MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Some people won't like this...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

While not a huge surprise with the tease that an international release of Digimon ReArise is coming soon, moreso with recent content in Links seemed to be it going full circle, we have a formal announcement that Digimon Links is shutting down.

The in game notice gives the shutdown time as being July 30th, 2019 at 4:00 UTC, which lines up with July 29th at 9:00pm Pacific time.

Links will run properly until that time, with the exception that they are disabling DigiStone purchases.

Digimon Links full international launch was on October 4th, 2017, running concurrently (with different servers) as the game it was based on from Japan, Digimon Linkz, so it will be shutting down a bit before it's 2nd anniversary.

Japanese players have almost concurrently started to report the same message showing up their version of the game.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

As mentioned above though, with Digimon ReArise coming soon, it's not a huge shock (in fact, we discussed it winding down on the most recent podcast.) And of course ReArise has been running for quite awhile in Japan at this point, so it shutting down there isn't that much of a surprise either.

A formal rollout for Digimon ReArise outside of Japan hasn't yet been announced, but with a closing date for Links set, an announcement soon seems likely.

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah I saw that coming tbh. Guess it had a good run.

At least they went out with a bang, made a new dragon. They'll prob both be added to ReArise.

Last edited:

KiriGuy

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Aw dang that sucks D:, But can’t say I didn’t see it coming.

I hope they give us access to old events before shutdown so we can get the event exclusive ultimates and megas we missed before

ArkheStar

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm pretty much dissapointed in Bandai, they could've given the player's more joy but what comes around, goes around....sadly (Will miss Links " : d)

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I am going to the bank first thing when they open and demand a refund i have wasted more then a thousand dollars in this game and now they wanna shut down ive paid enough to have this game for life its only 50$ for a game in stores to own ive spend 35 tines over that royally pissed off right now

Curio

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I am going to the bank first thing when they open and demand a refund i have wasted more then a thousand dollars in this game and now they wanna shut down ive paid enough to have this game for life its only 50$ for a game in stores to own ive spend 35 tines over that royally pissed off right now
With all due respect maybe there's a lesson to be learned here...

DragonicEmperor

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Just when I finally decided to give this a try.

Guess I'll just wait till ReArise.

There's a reason why a lot of people are F2P for these kind of games.

Chortos-2

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
To clear it up: Japan’s Digimon Linkz is also officially shutting down on the same date (30 July), but the time of day is not given. Some in-game events are listed as ending at 23:59 on that day, which is 15 hours after the global server shuts down.

Deep Saver

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It had a good run, I’m surprised it lasted as long as it did. I didn’t really like this game but liked the Digimon they made for it a lot!

Vaioumon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ah, well, there it goes. Can't say I'm sad to see it go, but I'll always be grateful to it for my new dragons. Hopefully they can successfully migrate into the rest of the franchise soon. Here's to hoping ReArise is more geared towards...just being a decent game.

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Even if the game isn’t objectively good they could have got a bit more out of it just by adding the models that are still left over from HM and Next 0rder...
My personal assumption was that with a few more updates adding a bunch of HM lines they would sustain it until around the end of the year and shut it down at that point.
It just feels like a bit of a waste in general, especially if you consider left out stuff like them never doing anything with that Scumon Daiou model and that theyhad the Hybrid level in their Digimon Library since forever but now it will mostly likely end without any hybrid Digimon ever being implemented.

We'll see if rearise can replace it but while it looks like a better game in many aspects I'm not too sure that it will stick around for quite as long. That Linkz didn’t have much of a story was very exploitable in terms of basic longevity since it had a simple gameplay loop they could just stuff whatever Digimon into.
But how long can rearise even last? With the introduction of Herrismon’s Ultimate it’s clearly nearing the climax of its story in Japan after only about one year and as a game based around those specific characters how long can it go on when their arcs are finished and their evolines are complete? They might start a new arc or something like that but honestly it doesn't seem like the most extensible universe. And being heavier focused on the story means people will get annoyed more quickly if there's ever a drought of story content.

Perhaps a little research into how those kinds of games usually operate would have helped to put things into perspective. Unless it's something gigantic like hearthstone (and even that won't last forever) you're not getting anything "for life" with a phone game.

Last edited:

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
kinda your fault. Mobile games always close after a few years.

BlankShell

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I tried to get into it a few times (even rerolled an account the most recent time) but there was just too many barriers to progress, and the core gameplay wasn't that fun. I'm not against C2P/P2P in general if I'm having a good time (you're not paying for a final product, you're paying for an experience, which is a personal evaluation), but this one could never quite grab me. I loved the overall design and aesthetic, but that wasn't enough.

Still, I hope people enjoyed it, and it's still sad to see it go. Looking forward to ReArise, anyway.

Shadow Shinji

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well we all saw this coming since ReArise was announced for an International launch. To be honest, I think Linkz has offered its best at this point and it's time to let it go. As much as I was a hard player from Heroes!, I must admit Linkz will always mean a step up when it comes to Digimon videogames for Smartphones, so its legacy wil be up for the fans as forever. Also, it was entertaining at some point and brought a new human character and two brand-new dragons to the family.

Not it's time to ReArise!

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Kind of sucks but let's hope they'll just add everything to ReArise.