Digimon Neo - New Bandai Asia release

Airdra

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I figure I'll see how I like the first one before I buy a second unit, heh. They seem as though they'll be plentiful enough for a while, so I'm not super worried.

Stryke107

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Mm, yeah. I tend to think that Bandai Asia does a good job, both with presentation and with the quality of the product
(Outside of, say, the durability of the D-Cyber.)

pinoytamerz

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=Vande link=topic=13473.msg171432#msg171432 date=1260303439]
Anyone who buys who doesn't want their cards that come with it, donations my way ;p
[/quote]

Sure ;D. But first i have to get some money for this one after buying umi tamagotch & Pen 3.0.

Question does any one of you guys have a battle junction machines in arcade ???

Spino

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
K so i read the scans that WarOmnimon put up.

Somethings I read were:
- Digivolving - You can either go up or go down the line depending on if you fulfill the digivolve requirements in time. It will beep or something and you need to reach the requirements else you go down an evolution. Succeed and it goes up in the line.

- Quest/Journeying - Sounds like it'll play like the old D-1 Digivice where you walk around and count steps till boss while killing others on the way. Go from Boss to Boss.

- Battle - Apparently, this will not use a shaking or number pushing system. No 21 shakes/pushes for Terra Attack. Instead, this will use a power bar and you will need to press a button to stop it at max or close to max to get a stronger attack.

- Starter -You can pick your own starter(? not sure) Other Digimon will try to join your team when you journey(? not sure again)

The cards you see there are apparently limited to the digivices only so you can't get it any other way than buying it with the digivice.

My Chinese is pretty limited and bad so I can't fully confirm the accuracy of these. If anyone who can read it wants to check with this, then please do so and fix up my mistakes.

BTW, I have a friend in HK that keeps me up to date with random stuff. This Digivice came out only a day or two ago. The cost there is around $135 HK or $18 CAD. Some are less at $13 CAD. 4 colours available, Orange case/Black buttons, Blue case/Blue buttons, Blue case/Black buttons, Black case/Red buttons. Since it's so new, there's no worries about it going OOS on ebay for like months.

WarOmnimon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That sounds like a D-Gather with an actual story / map, especially the battle system. The D-Gather also had the same "press the button at the meter's max" concept. I like the sound of things on this one already, hopefully the reverse evolution won't be as annoying as I've heard it is on the Pendulum Cycles. Considering it's only a one level reverse at a time, it shouldn't be too bad.

This does sound like a quest based Digivice with v-pet elements that a lot of us have been hoping for that Bandai America attempted - and in many books failed - with the Data Link and the Mega Burst. Hopefully, Bandai Asia gets it right. :)

eonwarrior

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So, this is Version 1 of this new Pet, right? I hope Version 2 holds... ahem... more Guilty Pleasures.

Airdra

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Evolving up and down the line? Oh, no, it's another Cycle. XD Picking the starter looks interesting, but I hope it doesn't go and lock itself into an anime-only line like the Data Links (or any other given Bandai America Digivice) did.

Spino

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well my Chinese isn't exactly great so my interpretation might be off. Since I'm so bad at Chinese, you might want to take what I said with a grain of salt. We'll see how close I am when someone gets it.

Zanji

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
hopefully this IS a V-Pet and not a normal Digivice... dunno but i don't like the "shake me until the boss comes up and i battle it" think with no feeding, cleaning and stuff :-/

Yark

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I kinda just went all crazy when I saw this on Ebay. I ordered mine today(Got the orange one), so here's hoping it's not a failure like the Pendulum Cycle. Already looks better, so great news there.
Nice to see a different way to battle this go around.

Zanji

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
woha.... i just checked the Bandai Asia HP :-/ well it's almost impossible to contact them and ask them questions regarding the Neo :-/

NightClaw-X

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Adding to this.

[quote author=Spino link=topic=13473.msg171472#msg171472 date=1260322980]
K so i read the scans that WarOmnimon put up.

Somethings I read were:
- Digivolving - You can either go up or go down the line depending on if you fulfill the digivolve requirements in time.To get the requirements needed to Digivolve, you either need to battle or use tools/items. It will beep or something and you need to reach the requirements else you go down an evolution. Succeed and it goes up in the line.

From second scan top left.
greymon happy pic
greymon with flash pic
agumon lying down pic

Literal translation of a sentence: Once evolution starts, a timer(?) will start, if the requirements to evolve to the next line are not met in time or lose to an opponent, Digimon will go through downgrade and have to get the requirements needed all over again.

Simply put:

Fresh Digimon(just started out or just evolved)
|
|
|
Timer(?) + Digivolution Requirement -----------------------------
| | |
| YES NO or LOSE BATTLE
| | |
| DIGIVOLVE De-DIGIVOLVE(maybe?)
| |
--------------Start over ----------

Question is does the evolving start off with a rookie>digivolving to champion>failed>rookie or champion>digivolving to ultimate>failed>rookie ?
Based on past digivices, they usually don't show a picture of the next evolution if digivolving failed. Not sure if it's the same as Pendulum Cycles as I don't own one.

It's the last 2 pictures which confuses me.
greymon evolving>failed>goes back to agumon?

- Quest/Journeying - Pendulum Shake to Walk system. Sounds like it'll play like the old D-1 Digivice where you walk around and count steps till boss while killing others on the way. Go from Boss to Boss.There will be a surprise after completing a map.(not stated, asks you to get it if you want to find out what it is)

- Tools/Items - Enemy Digimons that you defeat may drop tools/items. (Maybe that coin looking thing with an "I" in it is a tool/item)

- Battle - Apparently, this will not use a shaking or number pushing system. No 21 shakes/pushes for Terra Attack. Instead, this will use a power bar and you will need to press a button to stop it at max or close to max to get a stronger attack. While battling, your attack will get bigger and bigger.(Just some indication that attacks are getting stronger and stronger as you battle)

- Starter -You can pick your own starter.The bottom left pictures on the first scan are the starters: Agumon, Gabumon, Tentomon, Gomamon and Patamon. You may also find tools(items?) and other Digimon that will join your party when you journey

The cards you see there are apparently limited to the digivices only so you can't get it any other way than buying it with the digivice.

My Chinese is pretty limited and bad so I can't fully confirm the accuracy of these. If anyone who can read it wants to check with this, then please do so and fix up my mistakes.

BTW, I have a friend in HK that keeps me up to date with random stuff. This Digivice came out only a day or two ago. The cost there is around $135 HK or $18 CAD. Some are less at $13 CAD. 4 colours available, Orange case/Black buttons, Blue case/Blue buttons, Blue case/Black buttons, Black case/Red buttons. Since it's so new, there's no worries about it going OOS on ebay for like months.
[/quote]

WarOmnimon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Thanks for the further translation, NightClaw. This definitely sounds like it will be different, hopefully the surprises for clearing the maps are some Digimon that haven't been in a v-pet or quest-based Digivice before. I'm looking at you two, PawnChessmon and Kamemon! :p

Imperialdramon Paladin Mode would be nice too, considering we all know his Digi-Digits cause that "error tease" on the V2 D-Tector and no one has seemed to be able to find him on that one. I don't recall any Digivice released anywhere that allows Imperialdramon PM to be used in connect battles, to be honest...

Zanji

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
"Once evolution starts, a timer(?) will start, if the requirements to evolve to the next line are not met in time or lose to an opponent, Digimon will go through downgrade and have to get the requirements needed all over again."

i think the same is written in the manual of the Cycle...

hm it sounds more than a digivice than a v-pet :( too bad

Paruseruru mafubu

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Zanji

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
so does anyone received it's neo!? any comments how gameplay is?? is it more a digivice or a real v-pet?

KonDaLion

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=Zanji link=topic=13473.msg171954#msg171954 date=1260894017]
so does anyone received it's neo!? any comments how gameplay is?? is it more a digivice or a real v-pet?
[/quote]
I hope they reach soon, and I hope they're more like v-pets <3
What I REALLY want to know is if there's gonna be a v2...with Guilmon and Gaomon(this is supposed to be like a twin,right?) I didn't see 'em in the listing. :(

eonwarrior

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
[quote author=MegaloFlaDramon link=topic=13473.msg171971#msg171971 date=1260924179]
I hope they reach soon, and I hope they're more like v-pets <3
What I REALLY want to know is if there's gonna be a v2...with Guilmon and Gaomon(this is supposed to be like a twin,right?) I didn't see 'em in the listing. :(
[/quote]Do want this too!! Hehe...

latinvixen

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ordered on via ebay. I really hope this one is worth it. I was un impressed with the cycles before, but only time will tell. Should be doing a quick review once I get it :).

WarOmnimon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
My Digimon Neo has been ordered, so I should be getting it within the next week or two. Like latinvixen, I'll be writing a review when it arrives. I've already got my battle plan set up so to speak - I'm starting with Agumon and will try for Omegamon. It's time to get the Renamon on my D-Gather prepped - Here comes a new challenger! :p