Digimon Memorial Story Crowdfunding Blu-ray & Other Rewards Ship this Week

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

It's been a bit of a wait for those who took place in the Digimon Memorial Story Project (it started August 2019) but it's nearly time.

Various things from it shipped in February 2020 (such as the booklet we had images of earlier this year), and now the main items people have been waiting from will be shipping in just a few days...

Emails have been sent out that the 'higher' items like signed scripts, can badges, storyboard booklets, etc. plus the Memorial Story Blu-ray will ship on December 25th in Japan.

The original estimate for the higher items was December 2020 when everything was announced, so despite the difficulties of 2020 they ended up hitting their target.

The Angemon figure with postcard is the only 'big ticket' item that got pushed back, to next month. (This is the same figure that was orderable for awhile in the US and other countries. (A few of the smaller items, such as the can badges, were pushed back to ship with the December batch.)

The main item to many, shipping in a few days,is the Blu-ray featuring all 5 Digimon Adventure 20th Anniversary Memorial Story Shorts. These shorts are all side stories to Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna:
To Sora
Hole in the Heart
Medical Student, Jou Kido
The Coveted Jogress Evolution
The Shibuya-ish Heroic Saga of Pump and Gotsu

To Sora streamed online with subtitles, while the next 3 (and To Sora) were shown at the LB Pop-Up Theater for merchandise buyers. Thus far The Shibuya-ish Heroic Saga of Pump and Gotsu hasn't screened anywhere publicly.

Except To Sora, which can still be streamed, there is no plans for the others to get standard releases or screenings outside of the Pop-Up Theater and this disc. They were made as limited time event shorts, and the crowdfunding was 'an anniversary bonus' to give people a chance to get them, since often these types of specialty shorts end up locked away for years.

Nice to see them hit their target of December for the items most people were concerned with.

If you had an intermediary (or a person) use Campfire on your behalf, it might be worth letting them know things might be showing up shortly and figuring out your shipping plans.

Thanks to onkei for the heads up.

Attachments

Deep Saver

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I’ll finally be able to watch those shorts soon... I especially want to see the Jogress one, it sounds very amusing.

Naal

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So glad that they release the memorial stories in a Blu-ray format. Can't wait to watch that soon.

Yume

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm actually more curious about Pumpmon and Gotsumon. I want to stop feeling sad when they are mentioned!

I also wonder if all the shorts use the original Adventure soundtrack, like To Sora did.

Last edited:

VanChizzle

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Gotta wonder if the Blu-ray will see a wider release as well. Here's hoping.