Digimon Masters Online Coming to Steam

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, this isn't a new game, but it's coming to Steam.

Digimon Masters Online, which launched in Korea in 2009 and in other countries in 2011, will be coming to Steam in November.

The game is a free to play (with microtransactions) MMO with elements from most of the Digimon franchise, with a heavy focus on Digimon Savers (Data Squad.)

It being on Steam will likely increase the player base quite a bit, making it easier to install and deal with for many people.

The Steam Store page is up and currently lists the game as coming to Steam on November 1st.

Scorpiomilo

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
and how long has it taken to get on steam i have wanted it on steam for so long it will gain so many new players now very happy that this is finally happening

do you know what servers it will be at all ? because there are gameking and aeria servers

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Merged your posts, there is no reason to double post in this case.

The Steam Store page I linked to in the news post is all the information we have at the moment.

Yume

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh Digimon Masters... the memories! I'm glad they are trying to get new players. The Steam addition was well thought.

Jay Ukyou

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Is the game updated enough that it's actually a fun playable RPG yet? I tried back when it first came out and it was just a bog-standard MMO at best, and a grindy convoluted mess with a poor localization and barely-comprehensible story at worst.

But these kinds of games get updates, so maybe it's better after 5 to 7 years of marinating?

Spongebond

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Not sure if this will be a good thing.... Digimon Masters is not THAT great of a game. This may end up hurting the game.

I enjoyed it because I am a Digimon fan but that's it.

Rosa

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
O god this is happening, movegames really want to improve his game? the game is still too "Korean" for the west, the level of grind is unreal at point of forcing the players to bot and hack the game and the fact that you get rewarded by doing that, if the steam version is different, i willplay the steam version if not, i am will continue with gameking, i got my Kuzuhamon BM yay.

The requirements for run the game are so wrong, i dont need a high end PC for play that game, wow, people really are starting to push the 64bit PCs over 32bits?

Last edited:

Piers

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Not sure if this will be a good thing.... Digimon Masters is not THAT great of a game. This may end up hurting the game.

I enjoyed it because I am a Digimon fan but that's it.
This seems to be the case with a lot of MMORPGs that aren't already big cheese like WoW, Eve, FFXIV etc.

AmEv7Fam

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I just hope that this paves the way for other Digimon games to come to Steam.

I may try it when it comes to Steam, but I don't know how much I'll put into it; MMOs aren't really my jive.

ShindoW

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Maybe I can actually install it easily now. Not sure if my laptop will run it sadly... I hope they make it a little easier too.

vipertongn

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The requirements for run the game are so wrong, i dont need a high end PC for play that game, wow, people really are starting to push the 64bit PCs over 32bits?
I think with most games that try to run high graphics its better to use 64 bit over 32 because it can handle large amounts of ram more effectively. Which is better for high end games.

Although I'm not sure if that's all that necessary for this particular game for what it is.

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wish there was an option to get KDMO over the korean steam store or something...
I guess this could help the game's publicity but I doubt it's going to be the best received MMO on steam or anything... but definitely a case of "It's going to be fun to read the steam user reviews for this".

flintlock

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'll probably play it out of morbid curiosity more than anything else.

AguChamp

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is some good news for the 20 non-Korean players that still play the game.

Mmo-rpgs are just so hard to get into, and this game is no different, especially with it's lack of... well... anything.

Enslaved Mortal

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I might bet it was a grindfest. I might bet it ​is​ a grindfest.
I might be wrong here. Who knows. I might try this game first, probably outside of Steam because I have no Steam account.

Devkyu

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Anyone know if we'll be able to use our existing DMO accounts for the Steam version? The Steam page says cross-platform multiplayer but didn't see any details other than that.

Rosa

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Anyone know if we'll be able to use our existing DMO accounts for the Steam version? The Steam page says cross-platform multiplayer but didn't see any details other than that.
If it says crossplataform then yes, but i doubt you can bot in the steam version unless Movegame keep the same garbo game in both Gameking and Steam.

Poke-Artist

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I recentally installed this but I have not got around to playing it yet, I can wait till the Steam release. It will be interesting to see what Steam can provide for the game. Achievements and Profile Stats maybe?

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh hey. This thing. I remember this. ...Did I even play this one or was it that first one? ...I don't think so But maybe this will be good for it. Since which ever one I played was a big grindfest though.