Digimon Mentions in Toei Fiscal Quarter 2 (Ending in September) 2021 Report, Ghost Game & Product Sales Outside of Japan Mentioned

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
toeiir_october25_2021.png

A few Digimon mentions in a new Toei fiscal report. This covers the second quarter of their current financial year. The document lists April to September, but April appears to be a typo for July (likely left in from putting it together from the 1st quarter equivalent, which began in April.)

They note that their copyright business is up 21.2%, and they once again noted a strong part of that is Digimon Adventure merchandising outside of Japan have been a strong part of their licensing business outside of Japan.

toeiir2_october25_2021.png

Not much of note in the calendar, as things like Survive are functionally the same as they were last time.

Digimon once again gets a sidebar. They noted the transition from Adventure: to the new work 'Ghost Game' is happening as of the time of the document. They will be aiming to appeal to a wide range of Digimon consumers, with the main target audience of the show being elementary school students.

This, and related financial documents show that much like last time, nothing that new, and generally business as usual with the brand doing well.

Attachments

• article.jpg
    article.jpg
    208.2 KB · Views: 9,880

TheImpster

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm happy with Digimon Survive simply being mentioned. Further proof that it's still coming out, despite what a lot of people are saying. I'm also glad that the brand is finally doing well again. It might never reach the level it once had again, but as long as it's stable and fun I'm happy

sappyfoo

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I have high hopes for ghost game. I really hope it does well enough to be the next series that gets dubbed but you never really know, it’s been quite a while since a series has been dubbed. I just hope if they dub it that they don’t modify everything and they just stick to the original Japanese script. I really feel like this show could do really well, and it’s only 3 episodes in and I love it. So, hopefully lol but I have doubts as well.

Ricardolindo

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What is the show that is pictured alongside Ghost Game?

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

TheImpster

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I have high hopes for ghost game. I really hope it does well enough to be the next series that gets dubbed but you never really know, it’s been quite a while since a series has been dubbed. I just hope if they dub it that they don’t modify everything and they just stick to the original Japanese script. I really feel like this show could do really well, and it’s only 3 episodes in and I love it. So, hopefully lol but I have doubts as well.
Out of all the seasons I think this one has the lowest chance of getting dubbed unfortunately. It would be deemed to scary or too violent for kids. There's a reason kids horror is a dead genre in the west

sappyfoo

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Out of all the seasons I think this one has the lowest chance of getting dubbed unfortunately. It would be deemed to scary or too violent for kids. There's a reason kids horror is a dead genre in the west
Well that’s disappointing to hear.