Digimon Pendulum Z Info, Images, and Pre-Orders

e105zeta

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm more interested to know if Gusokumon's missiles and Sangomon's wind-up fish will get their own Digimon names. That used to be a recurring thing like with Fujitsumon, Amon, Umon, and ChibiKiwimon and KoDokugumon where minor symbiont Digimon got their own names and identities.. If they do use Chapumon, it might actually be fun if they make that toy clownfish Digimon the baby.

GoldenEXP

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Looking at the unlockables, its really easy to imagine a second wave of these

Agumon, Agnimon and Bond of Courage >>> Gabumon, Wolfmon and Bond of Friendship
Tailmon (NSp) >>> Patamon (VB)
Armadimon (DS) >>> Hawkmon (WG)
Wormmon (NSo) >>> V-mon (ME)

Samtheweebo

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well color me excited! I am super happy that they are returning to the original Digimon world continent concept. Also I'm happy to see that there are no X Digimon. I always saw X digimon as kind of unnecessary "edgy" redesigns with an interesting story. I always thought they should just make totally new Digimon and if they want to have a completely different design style, they could just make the new Digimon with the new style come from another new continent in the Digimon world. I always liked the design of File island and the folder continent. I am also excited to see new Digimon designs that also kind of fit with the older Digimon style. It may just be nostalgia and age, but I thought newer designs were just getting too complicated. I mean it's fine to cover the high level Digimon with swords and guns and stuff, but I like the Digimon being more animal like. I hope I'm not just falling for nostalgia pandering, I hope that younger fans also enjoy the simpler designs and enjoy these new devices. I want to order all three.

Dharakjoo

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Kimeramon and Marine Chimeramon are both combination of the Digimon as their components.

Tortoiseshel

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Interesting trivia facts about Chimera Digimons.

Gusokumon is confirmed as Isopod digimon. And I researched. It's related to shrimps and crabs. Good for Ganimon and Ebidramon.
But what's up with the insect legs in GranKuwagamon style?
Crustaceans and insects are both arthropods belonging to the clade Pancrustacea, so they have a lot of physical similarities, being so closely related. Isopods in particular are so similar in fact that one family, Armadillidiidae, is colloquially known as "pill bugs".

Metalgreymon7

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm going to wait for more info before I consider buying this. I like how the nightmare soldiers casing looks, but the few examples of its roster don't appeal to me. The new Nature Spirit Digimon look cool. But the rest are meh. That and I hate the color green.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Gusokumon is confirmed as Isopod digimon. And I researched. It's related to shrimps and crabs. Good for Ganimon and Ebidramon.
Crustaceans and insects are both arthropods belonging to the clade Pancrustacea, so they have a lot of physical similarities, being so closely related. Isopods in particular are so similar in fact that one family, Armadillidiidae, is colloquially known as "pill bugs".
Somebody said Armadimon is Deep Saver so I guess Ankylomon evolving to Gusokumon isn't such bad idea.

J The Fool

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh my god these new Digimon look so GOOD! Most of them feel like older Digimon in terms of design, and that's a style I've missed in recent mons. I hope this means more Digimon will follow that style in the future.

e105zeta

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Somebody said Armadimon is Deep Saver so I guess Ankylomon evolving to Gusokumon isn't such bad idea.
Like I said I think this time the unlockable eggs will just be added to the base evolution tree.

At the same time a lot of people want Armadimon and Hawkmon to get unique non Jogress Perfects and Ultimates like Wormmon eventually got and Vmon started out with.

Gomamon stealing Armadimon’s Ultimate has only made things worse, and it was already bad since Shakkomon was both extremely unpopular and more like Angemon than Ankylomon.

That being said I think Ankylomon evolving into aquatic Perfect and Ultimates are a valid direction to go in. Somethings like trilobites, sea urchins, horseshoe crabs, dunkleosteus, hallucinagenea, or euryptids could all work if they were consistent with Armadimon’s art style, but Gusokumon kind of isn’t so I doubt the connection is intended for now.

Nightwing

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Armadimon being in the Deep Savers device definitely has me anticipating Vikemon. I wouldn't be surprised if all the unlockable 02 Digimon routes were just going to be their standard lines. Wormmon might be a little out of place in NSo, but Tailmon's evolutions would probably be out of place in NSp, just like Shakkoumon would be out of place with DS, so it probably doesn't matter in the big picture.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Angewomon and Holydramon were in Pendulum 1.5, actually, and holy Digimon were classified as Nature cards in Digimon World: Digital Card Battle/Arena. Card Arena also had Wormmon (and all his evolutions but Coatlmon) as a Dark card, come to think of it.

e105zeta

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Armadimon being in the Deep Savers device definitely has me anticipating Vikemon. I wouldn't be surprised if all the unlockable 02 Digimon routes were just going to be their standard lines. Wormmon might be a little out of place in NSo, but Tailmon's evolutions would probably be out of place in NSp, just like Shakkoumon would be out of place with DS, so it probably doesn't matter in the big picture.
I’m certain Vikemon will be there but given that Holydramon is independent of Tailmon in Nature Spirits we might get some surprises at the end of these evolution lines. If the plan for the anime is the possibility of either a 02 reboot or movie in the next two years now would be the opportunity/time for new evolutions for Armadimon and Hawkmon.

If Metal Empire Z has Vmon and Virus Busters Z has Patamon it’d also mean the “Wormmon and Armadimon routes” would dead end at Adult without having even more pets which would mean they’re all kind of useless without all six.

Nightwing

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I’m certain Vikemon will be there but given that Holydramon is independent of Tailmon in Nature Spirits we might get some surprises at the end of these evolution lines. If the plan for the anime is the possibility of either a 02 reboot or movie in the next two years now would be the opportunity/time for new evolutions for Armadimon and Hawkmon.

If Metal Empire Z has Vmon and Virus Busters Z has Patamon it’d also mean the “Wormmon and Armadimon routes” would dead end at Adult without having even more pets which would mean they’re all kind of useless without all six.
Tailmon could just get Ophanimon or Mastemon (which was in the 20th version). Silphymon's line would go along with Hawkmon, just like Patamon would just get MagnaAngemon while Armadimon gets Shakkoumon. Wormmon could go with DinoBeemon and GranKuwagamon, while Veemon gets the usual line. None of these would "require" Digimon from other devices, Paildramon could work like a Jogress between Exveemon and any Virus Digimon, for example.

I mean, I'd love it if we got new Digimon instead, but I think it's just more likely to go with the existing lines.

Angewomon and Holydramon were in Pendulum 1.5, actually, and holy Digimon were classified as Nature cards in Digimon World: Digital Card Battle/Arena. Card Arena also had Wormmon (and all his evolutions but Coatlmon) as a Dark card, come to think of it.
So I guess some of the lines might be more fitting than I thought, we'll just have to wait and see what we get.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
a lot of people want Armadimon and Hawkmon to get unique non Jogress Perfects and Ultimates like Wormmon eventually got and Vmon started out with.

Gomamon stealing Armadimon’s Ultimate has only made things worse, and it was already bad since Shakkomon was both extremely unpopular and more like Angemon than Ankylomon.

That being said I think Ankylomon evolving into aquatic Perfect and Ultimates are a valid direction to go in. Somethings like trilobites, sea urchins, horseshoe crabs, dunkleosteus, hallucinagenea, or euryptids could all work if they were consistent with Armadimon’s art style, but Gusokumon kind of isn’t so I doubt the connection is intended for now.
Nah it's just armored creature evo line in random evo in my view but I agree with you, I seriously doubt it on Gusokumon's connection with Armadimon's evo. Although teacup claydoll into viking walrus warrior is pretty huge disconnected but the Norse trio of Ultimate levels were intended for 02 jogress. I think there are some impressive shelled creatures in the real life awaiting to be Armadimon's new evo line digitized hopefully.

Honestly Sea urchin and Dunkleosteus are good for Coelamon and Pukumon's evo. But "hallucinagenea"??

e105zeta

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I misspelled hallucigenia, it’s an armored sea slug from the Burgess Shale.

I think it’s kind of a stretch to call Imperialdramon Norse inspired.

RogueX4

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I’m curious about how they’ll implement the additional route Digimon and if there are any more secrets. Note they say: “More than 100 Digimon will be included...”.

I imagine this is between all three versions and so far we know each one will at least get 25 Digimon per main route. If this is consistently kept throughout all three, when you add all three routes we’ll get 75. We are missing 25+ to reach those 100+. If the new bonus lines (Tailmon, Armadimon, Wormon, Agumon, Agnimon) are just child, adult, perfect, and ultimate then well get 20 (4x5=20). Add in Agumon (Brave) 20+1=21. Then we add 75+21= 96 we are still missing 4+ more Digimon!

Last edited:

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Armored sea slug... That is sure alien bug.

Well... The way they designed Imperialdramon, Valkyrimon and Vikemon in old cards and that pattern. It can't be helped but to connect like some digimon fans pointed out at.

ita33

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
would you all predict these will come west in english at any point? or do you suspect a preorder from premium bandai will be our only chance?

RogueX4

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I’ve also been thinking could the ? after Baihumon be Huanglongmon or maybe rather instead a new upgraded form of Baihumon? A Baihumon Z?

Do we know what the Z stands for or why these Pendulums are called Pendulum Z? I’ve been trying to search for info but so far no luck.

YongYoKyo

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It is probably nothing as significant as a new plot element like the X-Antibody.

Based on everything that's been given, it's the same Folder Continent with nothing particularly different; it's just updated with all the newer Digimon as inhabitants. The Z, as the last letter of the alphabet, is probably just symbolizing a "finalized iteration" of the original setting, like Dragonball Z to Dragonball. It's also probably loosely referencing and playing off the success of the Digimon X with its similar name format.