Digimon Partners - Their personalities

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Do you think all digimon partners are a bit... Different from what you knew them?

Gabumon didn't go behind Yamato's back after saved Taichi and others or even Mimi rubbed off the dirt on his cheek because of his shy personality however he doesn't seem to be very shy.

Palmon doesn't mind serving Mimi... She felt more... Of servant butler.

Piyomon, it's hard to say but I guess she is surprisingly a bit shy and scared. The original Piyomon seemed to be very brave rather a bit reckless in action.

Gomamon is still same pretty much. Very supportive. Maybe... He lacked carefree personality I guess? I think I can point that out for sure...

Agumon isn't glutton or thickheaded. But only there is one difference. In this 2020, Agumon and Gabumon are the only ones that seemed to be so close to each others, bonded well unlike the original ones. I just realized Agumon and Gabumon barely interacted together even after Omegamon jogressed, not even in Tri or Kizuna but in Kizuna, their interactions only towards Taichi and Yamato in... Sync.

To be honest, Agumon's personality is hard to tell due to some certain main characters in other anime/manga happened to be very similar to this so I cannot point out very well...

Nothing to say about Tentomon but well he is the second one whose is hardest one to learn. Insect with no emotional face. HOW? At least the next episode will reveal more sides of him. Few lines isn't enough to learn. Needs more of him.

Digiforlife

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
at this stage we don't know much about those digimons' past so to see any differences in their personalities compare with original adventure but I believe we will get to see more of those digimon in the upcoming episodes. I'm actually really liking how they are different than the original since this is a whole different world to the original adventure...

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I’m also glad that the Digimon’s personalities, like the Chosen Children’s, are slightly different. It lends them a little bit of interest that they wouldn’t otherwise have.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
New series, some changes. It's very nice to see. Plus I figure a lot of us would be annoyed if they didn't change a bit.

e105zeta

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The original series really didn’t have personalities for Piyomon, Gabumon, and Palmon. They tended to simply echo whatever Yamato, Mimi, and Sora said or did.

Quinlan58

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
  • Agumon: Slightly more serious... which just about takes away his sole personality trait. Closest thing he has is the implication that he knows Gabumon. If he has a pseudo-philosophical conversation with a pseudo-clone later in the series he might be interesting.
  • Gabumon: Nothing much from him either, just not shy this time around so even less personality than before. Again, closest thing he has is the Agumon connection.
  • Piyomon: Again, not as excited as before.
  • Tentomon: More overtly emotional and more willing to tease Koushiro.
  • Palmon: Comfortable roleplaying as a butler for Mimi. Basically a better version of Gaomon from Savers.
  • Gomamon: Just about the same as before except treated more seriously by the narrative. Then again, he was perfect as he was before, so no problem.
So, Palmon and to a lesser degree Tentomon are better than before, Gomamon is his same perfect self from before, and Agumon, Gabumon and Piyomon have even less personality than before.

e105zeta

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Agumon kind of reminds me more of Zero than anything, except there's less jokes made at his expense which was the thing that made Zero funny.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think all of Tentomon's personality is pretty much observing dog. I mean, the dog just sit down or observing his owner working at computer/laptop. That's all I know him of.

Yeah that's pretty much of it.