Status
Not open for further replies.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Looks like people will get to play another mobile Digimon game soon without having to worry about language barriers...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Digimon Linkz will be coming west as Digimon Links shortly.

Bandai-Namco Entertainment have put up a pre-registration page on Google Play for the game on Android.

Update- Bandai has opened an official website that confirms an iOS version.

There are more screenshots and various details regarding the game.

A small number of screenshots from the registration page, showing various features and elements of the game.

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Interestingly, it appears unlike Digimon Heroes, this is being localized to the more Western English character names, instead of the English names used in Asia.

Here is the description currently given:
In Digimon Links connect both the real and digital worlds!

All your Digimon favorites come to life in Digimon Links! Grow stronger with the bonds you form with your Digimon, and find out the cause of the disturbances in the Digital World!

Game Details
Take part in fierce 3-on-3 command battles!
Lead your Digimon to victory as you make use of their Leader Skills, Signature Skills and Legacy Skills! With an awareness of their Attributes and Resistances overwhelm your foes.

Build Your Farm and Raise Digimon

Take a break from battles as you create facilities that enable you to power up your Digimon. Make use of various added effects, return to battle and seize victory! With a whole range of facilities available, this is your opportunity to create your very own, unique digi-space!

At the moment there is no date announced for when it might launch, but with a pre-registration page up, it doesn't seem like it'll be a long wait.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

A shot of the page on the Google Play Store.

What, if any, effect this may have on Digimon Heroes, which has been adding content on a reasonable clip is unknown.

Thanks to a number of people who sent this in.

Thanks to shioon666 for the info about the official site.

Vaioumon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Perfect! Finally a digimon game on the phone that won't disappoint!

Ryou Misaki

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I've tried the japanese version for awhile and... it's... a grindfest.
I hope to see some improvements for the various game modes and such things.
It is not bad but yeah, you know.

Crazy_Tai

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I really can't wait to play this. Another Digimon game I can play now while sitting through these boring lectures.

AmEv7Fam

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I just hope that we can transfer our saves from the Japanese version to this version.

AquaVersus

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm excited for this as Heroes isn't really doing it for me. I love their roster of Digimon but the game itself doesn't appeal to me, I guess. I know Links will be another mobile title so I guess the mechanics might be similar, but I'm eager to try it on iOS soon!

Rosa

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I was playing the japanese version for a while i even got 4 megas (2 wargreymon and 2 metalgarurumon.. dont ask) getting Ultimate(Perfect) is "easy" but mega... Good Luck in your grind fest! since the drop rate for get medals is terrible intentionally...

Also i dont expect it to be release with all content from japanese version, will be gradually updating and adding digimons, so maybe this time i wont miss the gundramon and shoutmon event... since i missed and now i must do PVP for evolve my shoutmon into omnishoutmon.

Last edited:

Digi_TaKi

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I just hope that we can transfer our saves from the Japanese version to this version.
I really hope so too. But it is unlikely, since this version will probably not be in the "japanese servers" and since it was an only Japan game, people were playing it with the risk of being region blocked.

AmEv7Fam

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I really hope so too. But it is unlikely, since this version will probably not be in the "japanese servers" and since it was an only Japan game, people were playing it with the risk of being region blocked.
Well, once it is released, I'm going to try manually transferring it, and, failing that, emailing support to see if it's possible.

Heroes was fun, but the charm wore off for me after a year. Probably will happen here as well, but we'll find out.

Idiysar Almond

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don't think so. It would be unfair to newcomers when they see ex-jpn-server players already have all the rare digimon and at +4, especially if coop and pvp will be available early. PvP would be totally unbalanced and coop will be full of discrimination since everyone only wants old-server players to join them. Besides, if some people already have access to many unique digimon, that would kinda defeat the point of mobile games, since, well... they're making money from those unique digimon, letting people have early access to them without paying would be bad for them

BlankShell

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I abandoned Heroes a little while ago after Kingdom Hearts UX came out, so it'd be nice to get into a mobile Digimon game again. Hopefully it comes to iOS!

AmEv7Fam

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don't think so. It would be unfair to newcomers when they see ex-jpn-server players already have all the rare digimon and at +4, especially if coop and pvp will be available early. PvP would be totally unbalanced and coop will be full of discrimination since everyone only wants old-server players to join them. Besides, if some people already have access to many unique digimon, that would kinda defeat the point of mobile games, since, well... they're making money from those unique digimon, letting people have early access to them without paying would be bad for them
Makes sense. Jintrix/Crusaders wasn't carried over into Heroes.

Shutmon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
hopefully i can pull meicoomon

Jaybird C

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
My only question is who's the axebird?

Status
Not open for further replies.