Antibody thing is there from the beginning of the creation of Digital World. The digicore interface, the profiles of some natural carriers, and other things. It's like the X Program is something destined to happen.

Muur

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Pfft that was the chance to give us Agumon Expert X. I guess he's somehow immune to turning into an X form despite holding one. Anyway nothing new here. Also, it's not even Wednesday! had to double check...

I thought they might've posted a full list of X Digimon and maybe realised they didn't give it to those 10 or so Digimon. Guess Dracmon and the others will remain without it in the DRB.

Sparrow Hawk

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ohh new infos! I thought having X antibody is huge upgrade/power up but I'm surprised it have nasty side effects. It needs more of it to absorb or die? Jeez

It didn't explain how they came to exist for "born"... Needs more deeper details. But I guess it broke my personal headcanon about X antibody reviving extinct digimons.

Glad to enjoy this such nice report!

Bancho

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I didn't actually know the part where X Antibody Digimon forms need to keep consuming X-antibodies or else they die. So this means becoming an X form means constantly looking your own demise in the face? I assume natural carriers don't have this issue since they can naturally produce the antibodies their whole life to fight Project X?
That one line of text is pretty interesting to me

Rohan

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Lol @ Agumon Expert holding it up like “my precious...” :ROFLMAO:

Anyways, a well timed report what with X-Record in the TCG and all.

Sparrow Hawk

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I assume natural carriers don't have this issue since they can naturally produce the antibodies their whole life to fight Project X?
That one line of text is pretty interesting to me

It makes me really question how on earth Examon produced X-Antibody out of nowhere... Maybe due to his massive data size, he could be X antibody factory? I really want this explanation on Examon producing X antibodies if they update next time! It means Examon is the new Leomon...

Bancho

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It makes me really question how on earth Examon produced X-Antibody out of nowhere... Maybe due to his massive data size, he could be X antibody factory? I really want this explanation on Examon producing X antibodies if they update next time! It means Examon is the new Leomon...
It could be that his massive data size just produced the antibody on its own, maybe he got infected with Project X, maybe he went through some type of training to alter his Digicore, or maybe he just swiped some X Antibodies from the tongues of Numemon X and kept it in its pocket like how Professor Agumon has one he keeps on to and is not using

Neilandio

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The part where it says the x-antibody carriers perish is probably a mistranslation as it contradicts previous information where it was stated that the x antibody is a temporary form (except for those who stole or received their x antibody from a natural carrier).

YongYoKyo

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's not a contradiction. In the face of the X Program, losing the X-Antibody is equivalent to death. As stated on the Chronicle X site, it's a fierce struggle for survival as the Digimon compete to ingest X-Antibodies.

moquito64

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Pretty sure @YongYoKyo hit it on the head. I believe they meant that if you lose the x-antibodies you will perish due to the x-virus, thus you have to keep consuming it in order to keep it from force shutting down their DigiCore. Unless something eradicates the x program, they will need to keep doing that. As for natural carrier it makes sense they are naturally immune to the virus as they have natural antibodies that don't get filtered out over time.

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I didn't actually know the part where X Antibody Digimon forms need to keep consuming X-antibodies or else they die. So this means becoming an X form means constantly looking your own demise in the face?
It was established in the Pendulum X and Chronicle materials that the Antibody isn't persistent. Not all Digimon who have absorbed the Antibody automatically produce it in their digicore.
And sure they are running out of time but it's still the best case scenario because anyone who doesn't have would be already dead anyway.

It was also stated that it's the continual exposure to the X-Program which causes the the antibodies to decline. So in continuities in which project ark was stopped and the X-Program no longer ravages the world, X-Digimon might no longer need to continually renew their antibodies.

Related to that, one of the factors about the X-antibody that was featured in the Pendulum X/Chronicle materials but disappointingly not in the profile was that not just the presence of the X-antibody is relevant but also its concentration. Higher level X-Digimon tend to have more of it, the red or blue color of an "altered" Digicore meant to designate high and low concentrations respectively and while recent cards have shown both styles it's unclear if that significance remains.

Another neat implication of the concentration aspect is (again according to older sources) that it's possible for Digimon to have the X-antibody in a low enough concentration to be resistant against the X-Program without it actually triggering an X-Evolution, a state called "X-antibody Protoform" or PF for short as revealed in the cards. (I would argue that this was probably why there were so many non-X Digimon in the resistance group in X-Evolution, even without X-evolving they might have possessed the antibody protoform.)

There is no need for a special explanation for Examon; It's known that sufficiently strong Digimon can produce the X-antibody as a reaction to infection with the X-Program... Which makes sense since that's how antibodies work in general. Presumably weaker Digimon just die before their Digicore gets a chance to counteract the virus.

Pfft that was the chance to give us Agumon Expert X. I guess he's somehow immune to turning into an X form despite holding one.
I don't see why merely holding one would automatically trigger anything. Absorbing data generally tends to be a conscious decision by the Digimon, so if he doesn't want or need to do so he can just not absorb it even if he theoretically could.

Yamato-san

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm kinda curious about Digimon like GigaSeadramon and GrandisKuwagamon. Are they natural carriers that evolved from acquirers? Or are they simply the X-Antibody forms of MetalSeadramon and GranKuwagamon?

Mattman324

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
There is no need for a special explanation for Examon; It's known that sufficiently strong Digimon can produce the X-antibody as a reaction to infection with the X-Virus... Which makes sense since that's how antibodies work in general. Presumably weaker Digimon just die before their Digicore gets a chance to counteract the virus.
Adding to this, it's Examon, the guy who got eaten by Eaters and still didn't die. Better than even odds that the X virus could have been infecting the greater part of his body and he still just could have kept on going until the rest of him made the antibodies.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This was always a weird idea but there are some fun designs. Funny picture as always though.

Tarama

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
There is no need for a special explanation for Examon; It's known that sufficiently strong Digimon can produce the X-antibody as a reaction to infection with the X-Program... Which makes sense since that's how antibodies work in general. Presumably weaker Digimon just die before their Digicore gets a chance to counteract the virus.
Yes. This is also my take of the case.

Yamato-san

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
There is no need for a special explanation for Examon; It's known that sufficiently strong Digimon can produce the X-antibody as a reaction to infection with the X-Virus... Which makes sense since that's how antibodies work in general. Presumably weaker Digimon just die before their Digicore gets a chance to counteract the virus.
Adding to this, it's Examon, the guy who got eaten by Eaters and still didn't die. Better than even odds that the X virus could have been infecting the greater part of his body and he still just could have kept on going until the rest of him made the antibodies.
Wait, I thought the reason for Examon's corruption in Cyber Sleuth was due to his massive data size not being able to fully pass through into the Real World. Granted, he was defeated in part by the Eater-integrated Arata later, though he held off on eating him (too big of a meal IIRC).