Digimon Joining Figure-Rise Standard Model Kit Line with Anime Design WarGreymon! MetalGarurumon & Magnamon Teased

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
figurerise1_may13_2021.jpg

New model kit line!

It's been announced (2) that Digimon will join the Figure-rise Standard model kit line.

Previous Digimon kits launched the Figure-rise Standard Amplified line, which redesigned character in stylish 'mecha' inspired ways.

The new line of Digimon kits are designed to be anime specific designs.

And of course, it starts with one of the most popular!

figurerise2_may13_2021.jpg

WarGreymon!

figurerise3_may13_2021.jpg

The main bullet points here are...

Joinst that allow a wide range of anime action poses.

Designs that are made to be faithful to the designs from the anime.

The first figure was chosen to be WarGreymon, well known going back to Digimon Adventure from 1999.

The announcement teaser also shows silhouettes of MetalGarurumon from Digimon Adventure and Magnamon from Digimon Adventure 02.

figurerise4_may13_2021.jpg
figurerise5_may13_2021.jpg
figurerise6_may13_2021.jpg

WarGreymon will be released in October. Prices and more details soon.

As popular as the amplified line has been, true to the anime designs of popular characters is something that'll probably be insanely popular. And Magnamon fans will no doubt be happy, as despite his popular, he hasn't gotten a wide range of merchandise for a number of years.

Attachments

• figurerisearticle_may13_2021.jpg
    figurerisearticle_may13_2021.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 10,625

BlankShell

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah, the overkill designs of the Amplified line is definitely my least favorite aspect, so some more classic designs will be nice. Admittedly I'd prefer stuff like SHF (though this felt like an inevitability considering the Figure-Rise' popularity), but the idea of tougher model kits is also somewhat appealing. And Magnamon getting some love is great.

Timkun55

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I absolutely love that they're getting even more love, but, my God, my WALLET! 😂 :cry:
There better be an Angemon/HolyAngemon :love:
Super keen for Magnamon!!

Mugenlazlo

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I hope they recolor this into BlackWarGreymon from Season 2.

Onterriermon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Cool! The amplified kit had some problems with mobility and stability, so its good to see them addressing those concerns. Looks very nice

Tarama

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Now we get it what the "Amplified" means, finally.

Nightwing

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Still have yet to pick up the Amplified WarGreymon, but this would look nicer next to my Bond of Courage figure so I think I’ll go with this one instead lol.

I see myself picking up the Magnamon one as well honestly, glad they went ahead and teased that one so early.

Panchi

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
shut up and take my money! BANDAI

Youkomon

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Tired of the same Digimon being pushed over and over again… I want to see other Digimon have a chance to get figures like Magnadramon and Kyubimon.. some GEM figures of them would be amazing.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Tired of the same Digimon being pushed over and over again… I want to see other Digimon have a chance to get figures like Magnadramon and Kyubimon.. some GEM figures of them would be amazing.

Maybe if people bought stuff after demanding this it would happen.

Historically they do not.

People buy WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon, they get WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon.

Tarama

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Come to think of it, I feel bad for WarGreymon tri. version. I'm sure they intentionally minor redesigned him like that, to sell the figures.

GK45

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
SOLD!
But seriously... hopefully they can keep these in the $40 range.
Long as they don't get any higher than $50 I'll be grabbing all three as they come out. I skipped the "Amplified" versions because I didn't care for how busy they were.

wildwing64

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I might skip this as I already have enough WarGreymon figures... which I say now, but I'll probably end up getting it anyway.

I prefer the Amplified redesign but this looks like it'll be a better model kit overall.

dcarden4

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
YES finally! I was wondering when they would do non "amplified kits" - it felt like it was only a matter of time. I can make custom Our War Game versions with pink/red panel lining, or a shiny gold Magnamon. I hope Omnimon is coming soon, that Amplified Kit is so dated since it's just a rerelease of the reboot version.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's nice. But hey, Magnamon. That's different then what we normally get.

Mynor

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don't have a WarGreymon figure and it would be nice to have one. Is the Amplified version hard to come by? Because I may want that one just because it's more visually interesting but if I can't find it I'd totally get this figure kit instead.
What I would definitely want is that Magnamon. Magnamon is a design I'm indifferent towards but it's moreso the thought of having a slightly more obscure Digimon as a figure and that there probably isn't a better character I want to have as an 02 rep. I sort of see Magnadramon as the legendary Digimon of 02 as Imperialdramon doesn't really have that same energy to me

dcarden4

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don't have a WarGreymon figure and it would be nice to have one. Is the Amplified version hard to come by? Because I may want that one just because it's more visually interesting but if I can't find it I'd totally get this figure kit instead.
What I would definitely want is that Magnamon. Magnamon is a design I'm indifferent towards but it's moreso the thought of having a slightly more obscure Digimon as a figure and that there probably isn't a better character I want to have as an 02 rep. I sort of see Magnadramon as the legendary Digimon of 02 as Imperialdramon doesn't really have that same energy to me

The Amplified Wargreymon isn't necessarily hard to come by, usually, it's just a matter of price. My local hobby shops jacked up the price because it sells out whenever there are restocks, but they always seem to have at least one. I'd try putting in an order at HLJ and hoping a restock comes soon, that's how I got my Metalgarurumon. Took about a month and a half of waiting.

Darklabo

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Glad to see Magnamon coming, this is easily my favorite Digimon from 02 and one of my favorite designs overall.

In a way, the fact that he's not overused allows him to retain that mystical aura in my opinion (like Dukemon CM), but I'm not saying no to a figure.

02's "Legendary" Digimon would rather be Imperialdramon PM, don't you think ?

Mon-Ohma

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I’m not particularly ecstatic about yet another Wargreymon figure myself. Though I’ll forgive them if one of these lines eventually leads to seeing the likes of Devimon and other antagonists getting love.