Digimon Pendulum Z 2 Info, Images, and Pre-Orders

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

it's time for the Pendulum Z 2!

After they announced it, and gave a date for more info, we pretty much knew today would be the day!

There will be 3 types once again for these.

The types are Wind Guardians, Metal Empire, and Virus Busters.

Digimon Pendulum began in 1998. It was equipped with a pendulum sensor, and had the 'jogress' feature. The V-Pets were divided into 6 based on their habitat and attributes for those that existed at the time. The 3 new ones finish the new evolution of the original 6 Pendulums.

Pendulum returns with a new start as the Digimon Pendulum Z!

More than 100 Digimon are included, including new Digimon.

Some of the Digimon selection includes:
Wind Guardians- Petermon, Parrotmon, AncientIrismon
Metal Empire- Eosmon, MetalTyranomon, Gundramon
Virus Busters- Shoutmon, Darcmon, Qinglongmon

We also get previews of a stack of new Digimon!
Poomumon, Parasaumon, Tropiamon, Entomon
Junkmon, Machmon, Rebellimon
Baluchimon, Mimicmon, Manticoremon

Thanks to Devkyu and TMS for help with the names.

Connecting them will allow you to unlock evolution routes featuring Hawkmon, V-mon, and Patamon.
Connecting will also allow you to unlock a Gabumon route, Gabumon Bonds of Courage, and a Lobomon route.

Examples of how that works:
Example 1: If Wind Guardians is linked to 1 of the other 2, it gets Hawkmon route added, Metal Empire gets V-mon, and Virus Busters gest Paramon.
Example 2: If Wind Guardians is linked to both Metal Empire and Virus Busters, Gabumon and Lobomon routes are added to both, and they can be raised to Gabumon Bonds of Courage.

The Pendulum function returns!

And the setting is once again continuing the story of Folder Continent!

Pre-orders are open at Premium Bandai. Each Digimon Pendulum Z V-pet is 4,070 yen. Pre-orders close November 27th and they will ship in March.

Premium Bandai USA is selling them in a set of 3 for $110. Pre-orders close November 27th and they ship in April.

Update- Pre-orders are open.

The Z2 continues the design languages and themes from the first one, adding a number of new Digimon. Fans will no doubt be excited, but would probably be more excited if they already had the Z1s in hand.

More details to come!

If you need to order the ones from Japan...
You'll want to contact an intermediary to get these items sent to you. WtW is not affiliated with any, but here are a selection of intermediaries that have worked well for various WtWers and their friends in the past:
From Japan
Rider Proxy
Nippon-Yasan

The Bandai Premium store has also chosen to affiliate themselves/recommend a few potential shops to be used as intermediaries for non-Japanese buyers:
Buyee
From Japan (this From Japan link shows various items that they waive commission fees for.)
Samurai Buyer
DEJapan

You'll want to provide your chosen intermediary with the link to the item. Just copy paste the link to the product pages for what you want and send them a message about it and they'll take care of it after they discuss pricing and their policies with you. The links embedded in the news article for the products are exactly what you'll need to send them.

Some of the intermediaries have a full storefront and may have the item listed, so you may want to check that first.

Attachments

Last edited:

Krverde

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm so excited! I'm definitely getting Wind Guardians, Entmon and Tropiamon look amazing!

Rohan

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Noice.

Out of the new 'mons, I'd say Junkmon is my favourite.

Nightwing

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I’m so hype for more new Digimon, so many cool design ideas in this batch. I mean, a plant bird-dino line? Incredible lol.

Notus

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Really awesome batch of new Digimon! And the Virus Busters' ones are more eldritch than I expected, not that's a bad thing.

EDIT: Mimicmon, uhm... looks like we know how "chests" in future games are going to look like. X)

Last edited:

Baramonde

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I hate how they added shoutmon to the roster. But other than that, the digimon look really cool

Tortoiseshel

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh my GOD they all look AMAZING! I can't even pick a favorite new Digimon, they're all just so GOOD!! And they picked some good older Digimon for the roster, too. Parrotmon finally makes its virtual pet debut!

Wait, is Mimicmon based on those old cage Digimon toys? If so, that one's my favorite. What an incredible concept and design. I've had my own ideas for a Mimicmon design but I'm throwing it out right now, this one is Too Good.

Geode

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
How exciting I remember Sullbaluchimon but never there would a Baluchimon I wonder if its a champion.

Rohan

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Huh, I must have missed seeing Shoutmon there. If we've got XW Digimon becoming regulars of the V-Pets then that was probably yet another contributing factor as to why they needed official levels. :unsure:

Quinlan58

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If it were just up to the new digimon, I'd definitely pick the Wind Guardians one. Entomon is amazing.

Baluchimon kinda looks like an evolution of Bakumon. Manticoremon might be a chimera, given its name.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Poomumon is just PERFECT Child level for Ornismon! Finally another bird digimon but it's dino bird which made it much better!

Parasumon whoa I never knew we actually got a herbivore dinosaur! But this artwork felt more of it's fanart... To be honest green color is odd choice.

Tropiamon. I guess that is Perfect form of Parsumon? Is that banana dinosaur pokemon got digimonized or what?

Whoa Okay Entomon is freaking good! Maybe it's odd for Parasumon/Tropiamon to take dark evo.

Junkmon. The best one. Beaver digimon but with junk cannon and wheels!

Machmon is motorcycle? FAVORITE UP. DAMN I finally have a favorite for this Adult level!

Rebellimon is freaking inspired Mad Max movies! It's like having Ogremon riding it but got mutated instead.

Baluchimon...? Uhh a horse digimon I shall take it?

Mimicmon! Damn about the time. They finally got a mimic digimon and it's freaking savage like Piranimon!

Manticoremon whoa. I always wondered if we ever will have that Manicore chimera but to think we got two new chimera digimons! Weird he looked so much less "lion".

Their unique bodies are pretty much fun to look at!

YongYoKyo

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
These are some great designs. There was a pretty big lack of plant and machine Digimon, so this will solve that issue perfectly. Entomon is probably my favorite. It has that golem-aesthetic like Golemon and Gogmamon, but made out of wood. Based on its name (entomo-) and the various bugs around it, it seems like some sort of bug-controlling Digimon too.

I wasn't sure what they were going to do for Virus Busters, but I certainly wasn't expecting Mimicmon and Manticoremon. Mimicmon, in particular, seems like it's another iteration of those tiny Perfects like Giromon and Piximon.

Geode

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
My Z team is complete Sunarizamon, Sangomon, Ghostmon, Poomumon, Junkmon, and Baluchimon.

Deep Saver

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh wow! I love all of these. I think my favorite is Tropiamon, but I love every single one. These V-pets are offering some great design variety we have desperately needed for a long time.

It is cool to see a normal counterpart to Skull Baluchimon. I especially like that it actually looks like a baluchitherium, unlike the Skull version, which is admittedly justified since Skull Baluchimon is made of counterfeit fossil data.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Mimicmon's body have many different parts. A horn, one digimon's bunny ear (it's not bunny), two different colored arms, two different colored wings, and one bug leg sticking out. Counted as chimera digimon? No? But it's pretty fun if it could be pseudo chimera digimon.

So there are two evo lines: Junkmon to Rebellimon and Parasumon to Entomon? Not sure about Baluchimon, I feel like it's Bakumon in there... Just faint vibes. I know he got two Holy rings in his tail and that smoke even elegant armor.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm annoyed they seem to still be shoehorning Plant Digimon under Wind Guardians. That's why you made Jungle Troopers, Bandai.

I'm surprised they took this long to have a Mimicry Digimon. That should be interesting for future JRPGs. You think you have an item? nope! Mimicmon just punched you in the head.

Wild Xros Wars Digimon spotted. I hope he comes with Shoutmon > Shoutmon King > OmniShoutmon > Shoutmon DX. Dude has a tailor made full evolution line, so let's "fully establish" it.

I wonder if they'll localise "Poomumon" to something else for a dub.

Regular Baluchimon! like regular Piranimon it was about time.

I find the motorbike Digimon kinda amusing. Maybe they can evolve into Gabumon Kizuna in the future lol. And Maybe Beelzemon will ride one as a joke.

Oh and speaking of jokes/memes - Gundramon! everyone's favourite meme Digimon.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
These are some great designs. There was a pretty big lack of plant and machine Digimon, so this will solve that issue perfectly. Entomon is probably my favorite. It has that golem-aesthetic like Golemon and Gogmamon, but made out of wood. Based on its name (entomo-) and the various bugs around it, it seems like some sort of bug-controlling Digimon too.
Hmm Horsemen? No?

I'm disappointed we didn't get new Insect digimons but I will accept this Entomon since it's using spore bug thingies to attack. Decaying dragon digimon eh? Without "Dra".

RukasuStorm

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I loved them all, these new V-Pet designs are going great, I hope they keep doing that.

Also, I think Poomumon is "Pommemon"

spiralofvertigo

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Omg I love them all! So excited for these.

Virus Cleaver

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh no, I'm gonna have to get two right out the gate.

I really like the WGu line debuting here and its Ultimate reminds me of this storybook I couldn't get enough of as a kid. And Parrotmon did make it! This is beautiful.

On the bustin' side of things, man, the designs of Manticoremon and Mimicmon are downright perfect. Baluchi looks like the kinda mon who'd wanna tell you about how the land is facing great peril, and how you must find a way to defeat the dark lord. Glad to see Shoutmon too.

Damn, they really went ahead and put Gundramon in Metal Empire Strikes Back. New mons are gnarly & radical. Rebellimon reminds me of Immortan Joe. Might have to get this one, too, eventually.