Digimon Pendulum Z Discussion

Zeether

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I ended up splurging on the preorder for ZII, can't pass up an opportunity to have Locomon. Plus I like the freeze function better than the 20th's sleep mode...

Virus Cleaver

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It'd appear I'm not very good at shaking these things. :( Ah well, took a while to find the best technique for Pen20 as well and this probably shouldn't be too different.

But man, they're finally here! Currently hanging out with Upamon (who'll need to be neglected unfortunately) & Wanyamon. Very comfy. The shell design is really growing on me as well.

Conando

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Anyone have more recent experience with Playasia? Used it years back, so I ordered some Z1s during the preorder window.

Virus Cleaver

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So it turns out my penchant for Data mons led me to shake the bytes out of the Pen20 and so of course, I was shaking these new guys with WAY too much vigor. Glad that's sorted out. And I mean, I like the interactivity of the pendulum mechanic, but light shakes absolutely are a plus in my book.

While I'm here -- is there any particular kinda data for these that should be recorded? For like, guide making purposes I mean. Because so far at least I'm entirely on top of this and wouldn't mind sending stuff in if it helps.

EDIT: Found the spreadsheet thinger!
EDIT 2: I'm a dumdum and sent a request to edit the spreadsheet when comments would be enough. Apologies.

Last edited:

drtomoe123

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
My pre-order from Nin-Nin finally shipped on Monday so hopefully I’ll be able to join in on the fun by the end of the week. :)

darkfent

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ugh...I can't get to the office to receive my vpets...wfh did that for ya, even worse when your office still opens. On the bright side, they're already shipping the 2020 Adventure digivice. I expect them to arrive within this or the next week.

Virus Cleaver

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is easily my favorite device so far! Best sides of Pendulum & X, although the shaking mechanic seems a lil iffy. I mean, you can just rotate the device after the first shake and it'll immediately register another one. Has anyone else noticed this? The first time it happened was when I was putting the device down a lil early, while it was still waiting for shakes to register, and so it went from one to three in one motion. 😐 Golemon of Nature Spirits btw, in case it might matter.

And like, I've had this thing happen where I'll be shaking Deep Savers Z and I'm trying my best to always do it the same way, and sometimes poor Tobiumon just won't get the required amount of arrows filled up cuz it's like the device just stops registering your shakes. I'll have to experiment with this, of course, but so far I've only had it happen when 4/4 arrows are required; it'll get to 2/4 and go silent until the beeping signaling the actual end of the shakey shake window.

Basically, it'd seem to be bouncing between incredibly sensitive and entirely dead, although I readily admit the latter could be due to my technique.

Speaking of Tobiumon, I thought his bedtime was gonna be 22:00, but he was already nodding off when I checked up on him at 21:30. :C

Anyway! I really love the mix of new and old sprites & animations. Pretty much every roster for Z seemed like a really mixed bag at first, but it kinda clicked for me when I got to actually raising these mons. Deep Savers Z is pretty much perfect, though. Updated Yukidarumon looks glorious in battle!

EDIT: So it turns out I just have a really hard time shaking these like it's a porcelaine baby full of nitroglycerine. Can't believe how light the shakes gotta be. Anyway, yeah, I am dumdum once again. 😂

Last edited:

drtomoe123

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I was surprised with a Fedex delivery this afternoon even though I had gotten a text this morning saying it was scheduled for Friday...woohoo! Just booted my devices up and connected them for the unlocks...now to see who I can get! Anyone else feel a little underwhelmed with the boxes -- compared to the Ver20th boxes they're pretty bland! Still, maybe I just need a little more time to appreciate them...

Roy130390

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I was surprised with a Fedex delivery this afternoon even though I had gotten a text this morning saying it was scheduled for Friday...woohoo! Just booted my devices up and connected them for the unlocks...now to see who I can get! Anyone else feel a little underwhelmed with the boxes -- compared to the Ver20th boxes they're pretty bland! Still, maybe I just need a little more time to appreciate them...
The boxes look good in my opinion, however the lack of a proper manual disappoints me. I love having those booklets even though I don't need them. Pendulum Z as a device has been quite tame and boring in some ways, since it doesn't have anything special to it. It's just a combination of the features in the X series and a pendulum device. That doesn't mean it's bad by any means, specially if you don't have one of the x series, but it really doesn't have anything going for it to make it unique. Fortunately, the rosters are fun for the most part, which was what made it worth it for me (Regalecusmon became one of my favorite digimon). That and not having a pendulum version.

darkfent

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I connected ds and ns, ns got the most unlock somehow. Lolz the recode (record) is still there. The plastic somehow looks cheaper than the previous pendulums...ds looks plain, ns have beautiful buttons tho.

drtomoe123

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I compared the boxes to the Pen20ths and I think the shiny circuitry motif on those is what makes a big difference—the Zs just have solid colors so that’s why I think they look bland. I should give the manual a closer look!

Woke up to Gizamon -> KaratukiNumemon, Morphomon -> Gokimon, and Wormmon -> Witchmon. Figured I’d try to naturally evolve Witchmon so I went ahead and Jogressed the other two and got Piranimon and Orochimon. Since there’s no Jogress cooldown I went ahead and Jogressed those into Regalecusmon and AncientVolcamon. Very cool having two pretty nice Ultimates already! Guess I’ll start tackling the quest mode...

ChaoCobo

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I just started playing with my new friend. : D Tsubumon and Upamon are so KYOOT! I got the Deep Savers one, it just came from Buyee from Yahoo Auctions. Thanks again for telling me about Buyee, guys! Very few fees, the most expensive fee was DHL shipping.

I love this little guy. I’ve only had him an hour but if anything were to happen to him I’d cry and cry and cry. He’s so baby! :3!!

I love how the pendulum feels to shake too and how the arrows fill up to give a megahit! It feels SOLID, the click, and the feeling of the clack clack with the beeps filling up the arrows, it feels super nice! I love it! The shell also feels really solid too. It feels really well made to me. I think I might like it more than the 20th pendulums and definitely more than the 20th regulars. This thing is great! : D!!

edit: And there’s no stupid XAI counter! Finally! : D

edit2: Can anyone tell me what the names of the cute baby 2 level digimon you fight in area 2 as the first and second rounds? The first little guy looks like he’s just a tiny flame and the second guy looks like Nintendo’s Kirby lol. Another baby flame Digimon appears as the first round of area 4 if it helps.

edit3 because I’m hype: Gomamon made a cameo as the boss of area 3! My favorite best boi made the cut for this device even if he’s not obtainable! Best digiman got in! Hecc yess!! >:3!!!

Last edited:

darkfent

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So yeah I was just messing around with the Jogress...so it seems like it's not once per day/full energy anymore. So I just went from Baboongamon jogress with Shellmon, resulting in Machgaogamon and Gusokumon. Immediately after that I jogressed again, and now I have Holydramon and Ancientmermaimon.

Timkun55

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
edit2: Can anyone tell me what the names of the cute baby 2 level digimon you fight in area 2 as the first and second rounds? The first little guy looks like he’s just a tiny flame and the second guy looks like Nintendo’s Kirby lol. Another baby flame Digimon appears as the first round of area 4 if it helps.
They're PetiMeramon/DemiMeramon (Baby 2) and Gotsumon (Child/Rookie) :)