Digimon Profile #21- Digimon Jogress/Fusion

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
digimonprofile21_novembe23_2021.png

A new Digimon Profile has gone up on Digimon Web!

Digimon Profile #21 is a report on the 'Digimon Basics' category of jogress, or fusion. And with it we get some jogress themed social style artwork!

Agumon Hakase goes over various categories of jogress/fusion, along with explaining some of the concepts.

The introduction from Agumon Hakase...

This time we're going to explain about jogresses, which is a situation where two Digimon fuse together.

Jogress Examples
WarGreymon + MetalGarurumon= Omegamon
BanchoLeomon + Darkdramon= Chaosdramon
Alphamon + Ouryumon= Alphamon: Ouryuken
Mugendramon + Kimeramon= Millenniumon

When two Digimon merge and are reborn as a new Digimon, it is called Jogress. When two ultimate levels fuse to become one new ultimate level, or two Digimon of different levels combine, that can also be called jogress. Any Digimon has the potential for 'Jogress Evolution' but some evolutions only appear between certain Digimon. There are also cases where the combination of the same Digimon will have a different form after fusing, based on which Digimon is the base.

Jogress Evolution Examples Between Specific Digimon
XV-mon + Stingmon= Paildramon
Stingmon + XV-mon= Dinobeemon
Ankylmon + Angemon= Shakkoumon
Aquilamon + Tailmon= Silphymon
Angemon + LadyDevimon= Mastemon

Agumon Hakase finishes by asking- What did you think? There are many types of jogress.

Update- Alternate version of the art from Digimon Web on Twitter.

digimonprofile21alt_november23_2021.jpg

The version from Twitter is the same, but has very minor different framing on the edges.

Prior Digimon Profiles:
Introduction & First 5 Profiles
#6- Report on the Four Holy Beasts & their Subordinates
#7- Vehicle Digimon
#8- Knight Digimon
#9- How to Read the Digimon Encyclopedia
#10- The "Four Great Dragons" Digimon
#11- Levels
#12- Armor Level & Digimentals
#13- The Digital World's Super Alloy, Chrome Digizoid
#14- Hybrid Forms & Spirits
#15- The Three Great Angels and the Kernel
#16- Digimoji and Digicode
#17- How to Draw Gammamon
#18- Food Digimon
#19- Scary Digimon that Embody the Spirit of Halloween
#20- Digimon Types/Attributes

Attachments

• article.jpg
    article.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 11,695

Tarama

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I love how they emphasize about Jogress and Jogress Evolution.

Geode

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What about with Shoutmon and its Fusions, is that something different?

Tetsuya Suoh

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wish they had clarified about the difference between Jogress, fusion, and Digi-Xros.

In the past I've heard that the difference between Jogress and fusion is the level of the resulting Digimon, i.e. if two adult Digimon become a Perfect, it's a Jogress, but if two Ultimates become another Ultimate, it's a Fusion. I've also heard that the difference between Jogress/Fusion and Digi-Xros is that with either of the former, the personalities merge, while in the latter, the personality of one component dominates over the others. It would be nice to have an official statement either confirm or debunk these pieces of information.

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What about with Shoutmon and its Fusions, is that something different?
Yes, that is called DigiXros and is technically distinct from Jogress though it can considered an expansion and exploration of it.

BlankShell

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Bless the translator for using DNA Digivolution. It's not as catchy, but damn if I don't love it.

YongYoKyo

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
BanchoLeomon + Darkdramon= Chaosdramon
Typo. It's Chaosmon, not Chaosdramon.

I wish they had clarified about the difference between Jogress, fusion, and Digi-Xros.

In the past I've heard that the difference between Jogress and fusion is the level of the resulting Digimon, i.e. if two adult Digimon become a Perfect, it's a Jogress, but if two Ultimates become another Ultimate, it's a Fusion. I've also heard that the difference between Jogress/Fusion and Digi-Xros is that with either of the former, the personalities merge, while in the latter, the personality of one component dominates over the others. It would be nice to have an official statement either confirm or debunk these pieces of information.
They did address the first two in the Report (Xros will likely get its own separate Report).

Jogress is a catch-all for any merge that results in a new Digimon, whether it's two Ultimates fusing into a new Ultimate, or two Digimon of different levels fusing. According to the Report, when the Jogress results in a Digimon of a higher level, then it's specified as Jogress Evolution.

The English translation the official site uses on the Report translates Jogress as Fusion, and Jogress Evolution as DNA Digivolution.

Digiforlife

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

The best piece I could find is in Xros Wars Episode 78 where every main protagonists' digimon showed up to defeat Quartzmon, with Tentomon said that Omegamon is just a fusion and Imperialdramon is the result of Jogress Evolution

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The English translation the official site uses on the Report translates Jogress as Fusion, and Jogress Evolution as DNA Digivolution.
The use of English terms in the site's built in English translation is a cute detail even if actual English media has used DNA Digivolution to refer to both Jogress and Jogress Evolution.

Bancho

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
so I'm good to just call every combination a jogress from now on?

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
so I'm good to just call every combination a jogress from now on?
More or less, not like Bandai wasn't doing that already.

Last edited:

Hydranoid413

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So a Jogress is what I’d call a Fusion (Omegamon) and a Jogress Evolution is what I’d call a Jogress (Paildramon)

I guess this is a good way to explain why what a Jogress is varies by universe

Mattman324

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So a Jogress is what I’d call a Fusion (Omegamon) and a Jogress Evolution is what I’d call a Jogress (Paildramon)

I guess this is a good way to explain why what a Jogress is varies by universe
Makes sense, Omegamon isn't technically an evolution in the sense of going up a level since it's also an Ultimate. Same with the other examples - Ouryuken's an Ultimate, Chaosmon's an Ultimate, and... well Milleniummon's weird because it comes from a Perfect and an Ultimate but that's not an evolution for half that equation at least.

Momentai

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Interesting, but since coherence is not exactly Digimon's strong suit, I'll continue to call them Jogress indifferently

Geode

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Would it be possible for Dorugoramon to still Jogress with Ouryumon to become Alphamon Ouryuken?

Onegamon Alter S is a Jogress/Fusion too right.

And what about Boltboutamon, Rafflesimon, GraceNovamon.

Tarama

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Would it be possible for Dorugoramon to still Jogress with Ouryumon to become Alphamon Ouryuken?

Onegamon Alter S is a Jogress/Fusion too right.

And what about Boltboutamon, Rafflesimon, GraceNovamon.
No it's not possible.

Yes. Alter-S is a Jogress.

Voltoboutamon (Perfect+Ultimate) is a Jogress, just like Millenniummon.
Rafflesimon and GraceNovamon are also Jogress.

Sparrow Hawk

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh I guess all Digimon Profiles cannot list fully on the most certain digimon ones eh?

Glad this solved some misunderstandings. Or does it not?

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Interesting article. Jogress are cool at times but I did hope to see Megas for 02. Or at least DinoBeemon.

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wonder if we'll get a sequel to this for DigiXros, would justify the addition of at least some of the remaining Shoutmon gestalts and possibly ReverseWeddinmon or other Xrosses that don't have Bandai artwork yet.