Digimon Mentions in Toei Fiscal Year (Ending in March 2022) Report- Numbers Up For Digimon

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
toeiir_may13_2022.png

A few Digimon mentions in a new Toei fiscal report. This covers the fiscal year from April 1st, 2021 through March 31st, 2022.

They note that their copyright business is up 13.8% from the prior fiscal year. Digimon Adventure overseas sales (outside of Japan) is one of the items noted as having strong sales and merchandising rights were mentioned again in another section regarding large growth. Digimon Adventure sales in North America were specifically mentioned as being strong.

Not much of note in the calendar.

Survive is listed once again, this time with July as the release as we know.

Under the app section there is a mention of New Century doing well in China, and how it ranked number 1 in the 1st month of it's distribution and it's been near the top of sales rankings since then. This is functionally the same thing mentioned last time.

This, and related financial documents show that continuing the general trend we've seen in the last few of these, the brand is doing well, and is a major part of business for Toei. Licensing for the brand outside of Japan even has it outpacing various other franchises in those segments that tend to do well for Toei such as Sailor Moon for example. (The prior part of this small section is functionally a copy paste, as it generally applies.) One thing of note, Digimon overseas licensing is nearly double licensing in Japan for Pretty Cure and Sailor Moon combined.

Attachments

• toeiir_may13_2022.jpg
    toeiir_may13_2022.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 7,470

Kitsune_NBG

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ok, but where is ghost game?

Digiforlife

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
looks like overseas market will carry Digimon from now on...

Rohan

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ok, but where is ghost game?
Ghost Game is only mentioned once that I can find, with the note that it started broadcasting in October. Maybe they don't have enough data yet to say if the show is doing well overall in terms of ratings or merchandise since the report only goes up to the end of March.

Muur

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Dang these are some crazy numbers. And it'll get even better with Survive finally coming after 10,000 years and a dub of the reboot

TheImpster

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Dang these are some crazy numbers. And it'll get even better with Survive finally coming after 10,000 years and a dub of the reboot
I'm skeptical about Survive's success. Unfortunately way too many people have started dismissing it because of the VN aspect and it's coming out at the same time as Xenoblade Chronicles 3, which is currently a much bigger name than Digimon. Let's hope it at least sells decent.

Ultimamon

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Given how dreadful Toei's handling of Crystal/Eternal has been, this doesn't come as too much of a surprise.

VamAngemon

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
No mention about VBs?

WoolishlyGrim

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm skeptical about Survive's success. Unfortunately way too many people have started dismissing it because of the VN aspect and it's coming out at the same time as Xenoblade Chronicles 3, which is currently a much bigger name than Digimon. Let's hope it at least sells decent.

I think it'll do well with the caveat of 'it'll do well ... with Digimon fans.' I've never really gotten the impression that Digimon games draw in a lot of players who aren't already fans even on a good day.