Digimon Neo - New Bandai Asia release

Stryke107

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Mine should be coming soon enough... I'm going to just keep a little journal-esque report of what's going on.

WarOmnimon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That mention of a journal reminds me to ask a question - whoever gets their Neo first, can they please scan the instruction manual and post it? Hopefully we can get some answers to many of our questions like that. Please and thank you. :)

Spino

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I got my 2 Neo's yesterday and didn't have time to do anything with them. Started today and it gives me huge feeling of nostalgia. The Neo is kinda like the season 1 digivices. It even has those bars that go cross the screen like in the old Season one anime.
This digivice plays sideways so those buttons on the bottom are actually supposed to be vertically downwards on the digivice. See pics below if you don't understand what I mean.

- So far, you can pick from Agumon, Gabumon, Patamon Tentomon and Gomemon. I chose Agumon. Gabumon joined me in about 3000 steps.
- You don't feed or take care of it in anyway other than treating it for illness.
- The battle isn't dependent on shaking. It is a power bar and you need to push the middle button when the bar is filled. You have a time limit and if you don't push something by then, it gives you a weak attack.
- My Agumon has digivolved to Metalgreymon but i'm not sure how. You can digivolve during or after battles. I was battling against Shellmon with Greymon and my Greymon suddenly digivolved into Metalgreymon and I whooped Shellmon.
- Haven't seen any items yet.
- The chances of getting attacked randomly aren't that high for me. It took 500 steps to get 1 battle and like another 750 for the next.

Those who are wondering bout the cards, they seem to be plastic. Not the paperish kind that the old Digimon cards are made of.

For those that want to connect and battle, the connectors on these are not the same as those on a Pen X or IC.

K so heres the instructions and a couple pics. If they're too big, then I'll just put a link to them.

For those that can't read the instructions, I uploaded the same picture to megaupload. It should be better when you open it up on a program and zoom in.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=04GBWBIJ

dan_the_digi_man

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=Airdra link=topic=13473.msg171482#msg171482 date=1260328575]
Evolving up and down the line? Oh, no, it's another Cycle. XD Picking the starter looks interesting, but I hope it doesn't go and lock itself into an anime-only line like the Data Links (or any other given Bandai America Digivice) did.
[/quote]

did any one notice that it is in a pendulum cycle case? i dusted mine off when i saw the pictures, and the casing is the same.

WarOmnimon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Thanks for the instruction scan. This confirms that we've got a quest based Digivice on our hands and not a v-pet. :p

Wait... Do I see Guilmon in one of the screenshots under the Connect section of the instructions? Yes I do! That confirms that this is a "best of" release, and that rocks on so many levels. :) Be sure to keep us posted, Spino - I can't wait to see if there are any characters that haven't appeared on a quest based Digivice before.

Spino

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Agumon -> Greymon-> Metalgreymon-> Wargreymon-> Omnimon
Gabumon -> Garurumon-> Weregarurumon-> MetalGarurumon-> Omnimon
Tentomon -> Kabuterimon-> Megakabuterimon-> HerculesKabuterimon -> Raidenmon
Gomamon -> Ikkakumon-> Zudomon -> Vikemon -> Plesiomon
Patamon -> Angemon-> MagnaAngemon -> Valkyrimon -> Seraphimon

Item-wise: You can get these by walking. A maximum of 3 of the same item in your inventory at a time.
Digivolve 1/2/3 = Digivolve your active partner 1/2/3 times. (Can only get Digivolve 3 by beating a boss without taking a hit)
Idaten Speeder = Increases the amount of steps per shake from 1 to 5. (Effect ends when an attacked or when you find an item)
Power Shifter 1/2 = ? (Haven't tested)
Life Recovery = Heals you're digimon.
Over Power = Shoots out the strongest attack possible. Deals massive damage. Single use only.

You can use one Digimon throughout the game and your other digimon will digivolve too. ie. I use Wargreymon and my others have digivolved to their Ultimates

To accept a digimon as your partner, your screen will be speckled and you'll see a starter digimon underneath. All you need to do is hit the middle button I think.

Confirmed enemies:
Demidevimon, Centaurimon, Unimon, Shellmon, Tapirmon, Nanimon, Veggiemon, Monzaemon, Crabmon, Floramon, Meramon, SkullMeramon, Phantomon, Candlemon, Cherrymon, Woodmon, Veggiemon, Chuumon, Sukamon, Numemon, Kunemon, Flymon, ShellNumemon, Pumpkinmon, Dokugumon, Bakemon, Devidramon, Mojyamon, Monzaemon, WaruMonzaemon, Knightmon, Digitamamon, Frigimon, Otamamon, Garbagemon, Mushroomon, Gotsumon, Monochromon, Scorpiomon, Pukumon, MarineDevimon, DarkTyrannomon, Gesomon, MegaSeadramon, Divermon, Airdramon, Megadramon, Mammathmon, SkullMammothmon, Syakomon, Octomon, Boltmon, AeroVeedramon, Veedramon, LadyDevimon, Metaletemon.

Boss: A-1 = Devimon
A-2 = Etemon (will digivolve to Metaletemon after being hit. Will de-digivolve back to Etemon after enough damage has been inflicted on it. Will gain more HP)
A-3 = Myotismon (will digivolve to VenomMyotismon after being hit. Will de-digivolve back to Myotismon after enough damage has been inflicted on it. Gains more HP when it Digivolves)
A-4 = ShogunGekomon
A-5 = Puppetmon
A-6 = MetalSeadramon
A-7 = Machinedramon
A-8 = Piedmon Second Boss (Occurs right after beating Piedmon) = Apocalymon

The game shows you the ending video and then restarts at A-1. Not sure of the changes though.

Updated
Updated v2
Updated v3
Updated V4 Thanks huk1164 for Raidenmon
Updated v5 Area 4 boss = ShogunGekomon, added more enemy digimon. Garbagemon, Mushroomon, Gotsumon, Monochromon.
Updated v6 Area 5 boss = Puppetmon. New enemy, Blossomon. Cleaned up this post and got rid of unnecessary info.
Updated v7 Area 6 boss = MetalSeadramon. Added a couple more digimon to the new enemy list.
Updated v8 Area 7 boss = Machinedramon.
Updated v9 Area 8 boss = Piedmon Final Boss = Apocalymon

Zanji

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
ok than it's nothing for me :) i just like V-Pets

:(

WarOmnimon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Nice recap of the game so far. I would say that after the entire map (All areas) is cleared, the surprise that Co-Co Magazine was referring to will take effect. I'm going to go on a limb and guess that it will advance to the next season of the anime (Clear Adventure's map and you go to Adventure 02, then Tamers, and so on and so forth). If that's the surprise, I'm all for it, it would be a true "best of" release that way, and would explain Guilmon in the manual as well as Savers Agumon and GeoGreymon on the box. :)

Anyway, the Chinese forum I went to did say in one post that the Area 3 boss is Venom Vamdemon (VenomMyotismon) if the machine translation was any indication. And I find it interesting that Gomamon goes to Vikemon instead of Plesiomon at Ultimate (Mega), considering that's also Armadimon's (Armadillomon) Ultimate.

Anyway, about Tentomon's Ultimate - if you can post a photo, I'll probably be able to identify if it's Heracles Kabuterimon (HerculesKabuterimon) or another Digimon. It could be Tyrant Kabuterimon due to his appearance on the V2 Mini. :p

Spino

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=WarOmnimon link=topic=13473.msg172150#msg172150 date=1261151403]
Anyway, about Tentomon's Ultimate - if you can post a photo, I'll probably be able to identify if it's Heracles Kabuterimon (HerculesKabuterimon) or another Digimon. It could be Tyrant Kabuterimon due to his appearance on the V2 Mini. :p
[/quote]

the reason i put the ? is because I don't know yet. I only got him to Megakabuterimon so a little longer and maybe I'll get it. I assumed that since the digimon follow the anime so closely that it will be Herculesabuterimon. If so, then Patamon will be MagnaAngemon and then Seraphimon but that's still speculation till i get there.

If this does go through all seasons of Digimon, it'll be the best $20 I ever spent. So far, love it.

BTW, Etemon is like guaranteed to digivolve to Metaletemon after the first shot hits him. I fought him on 2 separate Neos and on both occasions, I digivolved to Omnimon and he digivolved into Metaletemon and de-deigivolved after a round or 2 of getting his ass handed to him.

The timing on the bar is pretty easy. When you shoot, you're ball will hit the enemies. Whichever is stronger, will continue on and the person who shot the weaker ball will get a chance to fire another one. If the new ball is bigger than the opposing ball, then the new ball takes over and the opposing character fires their own new ball. This goes on until someone messes up and makes a smaller ball than the opposing one. They will be hit. The bigger the ball, the larger the damage.

If you get hit and survive, you return to the menu. There you can choose to re-attack with the same digimon, swap out for another, use an item, or run. Winner is the one who reduces the other's HP to 0.

Love this battle system cause it requires more skill than counting to 19-23. It's fairly easy but its really addicting.

WarOmnimon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'd suppose Tentomon goes to Heracles myself - I'm only speculating due to the monkey wrench that was Zudomon evolving to Vikemon. Usually, it's Zudomon to Plesiomon in the WonderSwan games and whatnot. :p

And Etemon evolves to MetalEtemon on the first hit? Ouch. At least I've mastered the D-Gather's battle system enough so that the timing should be no problem for me when my Neo arrives. :)

Spino

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=WarOmnimon link=topic=13473.msg172173#msg172173 date=1261180005]
I'd suppose Tentomon goes to Heracles myself - I'm only speculating due to the monkey wrench that was Zudomon evolving to Vikemon. Usually, it's Zudomon to Plesiomon in the WonderSwan games and whatnot. :p[/quote]

I bet you they picked Vikemon over Plesio just cause it looks similar to the others in the Gomamon line. Hell, before I really looked at him, I still thought he was Zudomon. Then I noticed a spiked ball and his hammer was missing.

[quote author=WarOmnimon link=topic=13473.msg172173#msg172173 date=1261180005]
And Etemon evolves to MetalEtemon on the first hit? Ouch. At least I've mastered the D-Gather's battle system enough so that the timing should be no problem for me when my Neo arrives. :)
[/quote]

Meh, it's surprisingly easy to beat him. Takes 3-4 good hits with a Mega level. Wargreymon and Metalgarurumon would have won in 4 if they didn't digivolve to Omnimon. And Omnimon would have dispatched him in 3 easy. Besides, as tough as it sounds with him digivolving, it's not. He's as soft as a pillow and you will struggle more fighting Devimon with an Ultimate than you would fighting Metaletemon.

Update - Angemon did turn into MagnaAngemon
Update 2 - MagnaAngemon digivolved but it's surprisingly not Seraphimon. It's Valkyrimon. Not the best pic, but you should be able to get the idea.
Update 3 - Ok, I see what they did. They made the 5th evolution Seraphimon. After Valkyrimon, it will digivolve into Seraphimon. Weird but true.

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff169/Turteyz/Valkyrimon.jpg

WarOmnimon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=Spino link=topic=13473.msg172188#msg172188 date=1261199054]
Update 3 - Ok, I see what they did. They made the 5th evolution Seraphimon. After Valkyrimon, it will digivolve into Seraphimon. Weird but true.
[/quote]

Ah, so they went with a D-Gather like evolution here. I remember that Patamon goes to Seraphimon as a Mode Change rather than a standard Ultimate on the D-Gather, usually from Pharaohmon and after quite a few training battles with Prince Mamemon as the Mode Change. The Neo seems to have some of the unpredictability of the D-Gather as far as that goes, and that's a good thing. I'm surprised they locked in a particular line here unlike the D-Gather, though - the Neo would have been perfect for the non-linear evolutions. :)

(Note to self - Work on updating the D-Gather growth chart I started more often. :p )

Spino

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
New Update

- Confirmed Gomamon line to 5th digivolution (Zudomon->Plesiomon)
- Tentomon line complete too but need help identifying the final one. (Megakabuterimon->HerculesKabuterimon->(some weird looking guy)). Please help me name him.

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff169/Turteyz/UnknownDigimon.jpg

- Confirmed that area 3 boss is indeed Myotismon. He will digivolve to VenomMyotismon and de-digivolve back to Myotismon when you hit him down enough.
-Confirmed that you will de-digivolve when your Digivolve points go to 0

DarkTamer Steph

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Could be RhinoKabuterimon, or AncientBeetmon..

I almost think it could be Bolgmon, but it seems off..

AtomicGreymon

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=Spino link=topic=13473.msg172228#msg172228 date=1261251522]
(some weird looking guy)). Please help me name him.
[/quote]

lol, that looks kind of like Kokatorimon jogressed with SaintGargomon.

Stryke107

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Mine came! Huzzah... Loaded it up with Gabumon, and things are going pretty well. It seems really fun, as of yet...

huk1164

Banned
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=Spino link=topic=13473.msg172228#msg172228 date=1261251522]
New Update

- Confirmed Gomamon line to 5th digivolution (Zudomon->Plesiomon)
- Tentomon line complete too but need help identifying the final one. (Megakabuterimon->HerculesKabuterimon->(some weird looking guy)). Please help me name him.

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff169/Turteyz/UnknownDigimon.jpg

- Confirmed that area 3 boss is indeed Myotismon. He will digivolve to VenomMyotismon and de-digivolve back to Myotismon when you hit him down enough.
-Confirmed that you will de-digivolve when your Digivolve points go to 0
[/quote]
It's Raidenmon! He was in digimon world 3. He's the jorgess between Fujinmon and Suijinmon.

WarOmnimon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That's definitely Raidenmon! His sprite looks much nicer and detailed than it did on the D-Spirit 2, nice to see him as an obtainable character on the Neo. His appearance is a huge bonus in my book - now I know for sure that I'm starting with Tentomon. :)

Spino

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=huk1164 link=topic=13473.msg172239#msg172239 date=1261259560]
It's Raidenmon! He was in digimon world 3. He's the jorgess between Fujinmon and Suijinmon.
[/quote]

Oh true! Never really finished that game and this guy has like no relation to a bug type digimon like Tentomon so I guess that's why it was so hard.

Updated again

huk1164

Banned
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=Spino link=topic=13473.msg172241#msg172241 date=1261259922]
Oh true! Never really finished that game and this guy has like no relation to a bug type digimon like Tentomon so I guess that's why it was so hard.

Updated again
[/quote]
No problem. Any other digimon that need identifying, just let me know.