Digimon Pendulum Z Discussion

humulos

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
With the first wave of the Digimon Pendulum Z releasing next month, and the second wave finally revealed, it's about time we have a discussion thread in here! If you are behind on the general details, these links will get you caught up:

WTW Coverage:
Wave 1: https://withthewill.net/threads/digimon-pendulum-z-info-images-and-pre-orders.23789/
Wave 2 (including pre-order links): https://withthewill.net/threads/digimon-pendulum-z-2-info-images-and-pre-orders.24565/

Device Rosters:

In short, these have basically the same functionality of the Digital Monster X series, with 6 devices referencing the original Pendulum series. All known features can be found here: https://humulos.com/digimon/penz/preview/

What do you think of the devices so far? Are you pre-ordering any and if so, which ones? I personally am in love with the new Digimon being revealed, there are so many great additions!

Virus Cleaver

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
From wave 1, I preordered Deep Savers for myself and Nature Spirits for my brother. Although now it looks like I'm keeping both devices so might as well discuss it accordingly. As for wave 2, I've already preordered Wind Guardians and Virus Busters.

Very happy with water babbies old and new! Especially tickled by the inclusion of Gizamon and Hookmon (childhood favorites) + the new Virus mons. There'd seem to be a degree of intentional association between Hook & Pirani, and the latter has that kid's idea drawn by professional artist vibe I so love. Regalecusmon is straight up perfect; humanoid but not too human, distinctly tied to other Digimon without being cookie cutter, and looks like he means business without coming across ridiculous.

Nature Spirits has a similarly satisfying balance of pre-existing monsters and new additions. Sunarizamon might actually be my favorite out of the Child mons debuting in Z and while I do like Baboongamon & Gogmamon, I have no super strong feelings on their designs at this time. Gaomon is obviously the goodest of boys, Unimon is always nice to see, and Scorpio & Archne round it out with their creepy-crawliness.

Wind Guardians I'm still kinda torn over. Like, I'm not sure what I was expecting, but it ain't this. And I don't hate it, obviously, but am still sorting out my feelings regarding the lineup. Parrotmon deserves a million crackers for the long-running lack of representation and I'm ecstatic he's finally raisable. I thought Falcomon was a sure bet, but was kinda hoping it'd be OG Falco for Survive synergy. I like both, though, so it's not a huge deal. I'm not crazy about human-like Child mons, so Tinkermon's kind of a miss for me. Petermon I do like, however, so I guess it evens out. Pomumon is adorable and I mean, it's fruit disguised as birbo. That's clever, yes, thank you. Adult fruitsaur is cute as well and somewhat evocative of Hawkmon. Works for me. Toropiamon is great, wonderful mixture of plant & predator. Somebody here mentioned how the design feels like a callback to / reflection of Palmon & Lilimon, and this detail places it firmly among my favorite 2020 mons. Not too happy about Entomon being Perfect.

Virus Busters has my absolute favorite new design in Manticoremon. Yeah, he'll likely turn out to be another composite, but familiar features are employed in a way that had me squinting at the picture for some moments, wondering if this is, in fact, a composite. Beyond that, he appears decidedly monstrous, like a divine bloodhound of some sort. I'm hoping him & the adorably stern Baluchimon are indeed tied to Bakumon! Also, Mimicmon is genius and I'm personally glad to see Shoutmon here. Can't wait for full reveal!

The shell design is kinda hit or miss, IMO.

Roy130390

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don't know how to feel about this device. I love many of the new designs, but I already have an X2 and they are really similar feature-wise. I wanted Deep Savers but since it's no longer available I might go for Wind Guardians if I end up deciding to buy it because it also has a great roster and the device color is nice. I also like that they have the new Agumon and Gabumon evolutions, but the method to get them (if you need 3 devices of this new line) is stupid.

I'm a bit frustrated but I might end up getting it since it's a Pendulum model and I don't have one of those.

I know that I'm the only one to decide if it's worth it but I'd love to hear your reasons for buying or passing on it.

Last edited:

ChaoCobo

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
but the method to get them (if you need 3 devices of this new line) is stupid.
Have they mentioned if you can get the unlockable Digimon by connecting a wave 1 and wave 2 device? I only want a Deep Savers from the first line, but there’s one or two of the second wave pets that I might want, but I also really want Armadillomon on the deep savers. I shouldn’t be forced to buy a pet I don’t want of the wave 1 if I’m already buying 1 or more of the wave 2. That would only be logical to a greedy and money hungry company which I don’t really think of when I think of Bandai. There are 6 devices after all which leaves a lot of room for unlockables and I think they would’ve been nicer to us after the “connect to 5 unique tamer names” from the 20th. They absolutely shouldn’t repeat it— it would almost the same thing and I won’t think they’ll do it, but I’ve not gotten any confirmation if the wave 1 needs ONLY another wave 1 or not. :/

edit: I’m planning on paying eBay prices for a Deep Savers so it absolutely matters.

humulos

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
@ChaoCobo If you are wanting to buy a Deep Savers, keep a close eye on JapanYouWant starting on Monday. They should be getting stock of the Wave 1 devices and while they will mark it up, they may not mark it up as much as eBay sellers.. And no, they have yet to confirm any unlock capabilities between the waves, apart from the Jogress mons.

@Roy130390 I highly recommend that anyone who has V-Pets builds themselves a D-Com/A-Com. They only require a few basic parts to create (an Arduino Nano with USB, a breadboard, two breadboard wires and two resistors [3.9kΩ and 5.6kΩ]) and will let you mimic V-Pet connections to do things like unlock connection specific content. I have no actual electronics experience but still was able to make one.

ThatGuy

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Anyone know the actual release DATES for both Z1 and Z2???

ChaoCobo

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
@ChaoCobo If you are wanting to buy a Deep Savers, keep a close eye on JapanYouWant starting on Monday. They should be getting stock of the Wave 1 devices and while they will mark it up, they may not mark it up as much as eBay sellers.. And no, they have yet to confirm any unlock capabilities between the waves, apart from the Jogress mons.

@Roy130390 I highly recommend that anyone who has V-Pets builds themselves a D-Com/A-Com. They only require a few basic parts to create (an Arduino Nano with USB, a breadboard, two breadboard wires and two resistors [3.9kΩ and 5.6kΩ]) and will let you mimic V-Pet connections to do things like unlock connection specific content. I have no actual electronics experience but still was able to make one.
WOWOWOWOW thank you for telling me about JapanYouWant restocking them! I’m excited that I can get one! I’m gonna check the website every day starting Monday! : D!!!

And for the Dcom&Acom if I build it or buy one off a Digimans Discord server, how do I know it will be compatible with the Pendulum Z? What makes it compatible when we don’t know what the device will be like or what the programming will be like? I know it works with the 20th devices but how can we make it emulate 6 different versions of the Pendulum Z? I feel like it wouldn’t work but that’s only because I don’t know how they work.

EDIT: For anyone who is interested in the wave 2, you can get all 3 of them in a bundle for $110 from Premium Bandai USA! How wonderful!! : D!!! For some reason though you cannot buy them individually. How not wonderful. :c

@ThatGuy : Premium Bandai USA says the delivery date for the Wave 2 is in April 2021. That might be a little later than the Japan release date or it could be the same, I’m not sure. I hope this helps! : D!!

Last edited:

humulos

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
@ThatGuy Z1 will be released on November 16th

What makes it compatible when we don’t know what the device will be like or what the programming will be like?
@ChaoCobo What makes it compatible? We do ;) After I get mine, I will be able to start scanning codes and seeing how everything is arranged (thanks to BladeSabre's amazing pioneering work on deciphering Digimon connection codes). Version is very simple, it will just be 3 bits of data somewhere within 12 bytes of information, so we just need to isolate which 3 bits those are and presto! Even better is that the structure of the Digimon Pendulum Z will likely be very close to the Digital Monster X, so I don't expect it to take more than a few hours to have everything ready to go for Pendulum Z compatibility.

ChaoCobo

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
@humulos Hey so, JapanYouWant restocked the wave 1 but there’s a big problem. They’re only allowing orders of Nature Spirits and a 3 pet bundle. They won’t let me buy just the Deep Savers pet. ;~; Do you know where I could get a Deep Savers pet that is less expensive than eBay prices?

also in regards to the acom&dcom, are you saying that the device can be updated at any time? I thought it was just a circuit board that you connect your pet to. How does it update to use newer pets? Does it connect to the computer and there’s a program that you can set what pet you want it to be?

Loke

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
@humulos Hey so, JapanYouWant restocked the wave 1 but there’s a big problem. They’re only allowing orders of Nature Spirits and a 3 pet bundle. They won’t let me buy just the Deep Savers pet. ;~; Do you know where I could get a Deep Savers pet that is less expensive than eBay prices?

also in regards to the acom&dcom, are you saying that the device can be updated at any time? I thought it was just a circuit board that you connect your pet to. How does it update to use newer pets? Does it connect to the computer and there’s a program that you can set what pet you want it to be?
There's an app that goes with the a-com/d-com that they update after they figure out an the relevant codes.

SleepingSigma

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Does anyone have much experience with nippon-yasan? I preordered my deep savers from them way back but EMS is now no longer delivering to the US. I’ve had a customer service ticket regarding shipping open for like a month but no response.

humulos

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Amazon Japan, Buyee (search YJA [Yahoo Japan Auction] and Mercari specifically) and From Japan would all be good places to look. You'll need to search using the Japanese term: デジモンペンデュラムZ. Seeing some for around 5000 yen right now on YJA specifically. Also check JapanYouWant again, things change a lot there, and they appear to have four Deep Savers in stock as singles at this exact moment.

And yeah, the communicators just connect to a program which handles everything.

Loke

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I asked this in one of the news threads, but does anyone have any good guesses on where Lucemon Satan mode might be? I'm probably reading the roster's wrong, but it looks like the only one without a super mega accounted for seems to be virus busters, but considering how few villains there are in that device, doesn't seem likely.

humulos

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I asked this in one of the news threads, but does anyone have any good guesses on where Lucemon Satan mode might be? I'm probably reading the roster's wrong, but it looks like the only one without a super mega accounted for seems to be virus busters, but considering how few villains there are in that device, doesn't seem likely.
Actually just worked it out

WGu: Huanglongmon and Lucemon SM
Mem: Armagemon and Lucemon SM
VBu: Huanglongmon and Lucemon SM

This isn't confirmed, but I'd be very surprised if this isn't the case.

Loke

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Actually just worked it out

WGu: Huanglongmon and Lucemon SM
Mem: Armagemon and Lucemon SM
VBu: Huanglongmon and Lucemon SM

This isn't confirmed, but I'd be very surprised if this isn't the case.
You're an Omegamon among Numemons, Humulos. Thank you.

kitkatmreow

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I just got my devices! I ordered all three, but I started just Deep Savers for now. I've been messing around with it and I just really like it, so I wanted to share my thoughts about things that I don't believe have been mentioned before. (But maybe they have and I'm just blind.)

The count meter is different than I thought it would be. I thought it would be like filling up a meter, and it kinda is, but in a weird sort of way. From what I've seen, you have 3 arrows on the screen and each arrow you fill increases the attack power. It seems like each Digimon has a set number of shakes it takes to fill those arrows. I could be wrong though, I've only been messing with Upamon right now since I just turned it on like 30 minutes ago. It's not that I don't like the system, I actually really do, it's just not what I was expecting. Though maybe I just misunderstood what they meant by filling a meter.

Something I'm very happy about is that there's no little ball bearing inside the device that clacks around when you shake it. Shaking it is completely silent. I can't tell you how many times I just didn't want to play with my other pendulums because of that clacking sound, lol.

Overall it is indeed very similar to the Digimon X. If you like the Digimon X, but also love the novelty of shaking the device to power up your monsters (like I do!), this is a great device. And the new Digimon are all super great!

Last edited:

MisatoFromNERV

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I just got my devices! I ordered all three, but I started just Deep Savers for now. I've been messing around with it and I just really like it, so I wanted to share my thoughts about things that I don't believe have been mentioned before. (But maybe they have and I'm just blind.)

The count meter is different than I thought it would be. I thought it would be like filling up a meter, and it kinda is, but in a weird sort of way. From what I've seen, you have 3 arrows on the screen and each arrow you fill increases the attack power. It seems like each Digimon has a set number of shakes it takes to fill those arrows. I could be wrong though, I've only been messing with Upamon right now since I just turned it on like 30 minutes ago. It's not that I don't like the system, I actually really do, it's just not what I was expecting. Though maybe I just misunderstood what they meant by filling a meter.

Something I'm very happy about is that there's no little ball bearing inside the device that clacks around when you shake it. Shaking it is completely silent. I can't tell you how many times I just didn't want to play with my other pendulums because of that clacking sound, lol.

Overall it is indeed very similar to the Digimon X. If you like the Digimon X, but also love the novelty of shaking the device to power up your monsters (like I do!), this is a great device. And the new Digimon are all super great!
Yours isn't making any noise?? There's definitely a clacking noise haha.

This my first ever Pendulum, pretty excited to play it!

kitkatmreow

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh wow, that's so weird! It definitely wasn't making noise yesterday, but it totally is now! You've cursed me, hahah

dansplosion

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I may have missed it but I've not seen anyone comment on this. Going g into training it shows how many arrows you need for an excellent hit and closeup with your digimon. Its possibly based on type. So for example, my gizamon shows 1 arrow on the "ready" screen and shaking it up to 1 arrow gets an excellent and a close up

MisatoFromNERV

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh wow, that's so weird! It definitely wasn't making noise yesterday, but it totally is now! You've cursed me, hahah
Haha! So, turns out the clicking is just a bonus. You don't have to shake it hard enough to click and it still registers the accelerometer :)