"Digimon Last Evolution - Bonds" May Be the Title For the Digimon Adventure 20th Film

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
"Digimon Last Evolution - Bonds" May Be the Title For the Digimon Adventure 20th Film

This one seems likely, especially based on the source...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

In comments to TVNinos about anime they'd be marketing at the recent LAScreenings, Daniel Castaneda, Director of Licensing for Toei Animation in Latin America discussed a number of upcoming titles that are being worked on and should be available in 2020.

Most interesting for us is the name "Digimon Last Evolution - Kizuna".

With kizuna translating to bonds, and it being said by the producers a few times (including in the recent V-Jump interview) at how important the concept of bonds will be in the 20th Anniversary Adventure film, it feels like there is a pretty good chance the title is either "Digimon Last Evolution - Bonds" or "Digimon Adventure- Last Evolution - Bonds".

Thanks to our friends at Digisoul for the heads up.

wildwing64

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Inb4 "Finally, the LAST Adventure anime EVER! Now they'll stop pandering to nostalgia and give me my Tamers/Frontier sequel!"

Jokes aside, this to me suggests a tone of bittersweetness in the film even though - like tri. before it - it's essentially leading into The Epilogue. But I've also been getting that same bittersweet vibe from the poster.

DragonicEmperor

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Inb4 "Finally, the LAST Adventure anime EVER! Now they'll stop pandering to nostalgia and give me my Tamers/Frontier sequel!"
That feel when you realise there's still 02 between you and a Tamers and Frontier sequel.

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That feel when you realise there's still 02 between you and a Tamers and Frontier sequel.
whats 02? Never heard of it.

Anyway I too am curious about this potential title.

G-SANtos

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Jokes aside, this to me suggests a tone of bittersweetness in the film even though - like tri. before it - it's essentially leading into The Epilogue.
I'm not completely sure this time. Hiroyuki Kakudō left the project because, according to him, it contradicted the past series.
Maybe this time they decided to ignore the epilogue. Like, tri. said it was going to lead into the epilogue, but did a very poor job of explaining everyone's career choices. Yamato was just like "well, maybe I'll go to space or something".

Did they say this movie is going to connect to the epilogue in any interview? I haven't had time to read them recently.

Digimon'sDigitalWill

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm not too worried about the human side of things bar everyone's choice of degrees, but I'm quite worried about the Digimon side of things which was different in balance between Adventure and Tri., especially if this is a singular entry and has anywhere less than 2 hours in length. Doubt they will give the project 3+ hours and even then, what will be their priority is still worrisome.

Title-wise, so long as they add 'Adventure' into the title, it should be fine.

Deep Saver

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I’m starting to wonder if this movie, even more than just being Adventure-centric, will be mostly Taichi centric. I really doubt they can make a coherent plot if they focus on EVERYONE, and we haven’t seen much of everyone else so perhaps they are more background this time.

KoreeluStromboli

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Digimon Last Evolution sounds similar to the name of another Digimon film, Digital Monster X-Evolution. Maybe the bonds that the Chosen Children have with their Partner Digimon will allow them to Matrix Evolve (Digimon Tamers) into new Digimon beyond their Ultimate forms, the titular "Last Evolution".

In the past, I imagined a Digimon Adventure 20th film trailer ending with Taichi and Agumon in the progress of Matrix Evolution before
the trailer cuts to black.

It's worth mentioning that during the beginning of Digimon Adventure tri.: Reunion, in Taichi's room, there is a textbook titled One Vision, which is also the title of the Matrix Evolution song from Digimon Tamers.

DragonicEmperor

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Digimon Last Evolution sounds similar to the name of another Digimon film, Digital Monster X-Evolution. Maybe the bonds that the Chosen Children have with their Partner Digimon will allow them to Matrix Evolve (Digimon Tamers) into new Digimon beyond their Ultimate forms, the titular "Last Evolution".

In the past, I imagined a Digimon Adventure 20th film trailer ending with Taichi and Agumon in the progress of Matrix Evolution before
the trailer cuts to black.

It's worth mentioning that during the beginning of Digimon Adventure tri.: Reunion, in Taichi's room, there is a textbook titled One Vision, which is also the title of the Matrix Evolution song from Digimon Tamers.
"We got you, fam. We got this new Omegamon Form raring and ready to go!"

Ricardolindo

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Jokes aside, this to me suggests a tone of bittersweetness in the film even though - like tri. before it - it's essentially leading into The Epilogue.
I'm not completely sure this time. Hiroyuki Kakudō left the project because, according to him, it contradicted the past series.
Maybe this time they decided to ignore the epilogue. Like, tri. said it was going to lead into the epilogue, but did a very poor job of explaining everyone's career choices. Yamato was just like "well, maybe I'll go to space or something".

Did they say this movie is going to connect to the epilogue in any interview? I haven't had time to read them recently.
Not this again, please. We don't what Kakudou meant and it's possible that we never will but it makes no sense to believe it was the epilogue being retconned because tri. is canon to the epilogue and built up a bit for it, regarding the professions, (I agree it was a somewhat bad buildup but, still, a buildup, nonetheless), and this new movie is canon to tri.

Last edited:

Shadow Shinji

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's only me or that title kinda suggests it may be more than 1 film?

Not this again, please. We don't what Kakudou meant and it's possible that we never will but it makes no sense to believe it was the epilogue being retconned because tri. is canon to the epilogue and built up a bit for it, regarding the professions, (I agree it was a somewhat bad buildup but, still, a buildup, nonetheless), and this new movie is canon to tri.
Kakudo resigned from the project because the 02 kids are going to be ignored again. Period.

He's really in love with his work on both Adventure & 02, so he has slightly suggested before that he was not perfectly ok with the 02 kids treatment during tri, in a very subtle way, even though he was involved in the music department for the latter project. To be honest, I totally understand his point of view as one of the original creators of Digimon Adventure.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Aren’t you just making that up? As far as I know we’ve never heard what exactly Kakudo’s problem was.

AppliFang

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hope we get some new images or even just pics of the digimon partners would make me happy ^^

Wonder if Meiko will return....02 kids too plz lol

Kon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Hiroyuki Kakudou feels this project contradict the past series. However, he also feels all the previous films (Digimon Adventure first movie, Our War Game, Hurricane Touchdown, Diabolomon Strikes Back, Tri, between others) contradict the past series.

So, the contradictions with the past series can be many things.

I think Tri never planned to explain all the Epilogue. They just explain the start of some things we will see in the Epilogue.

Last edited:

Kon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Kakudo resigned from the project because the 02 kids are going to be ignored again. Period.

He's really in love with his work on both Adventure & 02, so he has slightly suggested before that he was not perfectly ok with the 02 kids treatment during tri, in a very subtle way, even though he was involved in the music department for the latter project. To be honest, I totally understand his point of view as one of the original creators of Digimon Adventure.
Kakudou never say anything about the treatment of 02 kids. You shouldn't treat your theory as a certainty

Regarding Kakudou feelings on Tri, Kakudou has said films doesn't fit with the past series. However, Kakudou has clarified that he means ALL the films (not only Tri) don't fit the past series, even the ones he was forced to include in the series (like Digimon Adventure first movie and Our War Game).

Last edited:

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Maybe he just really wants those aliens and keeps being turned down

Shadow Shinji

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Guys I'm not making up things, to be precise I adressed him a question to him via Twitter when we were like in the midway of tri. to ask him how does he felt about the absence of the 02 cast, and to express him how pissed of I was about the whole situation. He never replied me, but I got a like from him, so it's quite logical he won't charge in an open way against an official product considering what is on the stake, but you don't really have to be the most clever guy in the word to realize that Kakudou has expressed his affection for both the cast of Adventure & 02, although the latter is not that profitable marketing-wise, and as an artist and creator he may feel they are ruining the legacy of his creation, let alone its internal consistency.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Thanks for confirming for all of us that you in fact have no information and were making up everything based on effectively nothing.

Everything you've said is borderline just 'making shit up' based on him liking a random tweet.

He hated tri. so much he... signed up to work on the follow up to it and only left when he decided his story wouldn't be used.

Kon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Guys I'm not making up things, to be precise I adressed him a question to him via Twitter when we were like in the midway of tri. to ask him how does he felt about the absence of the 02 cast, and to express him how pissed of I was about the whole situation. He never replied me, but I got a like from him, so it's quite logical he won't charge in an open way against an official product considering what is on the stake, but you don't really have to be the most clever guy in the word to realize that Kakudou has expressed his affection for both the cast of Adventure & 02, although the latter is not that profitable marketing-wise, and as an artist and creator he may feel they are ruining the legacy of his creation, let alone its internal consistency.
A "like" in a twitter?

There are many reasons why someone can put a "like" to your commentary that don't imply he hates the treatment of 02 kids in Tri.

Even if he has problems with the treatment of 02 kids in Tri (which we don't know), we wouldn't know if that's the problem with the new project.

You shouldn't treat this as a confirmation.

Last edited: