Digimon Pendulum Z Discussion

wildwing64

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
My Pen Z Deep Savers arrived today!

I didn't get the other two, so sadly can't unlock the Agumon lines the way you're supposed to. But me being me, I did the A&C demo mode trick and 'unlocked' Agumon that way. After resetting the device, there he was, and I could raise him! So I then backed him up.

Slots A & B were both filled by Botamon. "That's weird," I thought, "Botamon isn't supposed to be on this one." So I select the A slot, Botamon appears on screen, and immediately evolves into an invisible Digimon.

Nothingmon poops at an alarming rate, filling up the entire screen in moments. The stats are mostly glitched, and I can no longer swap it out for either Agumon or the other Botamon occupying Slot B.

So, what do I do now? Do I wait for Nothingmon to die or am I basically stuffed? 😅

humulos

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
@wildwing64 If I recall correctly when I experimented with that, it wasn't able to actually die, so you will unfortunately need to do a full reset to get things back to normal.

EDIT: Belay that, I did not recall correctly. I just tested and was able to kill it by leaving it sick for 6 hours. In other words, just leave it alone for a day without letting the clock reach 9PM so it stays awake, and it should die.

Nite

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hi guys, am kinda new here. Just wanna find out for the Pen Z wave 1, is it able to fulfill the unlocking requirements for Agumon line if let's say I connect it to Wave 2 Pen Z?

wildwing64

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Welcome, @Nite!

Unfortunately Bandai haven't advertised any cross compatibility like that, so we won't know for sure until the Pen Z IIs are out.

--

Update on the Nothingmon situation: it died, and so I hatched an egg. With Agumon technically raisable, I figured the newly hatched Upamon would evolve into Agumon if I met the requirements - but with all 4 effort hearts filled and with no care mistakes, I got Swimmon instead. I suspect it hasn't registered Agumon as being 'unlocked' despite it being shown as unlocked in the library.

Now waiting for the second Nothingmon to die, so I can hatch another egg. Will try resetting the device and loading my save to see if that solves the issue. Just to be on the safe side I wonder if I should try maxing Upamon's level to see if that makes any difference.

Nite

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Welcome, @Nite!

Unfortunately Bandai haven't advertised any cross compatibility like that, so we won't know for sure until the Pen Z IIs are out.

--

Update on the Nothingmon situation: it died, and so I hatched an egg. With Agumon technically raisable, I figured the newly hatched Upamon would evolve into Agumon if I met the requirements - but with all 4 effort hearts filled and with no care mistakes, I got Swimmon instead. I suspect it hasn't registered Agumon as being 'unlocked' despite it being shown as unlocked in the library.

Now waiting for the second Nothingmon to die, so I can hatch another egg. Will try resetting the device and loading my save to see if that solves the issue. Just to be on the safe side I wonder if I should try maxing Upamon's level to see if that makes any difference.
ah i see. Thanks 😊 fingers crossed hope it does!

humulos

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I can step in to dash some hopes and dreams @Nite @wildwing64, Wave II connections do not count towards unlocking the Agu/Agni routes unfortunately. I managed to test this by simulating the connections with my D-Com.

wildwing64

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Speaking of dashing hopes and dreams...

I reset the device, filled all the effort hearts and got the second Upamon to Level 3 - but it still evolved into Swimmon. So, until I either get myself one of those D-Com things or I happen to run into someone with the other two, this'll be my only shot at raising Agumon.

Good thing I know exactly what I want to raise him into. Kore ga oretachi no saigo no shinka da!

That aside: in spite of the smaller lineup compared to the Pendulum Ver.20th I think I like this one a bit more? The buttons are much more responsive and the shaking mechanic feels more refined and easier to use.

Last edited:

Nite

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I can step in to dash some hopes and dreams @Nite @wildwing64, Wave II connections do not count towards unlocking the Agu/Agni routes unfortunately. I managed to test this by simulating the connections with my D-Com.
man :/ that's kinda disappointing...oh well

Timkun55

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hi guys, just wondering if anyone has or knows of where I can get the cut-ins of a few specific 'mons? A video of it, or just a picture would be more than enough!
Since the DM20th, I've been making a visual checklist of the raiseable Digimon on each device, and since the X series, recreating the cut-ins myself, as they look awesome, and I want to use them!
I can usually get it done on my own, but as these guys don't appear in the colosseum and the devices need you to Jogres with the other Pendulum Zs that aren't out yet, I can't finish anything!
I need:

Valkyrimon
SlashAngemon
Paildramon
Imperialdramon: Fighter Mode
GranKuwagamon

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

ChaoCobo

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Someone mentioned you can cheat somehow and get Agumon. That’s fine and all, but I want Armadillomon. I’d there a way I can cheat to get him instead? If so, how?

RogueX4

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Just got my Wave I trio today!!! A bit sad that I have to wait for the Wave II trio. Still I’m really grateful to get these babies. I don’t know if I can be much help, due to my schedule, but I’ll be glad to be of any help.

A bit on the random side but has the Bandai Premium shop, USA store, shipped theirs yet? If so does anyone mind sharing the english pdf instructions?

Edit: Sorry I just learned that the Bandai Premium Shop USA ones haven’t launched yet.

Last edited:

Tetsuya Suoh

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Still waiting on mine. I had to go through an intermediary (well, really a reseller on ebay) and the last correspondence I got was them asking if the address they have on record is still correct and sending a link showing me the air parcel service out of Japan is suspended and that they'd notify me when it resumes. Plus side, I happened to have found 5 other people nearby who are huge Digimon fans and each want a different Pendulum Z, and are going to see if they can't find resellers that don't price gouge too badly. Though I may have to challenge one of them to a card battle to decide which of us gets VB, because I like Patamon and he likes, well, all the leader Digimon.

Also, not really about the device itself, but has anyone else noticed that the Folder Continent Report section of the Pendulum Z site no longer functions? Anyone know why that is? (Note: This only seems to be the case if accessed through the official Digimon portal site. Direct links, such as the one posted by OP still function properly)

Last edited:

Samtheweebo

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hey has anyone noticed that the meat gets eaten backwards on these? Like usually on other devices the meat would be eaten kind of from the top right to the bottom left I think, but in the z it starts being eaten from the bottom left to the top right. Just something odd I noticed. The vitamin is eaten normally, it's just the meat thats off

icymon

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hi all, I read Humulos guide (great work btw), one of the requirements to evolve is to jogress with Aquilamon. How is it possible to do that? I cant see where Aquilamon is being raised.

Also the jogress with Metal Garurumon and Imperialdramon are to be done using Pendulum 20th?

Someone mentioned you can cheat somehow and get Agumon. That’s fine and all, but I want Armadillomon. I’d there a way I can cheat to get him instead? If so, how?
Correct me if I am wrong, I think it works the same work as DMX, whereby A+C+Reset will allow you to pick a digimon. If not, you can experiment with other combos e.g. A+B+ reset.

Last edited:

humulos

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hi all, I read Humulos guide (great work btw), one of the requirements to evolve is to jogress with Aquilamon. How is it possible to do that? I cant see where Aquilamon is being raised.

Also the jogress with Metal Garurumon and Imperialdramon are to be done using Pendulum 20th?
The Pendulum Z II devices have Metal Garurumon, Magna Garurumon, Aquilamon, XV-mon and Angemon; so you are meant to get those devices to complete those Jogresses. If you have a D-Com (or A-Com), you can also send the code for those Digimon to your device directly without having to wait. The codes I manufactured for doing so are documented here: https://humulos.com/digimon/penz/digirom/

icymon

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Thank you Humulos.

How about Pen 20th with Pen Z, do they work for the jogress? Since there's Angemon, Metal Garurumon and Imperialdramon in silver blue.

icymon

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Nope, the PenZ can only Jogress with other PenZ devices
Ah that's a downer.

On a side note, is it normal that Nature Spirits sound is very soft? I have changed to Energizer batteries and its still the same. Deep savers is louder and my Nightmare soldiers is the loudest lol.

RogueX4

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I found a fun discovery! A sweet call back to the original Pendulums! I’m surprised I haven’t seen it mentioned online.

Back then while the Digitama was moving on screen, if you successfully shook your pendulum 100+ times it would give you a slight evolution percentage boost. As far as I remember it was hard confirmed for the original Pendulums. I’m not entirely sure if this trick did anything for the Pen Prog, Pen X, or Anniversary Pendulums; however I still shook them out of old habit. Always do.

Now here’s the thing: when I started my PenZ NSP I shook it over 100+. I waited a while and then started my PenZ DS. I got distracted and barely shook anything. (Heck I even had to readjust the clock, thankfully my Tsubumon stayed the same. Not a fan of time traveling or fast forwarding evos). Then I started my NSo I managed shake 72-74. Here’s the thing: I found EXP Boosters x3 on my NSP and NSO not on my DS PenZ.

So I believe if you shake at least 50+ times while the Digitama is moving you can start out with an EXP Booster x3. If not 50 you can count on 70+. I’m really glad they did this small callback.

Well so far I’m glad to report my Gaomon, Sangomon, and Ghostmon evolved into Baboongamon, Shellmon, and Witchmon. I haven’t looked up any spoilers so I’m excited to see who they’ll evolve into.

Nope, the PenZ can only Jogress with other PenZ devices
Ah that's a downer.

On a side note, is it normal that Nature Spirits sound is very soft? I have changed to Energizer batteries and its still the same. Deep savers is louder and my Nightmare soldiers is the loudest lol.
My three Pendulum Z sound the same, however my Deep Savers PenZ feels a bit heavier (the clicker). I do remember my Anniversary Pendulums having slightly different volumes though. Also my Black-Grey/Beelzebumon version felt heavier than my Blue-Grey/Dukemon ver.

Last edited: