Digimon in V-Jump August- Bunch of stuff! 20th Anniversary Pop-Up Shop & Card Set!

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Digimon in V-Jump August- Bunch of stuff! 20th Anniversary Pop-Up Shop & Card Set!

Time for a new V-Jump!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Lots of things to go over in this one.

First up we have a bit of tri. Part 5, which includes a nice piece of art of Ophanimon Falldown mode.

Underneath are quick looks at the updated Digivice Version. 15th, Digivolving Spirits, and the tri. Stage Play.

Update- A rough translation from garm (text is small and fuzzy, so it isn't really possible to read everything.) This is true of various translated bits throughout this article.
Meicoomon goes berserk, causing abnormalities in the real world with its infection. These affect the digital world too, and the kids get ousted from the digital world back to the real world, but they are wanted because they have Digimon with them. Meiko continues to worry, while a [cruel fate?] draws near Hikari.

Ophanimon Falldown Mode: It was originally an Angel Digimon until it was engulfed in sinister flames... what exactly happened!?

Next up we have....

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

It appears data on the D-1 Grand Prix for the 20th Anniversary V-Pet will be given on June 26th, the actual 20th anniversary of Digimon.

Update- The D-1 Grand Prix will be part of the Digimon Web website, and there will also be some sort of livestream on the 26th.

They will begin pre-orders for a 20th anniversary Digimon card set on the 26th also! Most of the details are hard to read, but it looks like the set will have 60 cards.

Update- Translated bits
The 20th card set contains: card case, 60 card deck, special storage box (including play sheet/manual).
It will cost 9000 yen, the ETA is late November.
They advertise a new set 'Booster Ver. 20th', but I'm not too sure if they're sold as separate booster packs, or if the 60 cards are from that set, or what. The set will include Digimon from the Ver. 20th V-Pet.

Some new LCD Sprite Digimon to Digimon Linkz for you to use.

Then we have a stack of Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth Hacker's Memory news! Nokia's back! We also see a new character named Imai Chitose who is partnered with an Ankylomon.

Update- More translated bits
Nokia Shiramine: Has a strong sense of justice, and despises crooked means. She formed the Rebellions in order to protect Digimon.

Chitose Imai: The vice-leader of Hudie. ... [can't read this bit] The moodmaker of the team.
A supporting pillar of Hudie!!

Chitose networks with various teams; however...!?

Chitose keeps in contact with Rebellions, and is also in charge of maintaining connections between Hudie and other teams.

On top, Appmon! And something else...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

The Appmon page is mostly a look at the God Grades and how they will be in various Appmon merchandise. A nice look at stuff, but nothing that exciting... until you look at the bottom left corner...

Cause there is something super exciting there!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

A 20th Anniversary Digimon Pop-Up Shop! It'll be at the Ikebukuro and Nagoya Limited Base P'Parco shops (the same locations used in previous Digimon pop-up shops) and it's going to cover the ENTIRE franchise!

The name of the shop is The Digimon Universe 20th Anniversary Shop!

The first look at the pop up shop key art features the leads from Adventure, Zero-Two, Tamers, Frontier, Savers, Xros Wars, Hunters, tri., and Appmon!

The shop will be open July 7th thru 26th (hey look, it opens on my birthday!) and we will no doubt get a ton of new information soon!

Hopefully we get higher resolution images of the V-Jump soon so we can get more details out of everything.

Thanks to boku for the heads up and a baidu user for the scans.

Update- Added various translated bits thanks to garm.

Update- Added higher quality versions of page 2 and 3 (the ones with Hacker's Memory content) via Gematsu, they're from the same initial source based on the tag.

MasterOfTartarus

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
so Goddramon and Megidramon are in HM? could this mean they complete the 4 holy dragons team? in that case we might even get the sovereign.

oh and since the new guys partner is Ankylomon we probably also see what Mega they give him, gonna be interesting.

Last edited:

BlankShell

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I love the new artwork Hacker's Memory is doing of returning characters. Makes everything feel really fresh. The improved roster is looking good too, but I hope they don't reveal everything before the game is out.

Ophanimon FM looking appropriately creepy. Part 5 is gonna rock.

Small advertisement of what looks to be the transforming Alphamon figure in the corner of the Digivolving Spirits spread. Wonder what their timeframe is for releases for everything.

DATS24

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
OMFGKGKGKGKKFKFKGDJDKJGFKJGDKLGDSJKLSDJKLGSDGLKSDG

Megidramon and Goddramon MAH BOOOOIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's one step more to introduce Dorugoramon, then I can die in peace. C'mon Habumon, you can do it!!!

Deep Saver

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Goddramon, Megidramon, Mushmon, Airdramon, and Tueryemon? Nice choices, especially Goddramon and Megidramon. Also curious about the Ankylomon guy.

Chimera-gui

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well now I feel like a right dumbass cause I didn't think we'd be getting another Appmon Chip set until at least August given the pattern of updates being every other month and the most recent one being the 10th of June.

Last edited:

clanc

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The it's safe to bet that we'll get the God Grades around August.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
No Way. No. Way. NO WAY?! MEGIDRAMON AND GODDRAMON? C'mon bring out THAT DORUGORAMON!

saifors

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
From screenshots of Megidramon it looks like part of a cutscene, so he's likely story relevant. Nice to see Goddramon back AFAIK his las appearance was in Dawn and Dusk.
Airdramon and Mushroomon are in after their surprising absence from Cyber Sleuth despite usually being mainstays.
Turuiemon is also in, who wasn't in CS but was in Next 0rder if I'm correct.
Nokia's new OA keeps the tradition of giving her a pose unbefitting of her personality. The screenshot accompanying her seems to be the scene
in chapter 10 of Cyber Sleuth when WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon fuse into Omnimon to defeat Fei
Calling it now: new guy is related to Suedou.

Chimera-gui

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The it's safe to bet that we'll get the God Grades around August.
The date at the top of the Appmon image is 2017 7 29 as in July 29th, roughly five to six weeks from now with August 1st being the following Tuesday.

In other words, this set's coming two weeks earlier than I expected it to.

AiM&4

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is some auper level hype stuff.Nver been so happy reading a V-Jump article b4 XD

Digi_TaKi

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
i am looking forward to new digimon cards !!!!

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Nokia's looking more like a streetwalker than ever. I'm looking forward to seeing what roles the new Digimon and that new human character will play.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Updated the news post with various translated bits thanks to garm.

Jay Ukyou

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Only two more days before I can actually purchase this magazine myself! I'll be sure to get a better-quality shot of that pop-up shop multi-season key art. That is just a great image and I want it as a poster.

Oooh... just realized! If this pop-up shop is around in August, I can actually check it out since I'll be in Tokyo for the stage play!

Kon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ophanimon Falldown Mode: It was originally an Angel Digimon until it was engulfed in sinister flames... what exactly happened!?
If the translation is exact, this would be interesting.

What Angel Digimon was corrupted by the sinister flames? Angewomon? Or Ofanimon?

If this is Ofanimon, this would mean that Tailmon get the mega evolution before this corruption.

Oki

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The original description of Ophanimon Falldown mode refers to an Ophanimon that went mad. Makes you wonder if it'll evolve directly from Angewomon or if Hikari's Tailmon is getting two megas...or Ophanimon falldown mode isn't related to Hikari's Tailmon at all lol

Vande

V-Tamer Vande
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The original description of Ophanimon Falldown mode refers to an Ophanimon that went mad. Makes you wonder if it'll evolve directly from Angewomon or if Hikari's Tailmon is getting two megas...or Ophanimon falldown mode isn't related to Hikari's Tailmon at all lol
Bolded that part as I would laugh hysterically if that turned out to be the case.