Digimon News Navigation (April 4th, 2020) Livesteam Updates

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Almost time!

Digimon News Navigation begins in roughly 30 minutes from the time of this post.

The livestream will have content related to Digimon Adventure: and the card game

The livestream will be on Youtube, niconico, and Line Live if you want to watch (and if they don't end up geolocking it.) It will also be on Periscope via the Digimon Web Twitter.

The guest lineup is Chiaki Matsuzawa as the host, Agumon (voiced by Chika Sakamoto), and Yuko Sanpei (voice of Taichi in Adventure:). They also recently announce comedy duo Cocolo as taking part.

We'll update with details as we get them, with big announcements also getting their own threads.

Updates to come...

Everything below here are updates added throughout the stream.

Nothing interesting news wise so far, but the most interesting thing, there are full English subtitles on the Youtube stream.

Some general images.

It's kind of crazy the English audience showing up for the livestreams since tri. began has been large enough they had a full set of English subtitles ready for this.

The primary news so far is some interesting details for the Digivice:

As teased, it 'is' in fact a fusion between Digivice LCD games and a CSA Digivice.

The promo image lists mentions the Digivice has evolved with the Digivice: to have scenario and system elements tailored to the anime. Evolution and battle scenes will appear on the screen along with multicolored LED and voices.

The 'D Button' Project will be the 'virtual' V-Pet announced previously. Areas in Japan with compatible broadcast features will have 26 minutes a week during the show to raise a Digimon.

Kohei Goto from the card game division of Bandai came out to help do an extended introduction of the card game.

Hideyoshi and Cody from Fun Digica also came out to show how the card game works.

I'll let someone far more knowledgeable about the card game comment on if we are getting new info, or if this is similar to what they did on Fun Digica 5 ('throws a pack of cards at Touya to make him appear')

They wonder what 'green' Digimon might appear in the booster and Chiaki Matsuzawa comments on Numemon and Betamon, as they are both green.

One of the members of Cocolo begins to muse on what future colors will appear and comments on pink, black, and rainbow cards.

After going over the card game they went over some quick details for the show again and said goodbye. It was also noted how Chiaki Matsuzawa and Yuko Sanpei couldn't see each other during this if they tried because Agumon was large.

Attachments

Last edited:

SuperStarlite

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It seems the mooks that Agumon's been shown fighting are variants of Argomon. Did we already learn that?

SparkGold

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I do wish there was more new details on things or something new revealed but it was all information we knew previously besides the digivice information but it would have been nice if they showed what the Digivice: or TV Digivice looked like when functioning. No new details on Adventure: really but that's more okay because it's debuting tomorrow and the card game felt like it had the worst of no new information, I would have liked if they discussed even vague details of what their design philosophy will be for the green deck

Sarabande__

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This navi was shit. The one before it was way better. Dissapointed

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The Digimon raising thing during the show seems interesting... I really hope that it will end up well documented since it's not something non-japanese fans have much of a chance of experiencing directly.
And in general it's an interesting approach to things, since the whole v-pet part of the franchisw was generally not too heavily connected to the anime (besides the XW minis), so I wonder how much of an V-et audience they hope to "convert" from the casual anime audience.

Also, I don't think too much in-depth card game stuff was to be expected, they have their own separate videos for that after all. But the mention of all those future colors (not sure how serious some of them are) makes me optimistic that they are really trying to push this as a real long term tcg.

It seems the mooks that Agumon's been shown fighting are variants of Argomon. Did we already learn that?
Yes, about 2 weeks ago: https://withthewill.net/threads/alg...-adventure-trailer-details-from-v-jump.23228/
What exactly were you expecting besides a 45 minute ads? The really big things to announce are not something they would hide until a day before airing the show, and they don't want to go into too much detail about the existing products, as to not spoil the fun I guess. So just a general round up was kind of the safe thing to do.

icomeanon6

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I didn't realize it was actually called the "Digivice:", lol. Who wants to start calling the kids the "DigiDestined:"?

SAI

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Digi Navi going over compiled updates revealed online and in magazines previously has been the trend in the previous Digi Navis so I'm not surprised. It's not that bad of an idea either because there's probably a good chunk of the fan base that's casual fans that don't hunt the internet and magazines to read about Digimon news. Most people like to watch rather then read things So this event is actually a really good idea to alert the more casual fans.

I would however release just a little more " never before released " news to cater to the more avid side of the fan base that's like us and keeps on top of Digimon news regularly.

The biggest thing I'm happy about is hearing that this Digi Navi show had English subtitles. Which is a clear sign the foreign audience for Digimon
must really be growing again which is awesome to hear.

The TV V-pet thing is interesting. I didn't think of it but ya, It could be a method to getting more people interested in V-pets..but a part of me says it's just something fun they planned without any higher thought behind it. Bandai loves to throw Digimov V-pet throwbacks and imagery around that have no superior end plan. Like recently the Digimon Parade and the live stairs event which had colorized Pendulum style LCD Digimon which currently have nothing to do with any current Digivice/ V-pet products. If it was the plan to convert people into V-pets I would of had it be some sort of tie in to the new Digivice: or their next V-pet if they do plan on releasing one in the future. Rather than it being a Ver. 1 throwback.

Ironically though , even if Bandai didn't plan it maybe it will spark some new V-pet interest for some people.

adha.aiman

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
With the show titled "Digimon Adventure:" and their devices called "Digivice:", I wonder if sometime after the show starts airing they'd add something after the colons? If not I'd permanently refer to this anime as "Adventure 2020" or "Adventure Colon" lol

Sarabande__

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The Digimon raising thing during the show seems interesting... I really hope that it will end up well documented since it's not something non-japanese fans have much of a chance of experiencing directly.
And in general it's an interesting approach to things, since the whole v-pet part of the franchisw was generally not too heavily connected to the anime (besides the XW minis), so I wonder how much of an V-et audience they hope to "convert" from the casual anime audience.

Also, I don't think too much in-depth card game stuff was to be expected, they have their own separate videos for that after all. But the mention of all those future colors (not sure how serious some of them are) makes me optimistic that they are really trying to push this as a real long term tcg.

Yes, about 2 weeks ago: https://withthewill.net/threads/alg...-adventure-trailer-details-from-v-jump.23228/
What exactly were you expecting besides a 45 minute ads? The really big things to announce are not something they would hide until a day before airing the show, and they don't want to go into too much detail about the existing products, as to not spoil the fun I guess. So just a general round up was kind of the safe thing to do.
I get what your saying but I was really hoping they would reveal more. They revealed nothing it wasn't even worth watching.

Ryudamon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I get what your saying but I was really hoping they would reveal more. They revealed nothing it wasn't even worth watching.
I myself is glad they did not show more. I want to be surprise.

Sarabande__

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I myself is glad they did not show more. I want to be surprise.
Not spoilers or anything like that but little stuff that I find important. But my dream was a release date for survive but they didn't even touch survive.

Vande

V-Tamer Vande
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Not spoilers or anything like that but little stuff that I find important. But my dream was a release date for survive but they didn't even touch survive.
Well: https://withthewill.net/threads/diginavi-on-april-4th-plus-youtube-show-for-digimon-card-game.23245/ "This time the DigiNavi special will cover mostly information about Digimon Adventure: before it begins the next day, along with some information about the new Digimon Card Game before it's official release date of April 24th."

It wasn't like we already didn't know what it would cover. So there is no reason to be an ass about it on here when it was in the original news thread what they were going over.