Digimon Profile #15- The Three Great Angels and the Kernel

sirtao

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I heard Lucemon did this too in the XW manga. Wanted fighting instinct removed but was told no by Yggdrasil. I think Bagramon was just one of Lucemon's minions and Lucemon was the leader. If that wasn't the manga maybe it was one of the mobile card games.
No, in the XW manga Lucemon is not a character.
He's just one of the digimon the Royal Knights kept under surveillance before Bagramon.

Darklabo

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh great update! This info is truly important! Replacement for Three Great Archangel's slots no longer remains fan-made theory and it got revealed at finally!

So Seraphimon Falldown Mode isn't possible but I guess it's interesting each Archangel member takes different names rather than common pattern naming: Falldown Mode, Black and Vice instead of Falldown Mode versions or Black versions or Virus type.

Raiselmon got mentioned as she is welcomed into this part of Three Great Archangel already huh.
Rasielmon is an Ophanim, like... well, Ophanimon.
I think it has a rank equivalent to the Three Great Angels, but it’s role is special, which is why it is not part of the group.

And where does that leave SlashAngemon and ClavisAngemon.
GuardiAngemon and ClavisAngemon are lower-ranked Angels.

There are nine ranks overall, most represented by a certain Digimon.

9 - Angels - Angemon/Piddomon/Darcmon etc
8 - Archangels - MagnaAngemon, Angewomon etc
7 - Principalities/Princes - None yet
6 - Powers - GuardiAngemon
5 - Virtues - ClavisAngemon
4 - Dominions - Dominimon
3 - Ophanim/Thrones - Ophanimon/Rasielmon
2 - Cherubim - Cherubimon
1 - Seraphim - Seraphimon

Each rank has their own duty, and as you ascend the ranks, the closer you get to god.

I honestly don't think Bandai ever intended to give Cherubimon one of the Seven Great Demon Lords as a potential corrupted version. We would've had some sort of mention or otherwise.

Now you guys are just headcanoning.
This profile confirms that Cherubimon can turn into one, we are just theorizing to which one.

I think those are the 3 most interisting info we got from this profile:
The Kernel is rumored to be the place where all data in the digital world is computed. It's said if something goes wrong there, the digital world will collapse.
Information about the Kernel, good

Digimon rearise is going there I think based on the most recent chapter
It is said Cherubimon will become a Demon Lord Digimon, not necessarily one of the SGDL. MaloMyotismon, Ghoulmon, Murmuxmon, and Bagramon are all Demon Lords as well.
That said, as TMS said, classically, Beelzebub is a fallen Cherub, so I think Beelzemon works if we need a frontrunner.
Indeed, Cherubimon could have become a simple Demon Lord.
But I would find it disappointing if one of the most important members of the Heavenly Hierarchy did not inherit an equivalent title when fallen.
Beelzebumon can work, yes, but personally I have a preference for Belphemon.

AngelOmega

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Loved this and glad it comfirmed that the "fallen" forms are mid way from becoming Demon Lords. It makes sense that Angels that have fallen will get replaced.

Mastemon's probably acts more like a Chaosmon in the wild, in that after forming it starts un-forming pretty quickly since it's two opposed beings. That said, in terms of angel hierarchy I don't think it's anything more than generic because, you know, it's also a demon.
Mastemon is unique. According to her profile although it is a Jogress Evolution of two conflicting Digimon itself, it has a one-track mind so that means the she won't unform. Mastemon is like Lucemon FM (that was said also in a game, think Rearise).

Unlike Ophanimon, she has 12 wings like Lucemon FM. Also regular Lucemon's type is just an Angel but he far outranks Seraphimon and the others. The same could be with Mastemon.

Darklabo

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Actually ReArise shows Lucemon's rebellion
wasn't Bagramon's rebellion over asking if Homeostasis could remove the natural combat instinct in Digimon to make peace easier to obtain and Homeostasis refusing? And that's why he wanted to recreate the world, because to him the beings considered God can just stop conflict but refuse to? Do we know what Lucemon's rebellion was about? I'm wondering if Lucemon also had an understandable reason

I heard Lucemon did this too in the XW manga. Wanted fighting instinct removed but was told no by Yggdrasil. I think Bagramon was just one of Lucemon's minions and Lucemon was the leader. If that wasn't the manga maybe it was one of the mobile card games.

In ReArise Lucemon rebelled cus he "realised he's as strong as God so wanted to rule the world instead of god". Guess the other three Demons agreed. Daemons profile also talks about reviving the "super ultimate Digimon who lead the rebellion" which is probably Lucemon Satan mode, since Lucemon SM is SU in recent games.

Actually ReArise shows Lucemon's rebellion. Lucemon, Lilithmon (Ophanimon), Daemon (Seraphimon), and Barbamon rebelled against God so now I think Cherubimon becomes Barbamon. Barbamon is also one that doesn't really have an established pre evo
Would wendigomon and andiramon(virus) work for barbamon?

No reason it can't in fact you could see Wendigomon being evil from loneliness is greed. Not getting enough attention...
I find it hard to believe that Baguramon could have been Lucemon's minion.
Based on his Xros Wars incarnation, the guy has Lilithmon and Tactimon as generals.
The former is an SGDL herself, and the latter possesses a weapon possibly as powerful as Susanoomon's Orochi.
I don't see how Lucemon could have kept a guy like Baguramon under control.
Rather, I think that their rebellions, although similar, were not necessarily related.

YongYoKyo

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's quite clear that in the case of Mastemon and Lucemon, their Angel-type is referring to the "species as a whole," rather than a specific "lowest rank" of angels.

e105zeta

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's quite clear that in the case of Mastemon and Lucemon, their Angel-type is referring to the "species as a whole," rather than a specific "lowest rank" of angels.
This is why I wish types could contain up to 2 designations. So a Seraphimon could be an Angel/Seraph type. But really, I wish there had been a type cleanup and streamlining with the Xros Wars update.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is cool. Glad Rasielmon got a mention. I got that in ReArise But some interesting stuff. I wonder how many they have left?

Mynor

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is why I wish types could contain up to 2 designations. So a Seraphimon could be an Angel/Seraph type. But really, I wish there had been a type cleanup and streamlining with the Xros Wars update.
I would really love an update that gave secondary typings.
As for why they are only "angel", I imagine the rankings refer to societal hierarchy, not power level. HolyAngemon isn't an Archangel because it can perform Heaven's Door but because it supervises and surveys masses of angel digimon within the Kernel's society

Arkadimon was a creation of Yggdrasil, which it purposefully released into the world in order to eventually summon Ogudomon.
haha, silly Yggdrasil

Tortoiseshel

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
"High-ranking Digimon get replaced if they die, fall, or are otherwise unable to fulfill their duties" has been my headcanon for all the big Digimon groups for a long time, so it's nice to see it confirmed as canon for at least one of them.

GoggleBoy97

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Actually ReArise shows Lucemon's rebellion
wasn't Bagramon's rebellion over asking if Homeostasis could remove the natural combat instinct in Digimon to make peace easier to obtain and Homeostasis refusing? And that's why he wanted to recreate the world, because to him the beings considered God can just stop conflict but refuse to? Do we know what Lucemon's rebellion was about? I'm wondering if Lucemon also had an understandable reason

Bagramon didn't discuss those issues with Yggdrasil in the manga as far as I can recall, he questioned God's authority and passive role and the basis in which the World had been built up. He didn't want the weakest ones to suffer unnecessarly and pretended to create a more fair world from scratch, in which humans wouldn't fall that easily into despair and loss of hope. Prior creating the Bagra Army, he politely asked each member of the Seven Great Demon Lords to join their revolution. Lucemon (Child) as the leader declined the proposal as he preferred to mantain a neutral position. Only Lilithmon (presumably former Ophanimon based on this report) following its own lustful instincts joined the Bagra Army as she felt sexually attracted to Bagramon himself.

I highly recommend to anyone that hasn't already read the manga of Xros Wars to check it out. It's so good, like the holy bible of Digimon made into the a great media in the form of a love letter to the hardcore fans of the franchise.

Mon-Ohma

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Cherubimon is still best Angel for me.

The Golux

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I had previously imagined cherubimon's demon lord equivalent being Belphemon.

Tetsuya Suoh

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If we go just by visuals, I'd say Cherubimon and Belphemon are most similar.

There may be mention of Beelzebub in the bible being a fallen Cherub, but Digimon doesn't necessarily follow that completely. Take Lilithmon for example. In the bible (well, biblical apocrypha) Lilith was a human before becoming the Mother of Demons, not a Throne, yet Lilithmon is explicitly a fallen Ophanimon.
I dont know much about biblical lore, but I don't think the Cacodemon is ever stated to have been a Seraph either, yet Demon is a fallen Seraphimon.

Visually, I think Beelzebumon fits as a fallen SlashAngemon instead of a fallen Cherubimon.

shynely

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
There may be mention of Beelzebub in the bible being a fallen Cherub, but Digimon doesn't necessarily follow that completely.

There is no such mention. Much of "real" angel and demon lore isn't from the bible.

I dont know much about biblical lore, but I don't think the Cacodemon is ever stated to have been a Seraph either, yet Demon is a fallen Seraphimon.

There's no "the Cacodemon". It's just a term for evil spirit things in general.

The specific demon that Demon represents would be Satan. The Crownof Wrath specifically mentions Satan, and the Seven Great Demon Lords group are based on Binsfeld's list with one demon for each Deadly Sin. Might be weird that Satan and Lucifer have separate slots, but that's how Binsfeld listed them. Also, as mentioned in that Wikimon article, the Crown of Lust mentions Asmodeus instead of Lilith, since that was Binsfeld's demon for Lust.

Last edited:

Tarama

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If we talk about the other SGDL's Angel forms, I personally want them to evolve from entirely new Ultimate angel digimon rather than the preexisting ones. Except of course, Cherubimon, who might be one of them (or not).

Tetsuya Suoh

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If we talk about the other SGDL's Angel forms, I personally want them to evolve from entirely new Ultimate angel digimon rather than the preexisting ones. Except of course, Cherubimon, who might be one of them (or not).
Personally, I'd like each of the SDG to be a fallen form of one of the Holy DIgimon from Adventure: (as well as that being made an official group in the broader lore) but Leviamon, Valdurmon, and Razielmon kind of throw a wrench into that idea.
There may be mention of Beelzebub in the bible being a fallen Cherub, but Digimon doesn't necessarily follow that completely.

There is no such mention. Much of "real" angel and demon lore isn't from the bible.

There's no "the Cacodemon". It's just a term for evil spirit things in general.

The specific demon that Demon represents would be Satan. The Crownof Wrath specifically mentions Satan, and the Seven Great Demon Lords group are based on Binsfeld's list with one demon for each Deadly Sin. Might be weird that Satan and Lucifer have separate slots, but that's how Binsfeld listed them. Also, as mentioned in that Wikimon article, the Crown of Lust mentions Asmodeus instead of Lilith, since that was Binsfeld's demon for Lust.
The Crowns just make the SDG confusing overall and don't really have any bearing on which Demon Lord may be the fallen form of which angel Digimon. I mean, hell, the Crown of Greed names Mammon, which is coincidently the name of a Digimon completely unrelated to the angel Digimon, the Demon Lords, or the demon itself.

Last edited:

shynely

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm not sure how naming Mammon makes it confusing, since he represents Greed in Binsfeld's list, which (as the Wikimon article points out), is the basis for the Seven as a group. He's certainly not "completely unrelated to the Demon Lord".

JungleTrooper

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm not sure how naming Mammon makes it confusing, since he represents Greed in Binsfeld's list, which (as the Wikimon article points out), is the basis for the Seven as a group. He's certainly not "completely unrelated to the Demon Lord".
Mammon is the name of Mammothmon (US dub). That's what he meant.

shynely

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ah.

My guess is that, considering Barbamon has been described as greedy since 2003, they probably always wanted a "Demon Lord of Greed", but stuck a different demon's name because they didn't want him sounding like the mammoth Digimon. Which, for whatever reason wasn't an issue when they designed the Crowns.

JungleTrooper

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ah.

My guess is that, considering Barbamon has been described as greedy since 2003, they probably always wanted a "Demon Lord of Greed", but stuck a different demon's name because they didn't want him sounding like the mammoth Digimon. Which, for whatever reason wasn't an issue when they designed the Crowns.
Lilith isn't the Demon symbolising the Deadly Sin of Lust, either. That honour goes to Asmodeus.

Digimon isn't so strict with the works of occultism/demonism (a lot of which isn't even depicted in canonical Biblical books, by the way).