Digimon Profile #18- Delectable Food Digimon & Reference Book Updates

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
digimonprofile18_october12_2021.png

A new Digimon Profile has gone up on Digimon Web!

Digimon Profile #18 is a report on 'delectable food Digimon'

It explains basic information about various Digimon involving food, they introduce it as:
It’s been getting colder here at Digi-Report HQ. That means autumn’s on the way! They say your appetite grows as the temperature drops, y’know. So in honor of the incoming fall weather, we thought we’d introduce a few Digimon that’d make your mouth water!

They show off:
TorikaraBallmon, Burgermon, EbiBurgermon, Burgermon (Adult), Potamon, & Shortmon

"Any of these Digimon would make your tummy rumble before you know it. There are also non-Food type Digimon with connections to food."

Examples of 'food related' Digimon
Yakiimon, Jagamon, & Weddinmon

Agumon Hakase finishes with saying there are Digimon that incorporate the data of food, Digimon that give food, even Digimon that look to be food, it takes all kinds! There are more Digimon out there that will whet your appetite, the investigations are ongoing.

We also get reference book updates that tie into the new profile...
shortmon_october12_2021.png
weddinmon_october12_2021.png

Shortmon
Weddinmon

Prior Digimon Profiles:
Introduction & First 5 Profiles
#6- Report on the Four Holy Beasts & their Subordinates
#7- Vehicle Digimon
#8- Knight Digimon
#9- How to Read the Digimon Encyclopedia
#10- The "Four Great Dragons" Digimon
#11- Levels
#12- Armor Level & Digimentals
#13- The Digital World's Super Alloy, Chrome Digizoid
#14- Hybrid Forms & Spirits
#15- The Three Great Angels and the Kernel
#16- Digimoji and Digicode
#17- How to Draw Gammamon

Attachments

• article.jpg
    article.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 15,750
Last edited:

Bancho

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
it was such a "oh snap!" moment to get the surprise that there's a reference book update by reading the Digimon Profile as I don't think they mentioned the new entries at all and just let people realize it on their own. I was just reading the article and suddenly, nice new art!

Devkyu

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh snap I was never expecting those two to get added

Tortoiseshel

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
YES YES YES YES YES AND THEY'RE THE LEVELS I WANTED THEM TO BE YEEESSSSS!! God they look so good! It's just too bad they didn't also include Reverse Weddinmon; I wonder why not?

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
YES YES YES YES YES AND THEY'RE THE LEVELS I WANTED THEM TO BE YEEESSSSS!! God they look so good! It's just too bad they didn't also include Reverse Weddinmon; I wonder why not?
Saving her for later?

Agumon Expert does mention that investigations on food themed Digimon are still ongoing and that there are more still out there.

Tarama

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
it was such a "oh snap!" moment to get the surprise that there's a reference book update by reading the Digimon Profile as I don't think they mentioned the new entries at all and just let people realize it on their own. I was just reading the article and suddenly, nice new art!
This was basically me just now.

Also, I like Shortmon being Adult. Its design is Adult enough for a food-based digimon.

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Also, I like Shortmon being Adult. Its design is Adult enough for a food-based digimon.
To be fair, @YongYoKyo in another channel suggested that Shortmon's level was due to it and Candlemon both being in Weddinmon's entourage and DigiXrossing with her to become ReverseWeddinmon so Bandai may have wanted to make Candlemon> Shortmon > Weddinmon > ReverseWeddinmon a viable line.

Given that this was the line of thought behind the levels for both Chikurimon > Troopmon and Chibickmon > Pickmon > Starmon > ShootingStarmon I can completely believe it.

e105zeta

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Never thought these would get profiles. I love the colors they picked.

Since Juno is the goddess of marriage I hope we see Weddinmon -> Junomon as canon someday.

Tarama

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
To be fair, @YongYoKyo in another channel suggested that Shortmon's level was due to it and Candlemon both being in Weddinmon's entourage and DigiXrossing with her to become ReverseWeddinmon so Bandai may have wanted to make Candlemon> Shortmon > Weddinmon > ReverseWeddinmon a viable line.
I like the pattern. If you are food based digimon and you wear clothes, you are Adult.
At least for now.

Never thought these would get profiles. I love the colors they picked.
It'd have hurt if we got Luminamon (Nene Ver.) but not these two.

The recent updates excite me, because I still wait for that Bagramon Archangel to get one.
With the Angel themed Dim Card coming, I can have my hope high.

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Something else I just realized is that Weddinmon's Level allows her to be a previous stage to her boss Lilithmon.

Last edited:

Nightwing

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Aside from ReverseWeddinmon, are there any other outstanding food Digimon not in the Reference Book yet? Pretty curious now

JungleTrooper

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Aside from ReverseWeddinmon, are there any other outstanding food Digimon not in the Reference Book yet? Pretty curious now
Not really, and ReverseWeddinmon is a Xross Up, those are few and far between in terms of entries.

Geode

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I never thought I see Shortmon and Weddinmon get official art and levels now if they just give Panbachimon a level too.

AppliFang

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
lol This is so funny cause i just did an inktober for Shortmon xD

*Also thought Shortmon was a rookie haha
Should have added pumpkinmon too for fun!

Sparrow Hawk

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What the Hades? Shortmon and Weddinmon actually got arts and levels? Surprised it's actually Adult level instead of Child.

Why more Xros related?

Hmm I see how they gave specific colors to those. Shortmon's shoes look like it's extremely old fashioned shoes from the old era.

Weddinmon is just... Wedding version of Lotusmon the way I see her...

VelgemonMOD

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Now they should make a "Fighting Foodons" Dim card like they did with Medabots.