Digimon Linkz Updates- Volcanicdramon, Other Digimon Coming to Linkz, and Commercials

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Some random bits of Digimon Linkz news. Some of this has shown up in the prior discussions on the news thread, but since we had some fun stuff, thought I'd put some actual news first.

Image Thumbnail

First up, we know the name of the mystery dragon Digimon we've seen for a long time, and got more detailed images of recently:
Volcanicdramon.

We also get a look at what appears to be a lower form of his.

Image Thumbnail

Such a cute little guy.

We also have a look at a few new Digimon that have shown up in the data of Linkz.

Image Thumbnail

No doubt some of these fan favorites people will be quite happy to see.

Now, for the real reason we needed a Linkz update... some funny commercials for Linkz with the Agumon costume, along with translations of the commercials.

Each commercial is titled as an episode.

Episode 1: The Two Who Wanted to Meet

Girl: It's been a while!
Girl: What should we do today?
Guy: Eh? Well...why don't we watch a movie?
Girl: Okay! Come on...hurry up, hurry up, hurry up!
Agumon: Why don't you play with me?
Agumon: You can take part in multiplayer and PVP battles too!
Agumon: Digimon Linkz!
Agumon: Please download it!

Episode 2: Afterwards, the Two of Them...

Girl: What should we do?
Guy: How about...we go out for a bit?
Girl: Yeah, that sounds good!
Guy: Right? Okay then!
Guy: Actually...let's play this instead.
Girl: Alright, sure!
Agumon: Why don't you play with me?
Agumon: You can take part in multiplayer and PVP battles too!
Agumon: Digimon Linkz!
Agumon: Please download it!
Girl: [Agumon] looks happy, doesn't it?
Guy: ...Yeah, it does!

It's nice to see a bit of weird humor show up in the commercials.

Thanks to eternalsnowday and jaryu5 for the images and thanks to garm and shin for translations.

Prior newsthread for Digimon Linkz is here.

Hopefully we see more commercials like that (they do list them as episodes after all), and lots more Digimon showing up in Linkz.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The commercials are fun. And, um... does anyone recognize that last Digimon on the list? It looks like a new, black Kabuterimon or something.

MasterOfTartarus

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
lol the commercials remind me of those old Crash BAndicoot commercials with the guy in the suit

yeah the last one looks like a Black HerakleKabuterimon, not sure though

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What's that rainbow thingy on BlackHerakleKabuterimon?

The first Black version of Insect type and it's HerakleKabuterimon... But I remember Stingmon might have darker version. Not sure which card.

Jay Ukyou

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wow, those commercials are uncomfortable...

Gumdramon!

Rosa

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Shoutmon and Gumdramon! i am sold OMG! also Volcanicdramon looks a lot to "Red-Eyes" monsters in yugioh series.

flintlock

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What's that rainbow thingy on BlackHerakleKabuterimon?

The first Black version of Insect type and it's HerakleKabuterimon... But I remember Stingmon might have darker version. Not sure which card.
Yeah there's a black Stingmon. http://wikimon.net/File:St-769.jpg

I'm always excited to see more bug Digimon even if it's a repaint. I actually love when they repaint things black because it makes their designs look better.

Also since I've been watching Jojo's bizarre adventure I love the fact that they dont' have set colourschemes. Digimon kind of uses recolours to flesh out videogame rosters and do silly stuff like evil WarGreymons but it reminds me of that. More shows should have colors that work like Jojo.

Jay Ukyou

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm generally not that big of a fan of "Paint it Black" recolors. Some are okay, and it worked fine -once- with BlackWarGreymon as a dark mirror character.

The big exception is Shoutmon X-whatever. All of those Black recolors (or any solid-color really) are great because it makes his design actually look cohesive instead of like a unicorn vomited legos all over a transformer toy.

kkanbara

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
niiice -- maybe that big guy is the final form of Volcdramon, from episode 68 Xros Wars

Shadow Shinji

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
niiice -- maybe that big guy is the final form of Volcdramon, from episode 68 Xros Wars
That would be odd. I've always thought in Spinomon as my "canon" evolution for Volcdramon, but well it's pretty common to have several evolutions paths for one Digimon so why not? Anyway I would prefer a brand-new line for Volcanicdramon, he seems to be connected to the main story of Linkz.

On another vein, have anyone also thought in "How to Train Your Dragon" after having seen that black mini dragon? 🙂

Last edited:

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The ShineGreymon pictured looks more or less normally colored to me, though the lighting might make it look a little more yellowish. But, since there's no name given, I guess it could be new.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
? It says Stingmon. It didn't say (Black) or something like that. There is Black XVmon yet it's only just Stingmon?
I agree. We need more Insect species vary besides Kabuteri/Kuwaga. If BlackHerakleKabuterimon does have Black Digitron, I wonder what kind of effects he will have?

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The cards never said "(Black)" in a Digimon's name. And yes, there is a Virus XV-mon. The black Stingmon is Data.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh. Interesting. Original Virus Attribute ones goes Data like Growmon and Stingmon. Vaccine ones gets Virus counterparts. But Data ones doesn't have any counterparts or recolor ones... As I can remember.

Lord Archfiend Kliff

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think the thing that may confirm that ShineGreymon as a different species not only the golden coloring but the mouth armor and horns are black which may mean this is black variant.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Kyubimon's line got silver-colored Vaccine versions.
I still kept thinking Silver ones are Youko, Dou and Kuzuhamon. I need to remember Silver and Purple versions are separate. No wonder it slipped my mind.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Volcanicdramon? That fits for a name. And we have a smaller leveled one? Plus more Digimon. This is also great. Nice to see a new Digimon.