Digimon in September V-Jump- Battle Spirits, Hacker's Memory, Appmon, D-1!

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
New V-Jump time! And this time it hasn't been completely mined for info before we get images!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Some good stuff in this issue (September), lots of clarifications and updates to previous things.

There may be Appmon spoilers down below at the bottom... so watch out...

First up are details of the upcoming appearance of Digimon in the Battle Spirits card game:
86 different Digimon will appear (including partner Digimon.) We get previews of some of the art. We've seen the Agumon image before, but I don't think we've seen the others.
Cards will have new effects to emulate evolution.
All the artwork on the cards will be new.
They will reveal a number of cards in the next issue of V-Jump

Update- Some further (non V-Jump) info from what looks like a sales sheet, image provided by Monox.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

The evolution will use a (newer?) Battle Spirits feature called 'advent' to represent evolution.
All normal cards will feature new art that fits the Battle Spirits style. Less clear are details about a group of 'parallel' cards that they mention the art will be more 'Digimon style' (they don't mention if these cards will specifically be new art or not.)
This will be the first time XXR rarity cards will appear in a crossover/collaboration set.

Next up is some Appmon!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

First up for the Data Carddass game... the fourth DCD set, at the end of July, will allow God grade Appmon to be got.

Then we get some Appmon chip details...
All the chips in the next set will be rarity R or higher.
A new UGR chip of Gaiamon will also be released .

We get some good images of both.

Then some tri. stuff....

Image Thumbnail (custom)

An interview with Hanae and Matsumoto regarding both of them being Taichi. (Chunks of this same interview appear in various places. Unfortunately garm simply doesn't have the time to translate this at the moment.)

Various basic stage play details are included, and we get a look at nice art of Jesmon from tri. Part 5.

Time for more Hacker's Memory also!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

A number of new details...

First is some new Hacker's Memory characters:
Mysterious Hacker: K - A mysterious man donning a mask, he proposes to the protagonist that they should cooperate. What exactly is his motive..!?
Returning from Cyber Sleuth is... Former executive of Zaxon: Jimmy KEN - Who is also active in a visual-kei band. A hacker that tries to act cool.
and his Digimon, Boltmon: An Ultimate level Digimon whose insides were mechanically modified.

Various Game Modes: Ranking Battle, Event Battle (battles that can be done for a limited time), Free Rule Battle (for playing with friends), Coin Shop (for buying accessories to put on your Digimon; you get coins as you battle online.)

Update- Some official English materials for the above from Bandai Europe. Thanks to Gematsu.

Jimmy Ken & K
Hackers in the Digital World are divided into groups with different objectives. Some of them will cooperate, other ones will fight against each other in order to destroy the dimensional barriers and invade the real world. For example, the largest hacker group named “Zaxon” will strongly fight to protect the Digital World.
But one member, Jimmy Ken, is unsatisfied with the management of the group so he decided to create his own group called “Demons.”

Confusion reigns in the Digital World especially with this mysterious hacker named K who wants to chase the criminal who is hunting for your account.

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

Various Details Regarding Battles
Network Battles: In Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth Hacker’s Memory players will be able to battle against each other with the Digimon they have trained. The Network Battle experience has been enhanced with a Rank Battle mode with pre-determined rules and rating points.

Rules for Event Battle will change every 2 weeks. This special mode won’t affect players’ score and they will be rewarded with items.

In the Free Rule Battle, players will be able to create a room with its own rules and invite up to 8 friends.

The coins earned from the Rank and Event Battle modes can be used in the Coin Shop to purchase accessories to equip your Digimon or change the appearance of your character in the online mode.
And we finish the update with high res art of the Digimon wearing hat items.

Terriermon clearly knows what's going on. This is a golden age of Digimon. (To say nothing of the trio in the screenshot above on their journey to become king of the pirates.)

The last page is product info!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

For Linkz they bring up how X-Antibody Digimon are finally appearing.

We also get some additional details about some upcoming products... (much of this we knew, just listing it here for those who may have missed it.)

First up, the V-Pet artbook is still scheduled to go up for pre-order on July 28th for 4500 yen.

The 20th V-Pet details appears to be all stuff we've seen previously but we do have something NOT from V-Jump regarding the V-Pets...

With D-1 registration beginning in Japan tomorrow, the Digimon Twitter has revealed the prize for the winner of the D-1 Grand Prix...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

A shikishi of Tyranomon by Kenji Watanabe.

Update-A prize update.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

In addition to the prize for first place, they've updated with a prize that will be given to other high scorers/performers (they don't exactly qualify what that means though.)

The prize for these other high ranking players will be a print of a different Tyranomon shikishi by Kenji Watanabe.

They also go over ordering details for the second Digivolving Spirits figure, MetalGarurumon.
Pre-ordering will begin on August 1st, 2017 and they still plan for it to come out in January 2018.
It will cost 7776 yen.

And for the upcoming 20th card set they show off cards featuring new Kenji Watanabe art of Agumon and Tyranomon. We first saw this art recently, but weren't sure where they planned to use it exactly (even if being on cards seemed obviously.)

Not to much exciting in this issue, mostly clarifications and a few additional small details.

Oh wait... there is one more thing... Appmon fans might want to turn away if they want to avoid spoilers... but then I did warn you up above... (although I'm not sure how spoilery the image itself is...)

From the newest chapter of the Appmon manga...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

In and of itself the image isn't super spoilery without context... and there is only one line of text...

It's Leviathan!!!!

It's possible this won't apply to the anime... but who knows 'shrugs'

Thanks to ukyou for the V-Jump images and garm for the translated bits.

saifors

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
One of the Hacker-s Memory scrrenshots shows Pandamon, which is new. Unfortunately The quality is to blurry to see the battle preview, same goes for the party team in the screenshot to the middle left of the bottom line of screenshots, the first 2 can be made out as Paildramon and Silphymon but the 3rd one isn-t recognizable, from the colours it could be Volcanomon or Shakkoumon but I can't tell.

@Vpet section. Interresting that after all these years Coronamon and Lunamon still don't have art made by kenji watanabe and still use the dawn and dusk promotional art.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Added a bit more to the V-Pet section that isn't from V-Jump.

It's just a small D-1 related detail that isn't 'quite' enough to make a new thread, but it's very exciting.

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Leviathan
, I have no doubt on becoming his follower now.

Solomon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Last edited:

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
the first 2 can be made out as Paildramon and Silphymon but the 3rd one isn-t recognizable, from the colours it could be Volcanomon or Shakkoumon but I can't tell.
It's Shakkoumon.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
You guys can skip spoiler tags from here on out.

Any discussion of it will either have to many tags to make the conversation work, or people will figure out what's in the picture regardless.

Blaze Master

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I just noticed it on that Groundramon image. It might be Wingdramon.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The Tyranomon shikishi board probably explains why the D-1 Grand Prix is a Japan-only event >.>
More likely they have nothing really to do with eachother to be honest.

They don't even sell the 20th V-Pets in most countries. People have to deal with specialized intermediaries to even buy one.

salman332

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I just notice Charismon eyes actually exist on Gaiamon body, also, why does that sword pose feel really familiar?

Monox D. I-Fly

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I have a Facebook friend who is a big Battle Spirits fan, and the news about Digimon and Battle Spirits collaboration has been around for about a month. In fact, I wondered why WtW didn't post anything about it before this thread. By the way, look at the WarGreymon art:

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Isn't that the WarGreymon art from the Appmon Card Game? Does this mean that Battle Spirits will cover Appmon as well? So far, there's no any info about that.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
We have posted about it before.

We are posting an update about it because there is new relevant information that we were sent. We don't do a new news post for 'every' image that appears on the internet. We didn't post about the WarGreymon art, which has shown up for awhile, because at least for the moment, it appears it's stand in artwork. This isn't uncommon for products, but we won't know for 100% fact until the card images are out, although it's worth mentioning it appears the sheet you've posted also says it's all going to be new art also.

I've also changed the image tag you used, we don't need a massive image taking up the entire page.

If you think we haven't posted news, you're welcome to PM it to us so we can go over it in detail and post anything relevant. A small chunk is sent by people, which is why they are credited in various articles.

Added the sales sheet image you've provided to the news, along with translations from garm.

GrungeCat

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It fills me with so much joy to see Hacker's Memory channeling Paul Stanley. I didn't even know this was something I would ever want to see, but oh boy. If we can get Peter Criss a Digimon as well I'll die happy.

Also the Jessmon artwork is a really nice change of pace for some Tri news...he looks really nice with the extra-spikey design. He will be sure to poke many things.

Rohan

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Very interested in that Hacker's Memory news.

"K" looks so much like villain material.

kkanbara

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Daaaaamn this looks pretty

Does anyone know when we're getting that UGR Gaiamon chip -- is it in the 6.0 box, or will distribution be different?

Garmmon

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Does anyone know when we're getting that UGR Gaiamon chip -- is it in the 6.0 box, or will distribution be different?
Most likely it won't be part of 6.0; they state that it's part of the web campaign (like the other UGR chips up till now), they will only be making 3000 of this chip.
I don't have a bandai account so idk the exact details on how to get the UGR chips, but from what I understand you use your applidrive to applink appmon and somehow register them on your account on the appmon site using the app. And if you win or something they'll send you the chip. (if anyone is more familiar with the site feel free to correct me haha)

kkanbara

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Most likely it won't be part of 6.0; they state that it's part of the web campaign (like the other UGR chips up till now), they will only be making 3000 of this chip.
I don't have a bandai account so idk the exact details on how to get the UGR chips, but from what I understand you use your applidrive to applink appmon and somehow register them on your account on the appmon site using the app. And if you win or something they'll send you the chip. (if anyone is more familiar with the site feel free to correct me haha)
Oh cool thanks! Seems pretty inaccessible though for someone who lives in North America and that's a shame