Digimon Movie Blu-ray Box Packaging and Donations

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Thanks to artwork finally being provided to webstores we finally have images for the packaging beyond the front cover for the Digimon Movies Blu-ray boxset.

Image Thumbnail

Also, since a few people have asked, I don't have the funds to get the box this time to scan the artwork and take screenshots like I did for the old Digimon DVD boxes. I have it pre-ordered at a good price in case that changes. If you'd like to donate to help WtW get a copy of this set and the Adventure set, please do, as I honestly believe at this point I'll be cancelling the orders as I don't believe I'll have the funds when the sets come out.

Thoughts on how the packaging and art looks?

Sparrow Hawk

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So colorful! Black disc, look like it's a bonus disc includes both racing 3-D movies?
What's up with "1999-2006" disc?

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So colorful! Black disc, look like it's a bonus disc includes both racing 3-D movies?
That's the other bonus disc, a CD with the soundtrack of Bokura no War Game.
...and looks like they just chose the most flashy colors they could think of, I wouldn't say they all fir I mean when I think of the tamers movie I don't really think of pink.

oh and I also hope that they are packing some other special features onto this discs there should be more than enough space since the films are pretty short anyway...

Last edited:

MagicBox

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I suspect that's the soundtrack CD for "Our War Game," which is being included in this release.

Very cool packaging. I've already got this and the Adventure TV blu-ray pre-ordered. Hopefully we'll get the final artwork for the Adventure box soon.

FranGP

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don't know Japanese so I can only give my opinion about the artwork... I love it! I can't afford buying it -and I wouldn't understand a thing, unless it included subtitles-, but I will be jelly of those who do so. It looks like a fine piece for a collector.

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don't know Japanese so I can only give my opinion about the artwork... I love it! I can't afford buying it -and I wouldn't understand a thing, unless it included subtitles-, but I will be jelly of those who do so. It looks like a fine piece for a collector.
I think some of us have seen those movies so many times with subtitles that the entire scripts are pretty much saved in the brain already...
It's also kind of interesting how the main design of the box seems specifically based on the visuals of the second movie, probably because it's the most iconic of them.

Rurik

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That looks incredible. Too bad I could never afford it. I'm putting my order in for the Digivice Ver15 today and I already preordered All-star Rumble.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Also, because I have more than a few spares... if you donate to help WtW get a set you will get a digital code for a movie, tv show, or game (permanent owned copies.) I imagine I have more codes than people who will donate, so there should be enough for anyone who gets involved.

Still kind of a shame that X-Evolution was left out.

X-Evolution makes sense being left out in that it isn't 'technically' a movie. Moreso when you realize the production committee is likely wildly different than the ones for the theatrical films (we really need a Blu-ray for that one though, as I imagine it'll look fantastic.)

MagicBox

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The Toei store has the tracklisting for the soundtrack CD. There are ten tracks.

“ボレロ (’99春 東映アニメフェア使用バージョン)”
“Boléro (’99 Haru Toei Anime Fair Shiyō Version)”
“Boléro (’99 Spring Toei Anime Fair Version)”

“Butter-Fly (TV サイズ)”
“Butter-Fly (TV Size)”

“頼もしい仲間達”
“Tanomoshii Nakama-Tachi”
“Reliable Friends”

“混乱 (シリアス)”
“Konran (Serious)”
“Confusion (Serious)”

“出撃!!”
“Shutsugeki!!”
“Sortie!!”

“静かな不安”
“Shizuka Na Fuan”
“Quiet Anxiety”

“不利な戦い”
“Furi Na Tatakai”
“A Disadvantageous Fight”

“奇跡”
“Kiseki”
“A Miracle”

“レクイエム”
“Requiem”

“作品 No. 2 「春」 イ長調 ~ぼくらのウォーゲーム!~ (劇場サイズ)”
“Sakuhin No. 2 「Haru」 Ichōchō ~Bokura No War Game!~ (Gekijō Size)”
“Opus No. 2 「Spring」 In A Major ~Our War Game!~ (Theatre Size)”

Nothing we haven't already gotten on past soundtracks, which was expected. One day I hope we get a soundtrack for the Frontier film. This release would have been a perfect chance for that.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That looks like a nice box set. I have no money to help though. But it does look nice.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That looks like a nice box set. I have no money to help though. But it does look nice.

If you don't have money to help there's nothing to worry about, I'm just asking if people CAN help to please help. At the end of the day it's the thought that counts, and I appreciate the sentiment regardless if you can help or not.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'd help a lot of things if I had the money. But thanks. You're welcome.

Sparrow Hawk

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I can donate but my money is for that digimon game, it's almost coming at Nov 12...
This news just arrived at bad timing. :/

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
A few people who aren't members have expressed that they want to donate but that the donate button (since it's tied into the forum system) wouldn't let them donate.

If you want to donate manually via Paypal you can send it to godofchaos@gmail.com

If you want to donate via some other method feel free to email me.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I've further received a message that expressed some confusion at what I meant by digital codes.

The codes are not for Digimon content, but rather extra films, games, and a TV show or two. It seemed like I have them, and if people are going to put their money towards the site getting a set, I could offer up one of the few extra assets I have as a thank you.

I hope the last few posts clears things up, but if not feel free to get in touch with me, either via the thread, a PM, email, the chatroom, or however you feel comfortable asking.