Digimon in May V-Jump- Adventure:, Card Game, Survive, & More!

SparkGold

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Shakomon could become MarinAngemon, although it's an odd fit.
Shakomon has a tiny nose and fangs and a slight difference in eye shape but otherwise they have the same head, just different color palettes. Shakomon is also a slime within the shell and MarineAngemon's fins are depicted as very transparent in official art which shows us that the membrane there is very thin and can easily apply to the rest of its body so that frailty and underdeveloped theme translates very well

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wow Shakomon? It felt like it's so unrealistic. Hope they bring some fame to Water types. Glad to see Shakomon got interesting artstyle. So cute.

The Chaos Entity

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The only reason "Cocytus" is associated with ice in the first place is because in Dante's portrayal of hell in which Cocytus is described as a frozen lake in the lowest circle.
And considering the yellow deck literally namedrops heaven, the contrast is probably not unintentional.
this seemed odd at first when you mentioned it as devil and demon Digimon seem like they would have their own color and how it would make the red deck an odd outlier to the contrasting themes then I realized - Earth, Heaven, and Hell are the naming conventions. So now the entire cardgame is hardcore to me with their naming by extension šŸ˜…
To be fair, I think they're probably referencing the attacks of three of Adventure's most famous Digimon - especially given the colours.
WarGreymon's Gaia Force (Terra Force)
MetalGarurumon's Cocytus Breath (Metal Wolf Claw)
HolyAngemon's Heaven's Gate (MagnaAngemon's Gate of Destiny)

So no more hardcore than Adventure's been since 1999 :p

GraveBride

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ohhh, you draw a card when you evolve too? Sounds like that could lead to some big stuff. Real excited for this game, and I hope the lower cost, extra card and inheritable abilities actually lead players to evolving quite a bit, I've noticed high level play of Pokemon and some other games with Evolutions as a mechanic has just led to players shunning Evos entirely for the strongest base forms. As an avid WIXOSS player I'm also always happy to see another Shield/Life Cloth like health mechanic, so Security looks great. I'm a little concerned about how the Memory mechanic will work in actual gameplay, but I do find it fascinating and do enjoy some tug-of-war like mechanics that leads to players not really playing on a traditional energy curve.

Still debating on if I'd wanna pick up the Blue or Yellow deck first though. Also real tempted to just wait and see what we get from Green, and hoping for a fifth Black/Purple sort of color.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
HolyAngemon's Heaven's Gate (MagnaAngemon's Gate of Destiny)
Not to mention Heaven's Knuckle, Seven Heavens, Heaven's Charm from the deck's other main line... I've always found it funny that Dante's Cocytus is reserved for traitors, given that MetalGarurumon briefly betrays his allies in Adventure.

Last edited:

YongYoKyo

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The name "Cocytus" is used in the X-Antibody timeline, as the name of the lowest and deepest layer of the Dark Area where Keramon X was sealed away.

Wickling

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
YESSSSSSSSSS SYAKOMON THANK YOUUUU HABU, so many of my personal favorite rookies and possibly lines are in the main cast i can almost cry, dokunemon, syakomon, labramon, Dokunemon(kuwaga line finally good?!), dracmon(i think this is our first main cast dark digimon without being antagonistic before joining), lopmon and floramon god i'm gonna cry if theres actual character deaths or something and i lose one of these.

Touya

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The Starter Deck names are definitely from Gaia Force, Cocytus Breath, and Heaven's Knuckle, as those are the signature attacks of the decks' cover cards.

So is that Dracomon confirmed for Gaia Red? Honestly surprised to see any Digimon outside of the Agumon and Biyomon lines lol.
There are three slots left in the deck's setlist, and Draco and Coredramon fit the starter decks' overall pattern of grouping all the Digimon of the same level together. Assuming Hououmon is Gaia Red's 12k vanilla, the full list presumably looks like this:
NUMBERNAMERARITYTYPEENTRY COSTEVOLUTION COSTLEVELPOWER
ST1-01KoromonCommonDigitama----2--
ST1-02Dracomon?Digimon?034000
ST1-03AgumonCommonDigimon3032000
ST1-04Piyomon?Digimon20?2000
ST1-05BirdramonCommonDigimon4245000
ST1-06Coredramon?Digimon???6000
ST1-07GreymonCommonDigimon5244000
ST1-08GarudamonUncommonDigimon6337000
ST1-09Metal GreymonUncommonDigimon6337000
ST1-10Hououmon?Digimon102612000
ST1-11War GreymonSuper RareDigimon124612000
ST1-12Yagami TaichiCommonTamer2------
ST1-13Shadow WingCommonOption1------
ST1-14Starlight ExplosionCommonOption2------
ST1-15Option card?Option????
ST1-16Gaia ForceUncommonOption8------
Given that they've been avoiding showing main booster set cards in V Jump so far, it's very likely these are Gaia Red cards and not from BT1.

Sarabande__

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Survive's full squad! I love every mons they chose to represent each type.
Yep now hopefully the next thing we see is the release date. There couldn't possibly be anything else they wanna show us could there.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hey guys did you notice how girls in Survive matching to their digimon partners in color? While the boys didn't match to their partners. I find it pretty cool and interesting.

I just realized, does Miu have to carry Shakomon during the journey? lol

Grimmon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Any idea when we would be seeing the full-cast art of Survive in proper quality? Like, were the unveilings of the art proper for previous profiles timed specifically to coincide with the V-jump releases or something?

Nightwing

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The Starter Deck names are definitely from Gaia Force, Cocytus Breath, and Heaven's Knuckle, as those are the signature attacks of the decks' cover cards.

So is that Dracomon confirmed for Gaia Red? Honestly surprised to see any Digimon outside of the Agumon and Biyomon lines lol.
There are three slots left in the deck's setlist, and Draco and Coredramon fit the starter decks' overall pattern of grouping all the Digimon of the same level together. Assuming Hououmon is Gaia Red's 12k vanilla, the full list presumably looks like this:
NUMBERNAMERARITYTYPEENTRY COSTEVOLUTION COSTLEVELPOWER
ST1-01KoromonCommonDigitama----2--
ST1-02Dracomon?Digimon?034000
ST1-03AgumonCommonDigimon3032000
ST1-04Piyomon?Digimon20?2000
ST1-05BirdramonCommonDigimon4245000
ST1-06Coredramon?Digimon???6000
ST1-07GreymonCommonDigimon5244000
ST1-08GarudamonUncommonDigimon6337000
ST1-09Metal GreymonUncommonDigimon6337000
ST1-10Hououmon?Digimon102612000
ST1-11War GreymonSuper RareDigimon124612000
ST1-12Yagami TaichiCommonTamer2------
ST1-13Shadow WingCommonOption1------
ST1-14Starlight ExplosionCommonOption2------
ST1-15Option card?Option????
ST1-16Gaia ForceUncommonOption8------
Given that they've been avoiding showing main booster set cards in V Jump so far, it's very likely these are Gaia Red cards and not from BT1.
Thanks for the response, and they definitely make sense for the deck given those open spots in the set list (open spots I didn't realize were there, pretty cool stuff).

Excited to see what counterparts might be in Blue or Yellow (I only just realized Unimon was confirmed for the latter, so I wonder what Level 3 we could see there). Either way, I think it's pretty good news to see Dracomon so soon.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Any idea when we would be seeing the full-cast art of Survive in proper quality? Like, were the unveilings of the art proper for previous profiles timed specifically to coincide with the V-jump releases or something?
The previous two people took screen caps from trailers as they were shown at the end of trailers last time. So maybe the next trailer will have the full art at the end.

AppliFang

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
We still need a steel/mechanic type right? Maybe the Evil>turned good kid? hmm lol

Grimmon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
We still need a steel/mechanic type right? Maybe the Evil>turned good kid? hmm lol
Jazamon? Could be the 3rd Data type mon that's missing.
Or it could be an elemental, like Candmon or Gotsumon.

The previous two people took screen caps from trailers as they were shown at the end of trailers last time. So maybe the next trailer will have the full art at the end.
Thanks for this!

Sarabande__

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Nah man we don't need anymore I want them to keep some stuff for the game Instead of showing us everything I do hope there's plenty more we haven't seen and I'm sure there will be a mechanic type or something like that but all we want now is a release date nothing else. The build up to this game is massive now.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah! I hope they keep this up every new game with this pattern!

Agumon (Vaccine) - Dinosaur / Reptile
Falcomon (Vaccine) - Bird / Flying Beast
Labramon (Vaccine) - Beast / Demon Beast / Holy Beast
Kunemon (Virus) - Insect only (?)
Floramon (Data) - Plant only (?)
Lopmon (Data) - may be same as Labramon but it may include Holy types more
Dracmon (Virus) - Demon / Demon Beast / Mutant (?)
Shakomon (Virus) - Marine / Marine Animal / other types involved with Water

So yeah the Machine or Mutant type didn't get a chance. Importantly, Labramon and Lopmon's type and evolution routes are sorta too similar...
3 Vaccine. 3 Virus. 2 Data... Maybe there'll be a new hidden character with Data type partner in later journey to get befriended?

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don't think there will be a robot in the main cast. It just copying season one. The brother is the most likely to be the evil turns good or whatever.

Grimmon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah! I hope they keep this up every new game with this pattern!

Importantly, Labramon and Lopmon's type and evolution routes are sorta too similar...
I agree. It would be great if the remained faithful to such a pattern and they kept piecing together new lines from new and old digimon.

For me the token types of monsters should be:
- Reptile
- Mammal
- Bird
- Aquatic (preferably not mammal)
- Bug
- Plant
- Humanoid/Mutant/Alien
- Animated Object/Machine/Material
Angelic and demonic creatures could coincide with any of those types.

For this specific cast I'd have gone with Hagurumon, Ryudamon and Gotsumon instead of Dracmon, Agumon and Lopmon, because justice for Ryudamon, it's been almost retconned out of existence and then I'd have Dorumon too as the 9th mon because it belongs with Ryudamon and not in place of it.

I wonder if Kakudou's discarded seasons for Adventure would make good Survive games.

Last edited:

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
because justice for Ryudamon, it's been almost retconned out of existence and then I'd have Dorumon too as the 9th mon because it belongs with Ryudamon and not in place of it.
? Ryudamon's evo line says hello in Hacker's Memory. Unless if you are talking about Digimon Chronicle X, Yuuji was there and all Ryudamon's line in X3...