Digimon Profile #20- Digimon Types/Attributes

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
digimonprofile20_november9_2021.png

A new Digimon Profile has gone up on Digimon Web!

Digimon Profile #20 is a report on the 'Digimon Basics' category of attributes, or types.

Agumon Hakase goes over the various types, including explanations and examples of the attributes of various Digimon species.

The introduction from Agumon Hakase...

Digimon are classified into three attributes depending on how they interact with and affect the environment in which they inhabit. I'll introduce these three types, and throw in two more for a title of five in all!

Virus
Examples: Kunemon, Kuwagamon, Okuwamon
Type that change it's surrounding environment into a type that's comfortable for it to live in. It is called virus because it causes a variety of abnormalities as a result.

Vaccine
Examples: Pulsemon, Bulkmon, Boutmon
Type that work to protect it's surroundings and territory. As a result, it acts against viral Digimon.

Data
Examples: Herissmon, Filmon, Stefilmon
Type that adapts itself to its surroundings. Neither vaccine nor virus, they don't impact or influence the environment.

Due to their unique characteristics, vaccine types tend to be strong against virus, virus tends to be stronger against data, and data tends to be stronger against vaccine.
In Baby 1 & 2 forms, they are still young and growing, so no attributes are seen.

The next two are special attributes.

Free
Examples: V-mon, XV-mon, Lighdramon
Found in many ancient species and armor forms, these have no attribute. It is said this is a remnant of a time when Digimon were still in their infancy and 'how to survive' was unclear.

Variable
Examples: Agnimon, Aldamon, KaiserGreymon
At the moment, this type, hybrids, is found in the Ten Warriors. The attribute changes in a variable fashion depending on the situation.

Update- Alternate version of the art from Digimon Web on Twitter.

digimonprofile20alt_november9_2021.jpg

The version from Twitter is effectively the same, except larger, but it has more compression.

Prior Digimon Profiles:
Introduction & First 5 Profiles
#6- Report on the Four Holy Beasts & their Subordinates
#7- Vehicle Digimon
#8- Knight Digimon
#9- How to Read the Digimon Encyclopedia
#10- The "Four Great Dragons" Digimon
#11- Levels
#12- Armor Level & Digimentals
#13- The Digital World's Super Alloy, Chrome Digizoid
#14- Hybrid Forms & Spirits
#15- The Three Great Angels and the Kernel
#16- Digimoji and Digicode
#17- How to Draw Gammamon
#18- Food Digimon
#19- Scary Digimon that Embody the Spirit of Halloween

Attachments

• article.jpg
    article.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 8,448

Bancho

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
odd, I thought we got this profile before? It's nice to see Variable still acknowledged. Variable being a mutating attribute is very interesting

Last edited:

YongYoKyo

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
odd, I thought we got this profile before? It's nice to see Variable still acknowledged as a mutating attribute is very interesting
The Digimon Profile was about how to read the Digimon Reference Book pages, which naturally includes the attributes listed on said pages.

Sparrow Hawk

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh didn't expect to repeat this Attribute before but glad to see Herissmon again to get some more love!

Ryudamon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Funny they use Kunemon on the profile pic and not Gammamon. They could had the three main Digimon for the last three big events show against each other.

Geode

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Two of my favorites Pulsemon and Herissmon and I notice that all three are electric element.

BlankShell

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's been so long since we've seen Herissmon I forgot he was a data type! I suppose the fact that type doesn't really factor into ReArise also has something to do with it...

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Funny they use Kunemon on the profile pic and not Gammamon. They could had the three main Digimon for the last three big events show against each other.
I'm guessing they wanted to avoid Ghost Game mon since they could have had Gammamon, Angoramon and Jellymon.

Tarama

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I thought the same at first until I realized that Gammamon is a virus, but Canoweissmon is a vaccine. They need to pick a proper digimon to make an example of one evolution line from Child to Perfect, like Kunemon to Okuwamon.

YongYoKyo

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
All three of them are electrical Digimon (though only Pulsemon retains that electricity all the way to Ultimate).

Muur

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is a waste, the info is basically identical to what they wrote in that previous Digimon Profile Report. Also gets rid of everyone's theory that the next one was gonna be a Black Digitron one... weird. Why did those guys go into the DRB then

JungleTrooper

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is a waste, the info is basically identical to what they wrote in that previous Digimon Profile Report. Also gets rid of everyone's theory that the next one was gonna be a Black Digitron one... weird. Why did those guys go into the DRB then
There have never been clear patterns for Profile reports. A lot of them have been quite useless for us more seasoned fans. I don't think there were any Black Digitron hints, though, nor that many theories about it.

Last Reference Book update was 'random' (as in: no clear ties to concurrent media, just filling up the list), like a few ones before (like the Kyukimon-update), and I'm more than fine with that.

Remember, Profile Reports rarely come with RB updates. We just got to be lucky.

Ryudamon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I thought the same at first until I realized that Gammamon is a virus, but Canoweissmon is a vaccine. They need to pick a proper digimon to make an example of one evolution line from Child to Perfect, like Kunemon to Okuwamon.
Only problem is we also have GulusGammamon, which is also a virus type. We do not really know what the perfect and ultimate forms, which they probably be virus types too. All we have is place holders.

Tarama

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Only problem is we also have GulusGammamon, which is also a virus type. We do not really know what the perfect and ultimate forms, which they probably be virus types too. All we have is place holders.
Yeah, if we assume Gammamon will as well have more than one Perfect form (which one of them might be a virus), we still don't have them yet. They haven't been released officially.
That's why, Gammamon - GulusGammamon - Canoweissmon will be a bad example of a virus line digimon.

Momentai

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I really appreciate these kind of profiles. I couldn't have asked for better definitions.

Interesting enough that they don't mention the unknown attribute. I guess it's unknown by definition

Rohan

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If nothing else, seeing Kunemon here put a massive smile on my face. :love: