Digimon Linkz Updates- Volcanicdramon, Other Digimon Coming to Linkz, and Commercials

Lhikan634

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So, we have Volcdramon and Volcanicdramon now. It and its early form look like they would fir in alongside Birdramon as they seem to be a bit more on the avian side of dragons. That tail looks rather ominous, though. The flair seems a bit in line with some Yu-Gi-Oh! art, especially with the more realistic flames. For some reason, the face reminds me of Megidramon despite being quite different.

The ShineGreymon and HerculesKabuterimon both have the rainbow-thingy in the color with some text that I can't quite make out. I want to suspect that this means that both are listed as recolors. Also, as mentioned, neither has a name listed. I don't think the ShineGreymon coloration would be due to lighting as we don't really see any significant color-shift on other 'mons. There's red chest-armor that becomes yellow-golden, but the shoulder armor remains red. The silver detailing on the head becomes black, but I can't tell what becomes of the silver on the shoulder armor. Either it remains silver or becomes golden.

WarOmnimon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I REALLY am digging Volcanicdramon and his Child form! Something tells me that the way they are being cryptic with the little guy, not telling us his name and so forth and telling us to wait until next month... I'm starting to think that fella might be our 20th anniversary posterboy, a la Dracomon and Hackmon for the 10th and 15th. If this ends up being the case, I LOVE that they basically pulled an "opposite reveal" here, showing and detailing the Ultimate first and then giving us the rest of his line later. They didn't do this with Dracomon nor Hackmon, big ups for Bandai for changing things up (Dracomon got a regular reveal, Hackmon came in alongside Gankoomon, and this as I said would be an "opposite reveal").

On which note, whether he's the 20th posterboy or not, I do expect him to be the reward for finishing the Culu-Battle Mode on the D-Ark Version 15th. I mean, why else would they suddenly go completely radio silent on the D-Ark 15th's new additions after the initial reveals and then Meicoomon being confirmed for the Card Slash lineup? (Definitely am hoping for Frontier, Savers, and Xros Digimon in the Card Slash lineup too, but that would go too far off the topic at hand and that is Volcanicdramon.)

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The models for the new Digimon are here!

(Click for full size)

Image Thumbnail (custom)Image Thumbnail (custom)Image Thumbnail (custom)

(Renders of the other additions and downloads for the models can be found in my Linkz model repository here: http://withthewill.net/threads/15915?p=300482&viewfull=1#post300482)

Seems like there's quite a black/red color theme going on and of the two recolors I feel herakleKabuterimon looks much better than ShineGreymon... there's something about the remaining gold and turquoise tones that makes this recolor seem a bit half-assed in comparison.
And with this we see that the tiny Volcanicdramon is definitely his own thing and not just some single chibi illustration.

The ShineGreymon and HerculesKabuterimon both have the rainbow-thingy in the color with some text that I can't quite make out. I want to suspect that this means that both are listed as recolors.
The portraits were probably ripped from assets for evolution items, that will eventually make it possible to evolve into these Digimon. The rainbow icon might simply point out the type of the item without it having anything to do with being recolors (other ultimate level evolution items also have things such as rainbow colored backgrounds for example)

I'm starting to think that fella might be our 20th anniversary posterboy, a la Dracomon and Hackmon for the 10th and 15th.
That would be interest8ing although I'm not sure how likely that actually is. I haven't seen anything actually anniversary themed in Linkz so far, so it could simply be a video game original Digimon that hopefully won't simply dissapear like some of the other Digimon in similar roles in the past....

Sparrow Hawk

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
"Black" ShineGreymon looks silly. Gold and red doesn't mix well with black. It could be just me...

I wonder if they will release the Golden GranKuwagamon?

Shadow Shinji

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Since the two new recolors have same black-themed parts in their bodies and considering that they come up along with Volcanicdramon's lower forms, who has caused some kind of havoc in the File Island, what if they are just "corrupted" versions of the originals instead of completely new Digimon?

Just a thought.

MasterOfTartarus

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
lol i was stupid to believe that we would actually get some interesting line for Volcanicdramon, the adult and perfect stage if they make one gonna be even more boring then Bao and SaviorHackmon.

Tortoiseshel

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Baby Volcanicdramon is absolutely precious! It's also great to get more insect Digimon, even if it is just a recolor, but I'll take what I can get. Shine Greymon looks... meh. And did we really need another Greymon variant?

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Those are nice. Though I think the dark Shine Greymon should have used Silver instead of Gold. It'd work better.

JPPP

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Am i the only one loving the ShineGreymon recolor??

Jay Ukyou

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah, I actually like the Shine Greymon recolor the most of the bunch, but that baby Volcanicdramon is pretty cute.

flintlock

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Inpu besides collectors all the new videogame Digimon end up in newer games so he might not be forgotten.

black hercules Kabuterimon is so cool, he looks more like an actual beetle. Shingreymon is kind of pointless since we already had Ruin Mode in the anime.

Jay Ukyou

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I hope that instead of being "Black" Shinegreymon, he'll be called "Gray" Shinegreymon. :3

Lord Archfiend Kliff

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think they'll just call him BlackShineGreymon, also, called it. Altough ShinelessGreymon, BleekGreymon or something of the like would be cool.

BlackHerakleKabuterimon also looks sweet, as does the small Volcanicdramon.

Sparrow Hawk

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Vobomon. What cute name he got there. Just perfect name for that mini Volcanicdramon. So are there official names on Black versions of ShineGreymon and HerakleKabuterimon yet?

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Another great threat? heh heh But it's nice to hear some info now. Thanks Shinji.

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Where do those videos come from? Are they fanmade, or what?
I think it's a compilation from the text boxes that pop up before and after the event battles in Linkz:

But the fact that the other videos just leave out any of the actual cutscenes and just substitute it with their own minimalist editing instead of using subtitles or overlaid annotations (I'd even think that this would take far less work) kind of makes it seem harder to judge exactly how reliable everything is we're seeing there.

Sparrow Hawk

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This Black version of ShineGreymon doesn't have the official name even its official profile... It's just "ShineGreymon". So in other words, it's like MetalGreymon (Virus)? I guess Black version of HerakleKabuterimon will be just like him...