Digimon Pendulum Z Info, Images, and Pre-Orders

e105zeta

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh hang on! Tobiumon is a flying fish, is Swimmon finally getting a proper "official" evolution??
I’m thinking it’s a link between Swimmon and Sirenmon since Sirenmon is a bird fish. Swimmon also has a birds beak since it as introduced to compliment Falcomon classic.

It’s so weird that we got regular Piranhmon after like 12 years since we got Metal Piranhnmon. Just like we still don’t have regular Troiamon, Megatheriumon, Irismon, Beetmon, or Sphinxmon.

(It’s also super weird the only Shark Digimon is Surfymon, which was fan created.)

Tarama

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Piranhimon and MetalPiranhimon are different Digimon. MetalPiranhimon is the X-Antibody Digimon while Piranhimon is the normal Digimon.
We still get a chance to see they are related in some evolution line.

MetalPiranhimon is an X Antibody digimon, that's right. But it is the natural carrier of X Antibody, not a species of MetalPiranhimon + X Antibody. We don't have MetalPiranhimon without X Antibody so far.
It's like SaberLeomon and DinoTigermon. DinoTigermon is a natural carrier of XAntibody and we don't have a non X DinoTigermon.
Other example is Grandkuwagamon and GrandisKuwagamon.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Piranhimon and MetalPiranhimon are different Digimon. MetalPiranhimon is the X-Antibody Digimon while Piranhimon is the normal Digimon.
....? Yeah? Obviously? And Piranhimon's level may be Adult or Perfect.

DigiGrader

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh man! I am really digging the new mons design!
Lately most of the new mons are just humanoid animals
These new mons are awesome!

I wonder why there are more mons in the deep saver family than the two others..

That aside.. I am rather disappointed that they decided to be separate this into 3 (potentially 6) versions
If this just function like old v-pet/pendulum, they can easily fit all 3 into one device like what they did with ver 20th.
I am hoping they add some amazing function like ver.X adventure or anything to make up for not including all 3 family line into one device.

Otherwise, it feels like tehy are just being greedy
I will pass and wait for them to combine these 3 version in ver. 30th

Lee_Bug

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ghosmon is has the spooky/cute balance pretty perfect! <3

e105zeta

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh man! I am really digging the new mons design!
Lately most of the new mons are just humanoid animals
These new mons are awesome!

I wonder why there are more mons in the deep saver family than the two others..
It looks like they are trying to have each pet include only Digimon that haven’t been in the normal pet sprite style before. So like Witchmon was in the large pixel style in Pendulum Progress but not the classic sprite style.

Pretty much all of the Deep Savers field except for Ranamon and Kamemon were already in the Deep Savers classic Pendulum, so they need a bunch of new ones to hit 25 for that pet.

e105zeta

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If I'm right in how they're designing things, then Metal Empire Z is going to get weird.

The only Child-level Machine Digimon released since the original Metal Empire have been Jazzamon and Commandramon. I guess you could argue that Xros Wars has a lot of potential Metal Children if they want to give them levels (Ballistamon, Monitamon, and Sparrowmon). Similarly, there haven't been a lot of Machine Adult-levels in a while. Tons of Perfect and Ultimates (since a lot of animal and human Digimon evolve into cyborgs) but very few new Adults.

Wind Guardians should be fine - they've got two Falcomon lines, Hyokomon, Tinkermon, and Lalamon to pick from if they want to re-use her. Probably unlockable Hawkmon as well.

Virus Busters could either go very bland (just anime bois like Gumdramon with no need for new Digimon) or very interesting (all in on Holy and Angel Digimon). The angel Digimon have a lot of fans, though, and in particular I want a Child-level Angel that's not Lucemon (so basically a "Pico Angemon") and for the Principality Angel to finally be introduced, and for Dominimon to become an official part of the franchise. If we're getting Keramon Holy Mode it'll probably be in this pet, too. Aside from them, there's also Labramon, Liollmon, Cutemon, and Kudamon,

Going back to Nightmare Soldiers Z for a moment - I totally didn't remember Renamon is ABSENT from every single re-launched V-Pet. Since Guilmon, Terriermon, and Impmon were all featured, I just assumed Renamon had been too! But nope - the only form she's had are the two X-antibodies. So I'm going to adjust my prediction and say that NSoZ is going to 100% have Renamon as it's standard heroic Digimon line like Gaomon was used for Nature Spirits Z. That, along with Ghosmon, would leave one spot to be filled with either Algomon Child or Dracumon. I would even go so far as to suggest that Relemon and Pokomon are probably the babies.

YongYoKyo

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Looks like Marine Chimeramon has Ikkakumon’s mane and possibly his horn, while having Zudomon’s tail. Nice nod to the original Chimeramon having parts from Greymon as well as both his evolutions.
That's not a furry tail. That's a bundle of tentacles, complete with octopus suction-cups. The first image shows a close-up of it.

MarineChimeramon seems to be composed of Ikkakumon's head (fur, ears, tusks, horn), Coelamon's helmet and front-legs (used as hind-legs), Octomon's horns and tentacles, Gesomon's tentacles, Hangyomon's right arm and harpoon, Ebidramon's left claw, Seadramon's body, and Rukamon's back-fins.

Edit: Now that I look back at it, it's basically made of all of the Adults (and Hangyomon) from the Pendulum ver.2.0/2.5 (Deep Savers)

Last edited:

Nightwing

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Really happy with the direction they're going with the Pendulum Z. Honestly, I wasn't expecting this at all, but just seeing all the new designs has me incredibly hyped. I was a little worried that Adventure: using mostly older Digimon (just, you know, in a better capacity) would leave us with very few new Digimon, but here were are with the Z!

The way they're going about designing these Digimon to feel like they could slide into various existing lines or get their own distinct ones is really cool. I'm sure people have noticed how distinctly "classic" they feel, but I've also seen people say they feel like Appmon, which all probably comes to the combination of the design direction going specifically monstrous and shiny. If the oldest Digimon designs from the late 90's were inspired by western comics of that time, these definitely feel 2020 comics-inspired if that makes sense. I guess that's PLEX for you, they've designed some of my favourite X-Antibody Digimon (and maybe more prior to that, I only started paying attention to the designers with the X series).

I kinda like every new Digimon on an aesthetic level, but my favourites are definitely Sunalizarmon, Piranimon, MarineChimeramon, and Regalecusmon. Might be some of my all-time favourite designs.

e105zeta

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Deep Savers Z Confirmed
Child
: Sangomon
Adult: Tobiumon, Hookmon
Perfect: Marine Chimeramon, Sirenmon
Ultimate: AncientMermaimon
??? (Likely either Perfect or Ultimate but can't tell where the split is): Gusokumon, Piranhimon, Regalecusmon

Possible Childs: Kamemon, Penmon, Swimmon
Possible Adults: Archelomon, Chakmon, Depthmon, Frogmon, Gawappamon, Mantaraymon, Orcamon, Ranamon, Seahomon, Submarimon, Tylomon
Possible Perfects: Blizzarmon, Calamaramon, CaptainHookmon, Mermaimon, Shawujinmon
Possible Ultimates: Ancient Megatheriumon, DaiPenmon, Deckerdramon, JumboGamemon, KingWhamon (if they want to make him official), Neptunemon, Olegmon, Splashmon, Suijinmon, Surfymon, Vikemon

Nightmare Soldiers Confirmed:
Child: Ghosmon
Adult: Algomon, Witchmon
Ultimate: Megidramon

Possible Childs: Algomon, Arkadimon, Dracumon, Goblimon, Keramon, Petit Mamon, Renamon
Possible Adults: Arkadimon, BlackTailmon, Boogeymon, Chrysalimon, DeadlyAxemon, Dobermon, Evilmon, Fangmon, FlaWizarmon, Gargomon, Kyuubimon, Mercurymon, Minotaurmon, Musyamon, Pipismon, Yaksamon, Youkomon, Sangloupmon, Shademon, SkullKnightmon
Possible Perfects: Algomon, Arkadimon, Bastemon, Cerberumon, DarkKnightmon, Doumon, Matadormon, Mephismon, Minotaurmon, Mistymon, Mummymon, Phelesmon, Serphirotmon, SkullSatamon, Taomon, Wisemon
Possible Ultimates: Algomon, Anubimon, Arkadimon, Ancient Sphinxmon, Ancient Wisemon, DeviTamamon, Gokumon, GranDracumon, Gulfmon, Kuzuhamon, NeoVamdemon, Pharaohmon, Plutomon, Sakuyamon, Zanbamon

Last edited:

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wow. Nice. New Digimon. This is very nice to see. Maybe a bit unexpected.

RogueX4

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This blew all of my expectations! What are these fabulous pendulums! I’ve got to read the report I need to know what the new lore and it’s implications are? I’m amazed with the new mons.

They give off some hardcore old school vibes but retain some of the X-antibody realism (or is that just me?). MarineChimeramon, Legalexmon, and Ghosmon look dope! I love that one of my least liked X Digimon MetalPiranimon got a non metal version and it looks amazing! Who’d have thought? And I wonder could Sunalizamon be related to both Flarerizamon lines, Cyclomon, or both?

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Looks like Marine Chimeramon has Ikkakumon’s mane and possibly his horn, while having Zudomon’s tail. Nice nod to the original Chimeramon having parts from Greymon as well as both his evolutions.
That's not a furry tail. That's a bundle of tentacles, complete with octopus suction-cups. The first image shows a close-up of it.

MarineChimeramon seems to be composed of Ikkakumon's head (fur, ears, tusks, horn), Coelamon's helmet and front-legs (used as hind-legs), Octomon's horns and tentacles, Gesomon's tentacles, Hangyomon's right arm and harpoon, Ebidramon's left claw, Seadramon's body, and Rukamon's back-fins.

Edit: Now that I look back at it, it's basically made of all of the Adults (and Hangyomon) from the Pendulum ver.2.0/2.5 (Deep Savers)
I saw the huge image of MarineChimeramon's mouth, he got Ikkakumon's black lips I don't know what it called but I guess MarineChimeramon's bottom jaw is Mammal while the top head may be the fish's.

Chimeramon got Greymon/MetalGreymon, Garurumon, Kabuterimon, and Angemon and MarineChimeramon got Ikkakumon.
Birdramon, Togemon and Tailmon are spared from this monsterous Chimeramon species in the experiment lol maybe it's not possible to make plant chimera digimon?

Lee_Bug

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

YongYoKyo

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Chimeramon got Greymon/MetalGreymon, Garurumon, Kabuterimon, and Angemon and MarineChimeramon got Ikkakumon.
Birdramon, Togemon and Tailmon are spared from this monsterous Chimeramon species in the experiment lol maybe it's not possible to make plant chimera digimon?
The Adventure partners probably have very little to do with Chimeramon's design-creation, outside of anime plot continuity.

While MarineChimeramon seems to be based on the original Pendulum ver.2.0/2.5, the original Chimeramon seems to be based on the original Digital Monster V-Pets. Coincidentally (or intentionally?), 4 of its components are from ver.1 and another 4 components are from ver.2 (though Monochromon and Kuwagamon are from ver.4).
Likewise, all 5 of Machinedramon's components are all present in each of the 5 versions (ver. 1's MetalGreymon, ver. 2's MetalMamemon, ver.3's Andromon, ver.4's Megadramon, ver.5's MetalTyranomon).

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Interesting trivia facts about Chimera Digimons.

Gusokumon is confirmed as Isopod digimon. And I researched. It's related to shrimps and crabs. Good for Ganimon and Ebidramon.
But what's up with the insect legs in GranKuwagamon style?