Digimon Profile #15- The Three Great Angels and the Kernel

Taurus

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So now it's official, Ophanimon is a canon at tri.. This is proof to us that Ophanimon Falldown Mode is not a separate evolution as some have thought

Amandil7

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yay my favorite group of mons!

This slightly fleshes out the Kernel's role more and It's interesting and makes sense that they are replaced should they fall.

Adventure 2020 was such a missed opportunity to showcase the other Mega Angels. That flashback was amazing and with all the emphasis on the Holy Digimon, it would have been great.

Wonder if they'll ever give Dominimon a profile and artwork and fill in the missing Principalities Angel among the ranks.

shynely

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So now it's official, Ophanimon is a canon at tri.. This is proof to us that Ophanimon Falldown Mode is not a separate evolution as some have thought

What does this have to do with tri? This is the Ophanimon helping run the Digital World, not Hikari's partner.

JungleTrooper

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yay my favorite group of mons!

This slightly fleshes out the Kernel's role more and It's interesting and makes sense that they are replaced should they fall.

Adventure 2020 was such a missed opportunity to showcase the other Mega Angels. That flashback was amazing and with all the emphasis on the Holy Digimon, it would have been great.

Wonder if they'll ever give Dominimon a profile and artwork and fill in the missing Principalities Angel among the ranks.
Dominimon is indeed an odd case. I'd personally don't expect him, but who knows what happens.

Mynor

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Tarama

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, in ReArise it was stated that every Demon Lord in Digiworld was originally Angel digimon.

From what we all know now, three of 7 SGDLs was Angel digimon.

Personally I want Bandai to make a angelic/demonic themed Vpet. So that we can see the original form of the rest and also the digimon such Deathmon.
Hopefully in next Starter Deck (Mastemon) we can see few new angelic/demonic digimon. I'd love to see it.

Ragnalord

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I honestly don't think Bandai ever intended to give Cherubimon one of the Seven Great Demon Lords as a potential corrupted version. We would've had some sort of mention or otherwise.

Now you guys are just headcanoning.
This profile confirms that Cherubimon can turn into one, we are just theorizing to which one.

I think those are the 3 most interisting info we got from this profile:
The Kernel is rumored to be the place where all data in the digital world is computed. It's said if something goes wrong there, the digital world will collapse.
Information about the Kernel, good

Digimon rearise is going there I think based on the most recent chapter

The Chaos Entity

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
And where does that leave SlashAngemon and ClavisAngemon.
GuardiAngemon and ClavisAngemon are lower-ranked Angels.

There are nine ranks overall, most represented by a certain Digimon.

9 - Angels - Angemon/Piddomon/Darcmon etc
8 - Archangels - MagnaAngemon, Angewomon etc
7 - Principalities/Princes - None yet
6 - Powers - GuardiAngemon
5 - Virtues - ClavisAngemon
4 - Dominions - Dominimon
3 - Ophanim/Thrones - Ophanimon/Rasielmon
2 - Cherubim - Cherubimon
1 - Seraphim - Seraphimon

Each rank has their own duty, and as you ascend the ranks, the closer you get to god.

I honestly don't think Bandai ever intended to give Cherubimon one of the Seven Great Demon Lords as a potential corrupted version. We would've had some sort of mention or otherwise.

This profile confirms that Cherubimon can turn into one, we are just theorizing to which one.

I think those are the 3 most interisting info we got from this profile:
The Kernel is rumored to be the place where all data in the digital world is computed. It's said if something goes wrong there, the digital world will collapse.
Information about the Kernel, good

Digimon rearise is going there I think based on the most recent chapter
It is said Cherubimon will become a Demon Lord Digimon, not necessarily one of the SGDL. MaloMyotismon, Ghoulmon, Murmuxmon, and Bagramon are all Demon Lords as well.
That said, as TMS said, classically, Beelzebub is a fallen Cherub, so I think Beelzemon works if we need a frontrunner.

Last edited:

Mynor

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Like Demon it was originally a high-ranking Angel Digimon, but it fell to the Dark Area and is now one of the Demon Lord Digimon.
actually, I really think Cherubimon becomes Deathmon because its profile explicitly states that its origins are like Demon's who we know is a fallen Seraphimon.
Sure even Angewomon and HolyAngemon are considered high ranking so it doesn't have to be a great angel but Deathmon is a Mega level while they aren't. SlashAngemon, ClavisAngemon, and Dominimon are also high level since they are powers, virtues, and dominions so it could easily be them but I dunno it could be a match for Cherubimon.
Rasielmon already has a corrupted form but I wonder if it can go further into a Demon Lord or Demon Beast as well?

Ragnalord

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What about Mastemon?

I wonder what wad bagramon lol

The Chaos Entity

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What about Mastemon?
She still exists - she’s even headlining the one of the new starter decks - she’s just not one of the Three Great Angels.
Her tier would just be ‘Angel’ if we take her type at face-value.

Ragnalord

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

This profile confirms that Cherubimon can turn into one, we are just theorizing it.
It is said Cherubimon will become a Demon Lord Digimon, not necessarily one of the SGDL. MaloMyotismon, Ghoulmon, Murmuxmon, and Bagramon are all Demon Lords as well.
That said, as TMS said, classically, Beelzebub is a fallen Cherub, so I think Beelzemon works if we need a frontrunner.

Your right

Taurus

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

What does this have to do with tri? This is the Ophanimon helping run the Digital World, not Hikari's partner.
It's Ophanimon, whoever it is, mostly Falldown evolution is not separate

Xened

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Actually ReArise shows Lucemon's rebellion
wasn't Bagramon's rebellion over asking if Homeostasis could remove the natural combat instinct in Digimon to make peace easier to obtain and Homeostasis refusing? And that's why he wanted to recreate the world, because to him the beings considered God can just stop conflict but refuse to? Do we know what Lucemon's rebellion was about? I'm wondering if Lucemon also had an understandable reason

I heard Lucemon did this too in the XW manga. Wanted fighting instinct removed but was told no by Yggdrasil. I think Bagramon was just one of Lucemon's minions and Lucemon was the leader. If that wasn't the manga maybe it was one of the mobile card games.

In ReArise Lucemon rebelled cus he "realised he's as strong as God so wanted to rule the world instead of god". Guess the other three Demons agreed. Daemons profile also talks about reviving the "super ultimate Digimon who lead the rebellion" which is probably Lucemon Satan mode, since Lucemon SM is SU in recent games.

Actually ReArise shows Lucemon's rebellion. Lucemon, Lilithmon (Ophanimon), Daemon (Seraphimon), and Barbamon rebelled against God so now I think Cherubimon becomes Barbamon. Barbamon is also one that doesn't really have an established pre evo
Would wendigomon and andiramon(virus) work for barbamon?

No reason it can't in fact you could see Wendigomon being evil from loneliness is greed. Not getting enough attention...
It was novel of X , Chronicle X novel ver that came with artbook , not XW manga

Mattman324

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
?

Ofanimon Falldown is explicitly a separate form, that's like saying "Imperialdramon Dragon Mode is not a seperate evolution from Imperialdramon Fighter Mode confirmed". Now, for the purposes of a story or a video game it makes sense that you could have something evolve into one or the other, or different things evolve into either given thing, but to the franchise as a whole, it's just a fallen Ofanimon in the same way Cherubimon Vice is a fallen Cherubimon Virtue.
What about Mastemon?
Mastemon's probably acts more like a Chaosmon in the wild, in that after forming it starts un-forming pretty quickly since it's two opposed beings. That said, in terms of angel hierarchy I don't think it's anything more than generic because, you know, it's also a demon.

Sparrow Hawk

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I feel Mastemon is very special one. Unique existence and way rarer to exist unless if the war is at all eternity, she surely will exist there for sure. There are countless universes/parallel worlds and there will be one or maybe two of her since she is dimension traveler.

I think Raguelmon will count as the fallen one but... It clearly lacked dark green color as others. So I don't know what to say.

Obviously all low ranking angels will be just mindless fallen angels like DanDevimon or Murmukusmon if intelligent/sanity kept but with twisted mindsets. I guess?

Muur

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Daemons profile also talks about reviving the "super ultimate Digimon who lead the rebellion" which is probably Lucemon Satan mode, since Lucemon SM is SU in recent games.
That part of its profile existed since the Pendulum era, long before Lucemon even existed. It is specifically a reference to Daemon's debut appearance in V-Tamer, where the "Super Ultimate" in question is referring to Arkadimon, one of the few Digimon explicitly recognized as "Super Ultimate" (a given, considering it's the origin of Super Ultimate in the first place), outside of recent gameplay mechanics.

What rebellion did Arcadiamon lead against God though

Imperial

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I would like to say that since Frontier had shown BlackSeraphimon I was enamored by the idea that the falling of an angel was in two steps. That thought reemerged after watching Star Wars Episode III Revenge of the Sith. I feel a distinct difference between Anakin and his rage filled 2nd half of the movie and Vader.

When Anakin initially falls it's driven by emotion. Now seeing this line from the first post -
Forms taken by them when negative emotions sprout, swelling day by day and making them fall to darkness. Should they fall further, it's said they would become Demon Lords.

I love this idea. Even though BlackSeraphimon didn't fit the description as he was more Mercurymon in that instance, I did feel like Cherubimon did. My head canon as of reading this thread is that if Cherubimon won his final fight in Frontier he would've fallen further.

YongYoKyo

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Daemons profile also talks about reviving the "super ultimate Digimon who lead the rebellion" which is probably Lucemon Satan mode, since Lucemon SM is SU in recent games.
That part of its profile existed since the Pendulum era, long before Lucemon even existed. It is specifically a reference to Daemon's debut appearance in V-Tamer, where the "Super Ultimate" in question is referring to Arkadimon, one of the few Digimon explicitly recognized as "Super Ultimate" (a given, considering it's the origin of Super Ultimate in the first place), outside of recent gameplay mechanics.

What rebellion did Arcadiamon lead against God though
For one thing, the Digimon Encyclopedia - Digital World Research White Paper literally confirms that Arkadimon is the Super Ultimate in question. It also states that Arkadimon's existence was sealed away. There has to be a reason why it was sealed in the first place.

Arkadimon also had a significant role in Hackmon's storyline in Collectors. Arkadimon was a creation of Yggdrasil, which it purposefully released into the world in order to eventually summon Ogudomon.

KageX

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Actually ReArise shows Lucemon's rebellion
wasn't Bagramon's rebellion over asking if Homeostasis could remove the natural combat instinct in Digimon to make peace easier to obtain and Homeostasis refusing? And that's why he wanted to recreate the world, because to him the beings considered God can just stop conflict but refuse to? Do we know what Lucemon's rebellion was about? I'm wondering if Lucemon also had an understandable reason

I thought it was more that Homeostasis did nothing regarding both Prophecies and how Digimon had "lost" the Ability to Evolve as easily as they once were, making the Digital World "Static and Unchanging".

Either way the whole Milleniumon thing in the Xros Wars Manga was arguably Homeostasis's fault as it did nothing about the Prophecy and burned off half of Bagramon's body when he rebelled, instead of killing or sealing him which set the events that led to SkullKnightmon creating a Milleniumon with Bagramon's army as materials in motion.

But Homeostasis does get a pass for this as it was all a Stable Time Loop as shown at the end with Wizarmon, so how much Homeostasis could actually change things is up for debate.

Edit: Stable Time Loops make everything hard to judge morally and ethically and really question the whole "Free Will" thing.