Digimon NXEdgeStyle Survey Regarding Future of Figure Line, Choices from Every Anime

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
nxedgestylesurvey_november19_2021.jpg

With the 3 NXEdgeStyle figures returning as 'special color versions' the question had come up if that would be it for the line, and the answer is, maybe not...

As part of Tamashii Nation 2021 Online, Bandai is running a survey to see what future NXEdgeStyle figures people may be interested in if they were going to make them.

The survey allows people to choose up to 5 potential Digimon that might get an NXEdgeStyle figure, from a selection of popular characters from throughout the history of the franchise. The order, as listed is: (After in () is the branding the figure would be under.)

MetalGreymon (Adventure)
WereGarurumon (Adventure)
WarGreymon (Adventure)
MetalGarurumon (Adventure)
Mugendramon (Adventure)
Paildramon (Adventure 02)
Magnamon (Adventure 02)
Imperialdramon: Fighter Mode (Adventure 02)
SaintGargomon (Tamers)
Sakuyamon (Tamers)
KaiserGreymon (Frontier)
MagnaGarurumon (Frontier)
Susanoomon (Frontier)
WarGreymon X (X-Evolution)
MetalGarurumon X (X-Evolution)
Omegamon X (X-Evolution)
ShineGreymon (Savers)
ULForceV-dramon (Savers)
Shoutmon X7 (Xros Wars)
Gaiamon (Appmon)
Omegamon Alter-S (Adventure:)

A rather wide range of potential choices that covers a little bit of everything. Hopefully a good number of those get made.

Interestingly, Duftmon and RhodoKnightmon, who have pre-existing NXEdgeStyle designs that were used in Hacker's Memory, but never got figures, are not included in the list.

Previous details for the rereleases can be found here and here.

Attachments

• article.jpg
    article.jpg
    174.7 KB · Views: 7,820
Last edited:

Mattman324

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Interestingly, Duftmon and RhodoKnightmon, who have pre-existing NXEdgeStyle designs that were used in Hacker's Memory, but never got figures, are not included in the list.
Aww, was hoping it was finally time.
Gaiamon (Appmon)
Shit, no Globemon? But he was the best MC form from that season.

BlankShell

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
No Crusadermon? Bummer! Feels like a missed opportunity. Still, there's some cool stuff on that list; I'd probably lean Magnamon or Ulforce, just to keep the RK theme, although really most of those available choices are interesting.

Edit: Wait, Alter-S, gimme gimme.

Sparrow Hawk

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
*DROOLS* MetalGarurumon X with NX figure!!!

D O R U g o r a m o n

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
No Crusadermon? Bummer! Feels like a missed opportunity. Still, there's some cool stuff on that list; I'd probably lean Magnamon or Ulforce, just to keep the RK theme, although really most of those available choices are interesting.

Crusadermon NX was already a thing

YongYoKyo

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'd be interested in matching them with the DigiFes Card Premium Set, so four of my personal choices would be Imperialdramon, Susanoomon, ShineGreymon, and Shoutmon X7.

Other than that, Alter-S sounds cool too.

BlankShell

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

But not as a figure, as pointed out in the original post, hence why it feels like a missed opportunity; the design already exists (same with Leopardmon) so why not give it the opportunity to become a figure?

Tarama

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'd be interested in matching them with the DigiFes Card Premium Set, so four of my personal choices would be Imperialdramon, Susanoomon, ShineGreymon, and Shoutmon X7.

Other than that, Alter-S sounds cool too.
Yes. I'd love to see them all. I'm hoping that they also get the Ultimate Image figure with the same pose from Digifes Card Premium Set.

Actually, I'd love it if they make all of the list above into NXEdge Style.

shynely

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm a bit miffed how nearly every articulated figure line just dips into each show with like two characters without coming close to a complete main cast lineup, and this looks it's going to be more of that.

Ryudamon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

But not as a figure, as pointed out in the original post, hence why it feels like a missed opportunity; the design already exists (same with Leopardmon) so why not give it the opportunity to become a figure?
Crusadermon NX and Leopardmon NX are both in the Cyber Sleuth games. Why do they need a figure?

shynely

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Crusadermon NX and Leopardmon NX are both in the Cyber Sleuth games. Why do they need a figure?

Because having them in a game is not the same as having them as physical objects...?

This is such a strange question.

Ryudamon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Because having them in a game is not the same as having them as physical objects...?

This is such a strange question.
But look at all these new NX Digimon that will not have a game platform. I do not think they will update the Cyber Sleuth games these days.

Muur

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I feel like they should've released Leopardmon and Crusadermon NX first?

Chibi Machinedramon could be fun I guess.

Rohan

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Tried to go for the less obvious ones that would get figures like Susanoomon.

But that's a pretty decent line-up all things considered so I won't be mad who wins.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This could be fun. Let's vote for those which might not have a shot but would be interesting to see.

Tetsuya Suoh

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ulforce V-dramon from "Savers" riiiight, because he was totally a main character in that season, not like there's any other media where he has a bigger role, nope, no siree.

Joking side, still disappointed that we're mostly limited to the Leader and Lancer, but I guess I'd go with Ulforce, just to see how much it's really inspired by Savers.

Muur

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ulforce V-dramon from "Savers" riiiight, because he was totally a main character in that season, not like there's any other media where he has a bigger role, nope, no siree.

Joking side, still disappointed that we're mostly limited to the Leader and Lancer, but I guess I'd go with Ulforce, just to see how much it's really inspired by Savers.

Yeah how dare they erase VeeVee from Decode, Cyber Sleuth, Hacker's Memory, and Next Order like that.

Tarama

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
They are all the anime representatives. UlforceV-dramon is in Savers anime and he is popular. That's why he is from "Savers".

Tetsuya Suoh

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
They are all the anime representatives. UlforceV-dramon is in Savers anime and he is popular. That's why he is from "Savers".
His popularity didn't spring from Savers, that's for sure. Hell, I loved Savers and I barely remember what Ulforce did. He was only in, like, 3 episodes.
Im pretty sure this is just another example of the being cagey with V-Tamer, just like that figure a few years ago.