MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Even more to go over!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

This is one of the bigger V-Jumps in recent memory.

On top of the new stuff, we've added translations for all the new Digimon Adventure: anime and card game content here.

For the rest of this issue...

Survive has a few things...

We get introduced to another pair of characters!

Shuji Kayama, voiced Yuya Hirose (Yuta from SSSS.Gridman)
Shuuji- A highly trustworthy leader?!
He is the oldest with a serious-minded personality, but when he tries to protect his friends...
Lopmon, voiced by Naomi Ozora (Satania in Gabriel Dropout, Chieri Ogata in Cinderella Girls, and Chika in Cyber Sleuth)
Lopmon: A beast monster with an innocent, young-like personality.

It also goes over how using your smartphone camera will allow you to see things you can't otherwise see.

There is also some teaser text that basically says nothing minus 'Change characters!' with no clarification beyond that.

Digimon Survive can currently be pre-ordered at Amazon.com: (affiliate links)
Digimon Survive for PS4
Digimon Survive for Switch
Digimon Survive for Xbox One

Survive is currently scheduled for 2020.

ReArise also shows off Agumon and V-mon with Taichi style goggles, along with Stingmon and Paildramon.

Next up is a page for Kizuna.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

A new future created by Kizuna (bonds)!!
This is Taichi, Agumon, and the gang's last story! We will be introducing the mysterious Digimon that holds the key!!

Eosmon: A new Digimon! The cause of the incidents?! A mysterious Digimon stealing people's consciousness! It acts behind the scenes and causes disturbances!
Summary of movie: People all over the world are losing consciousness! With Menoa, who researches Digimon, Taichi and the others set out to solve the case, but...?!
What is Taichi and Yamato's future?!
Even Omegamon takes up battle in this emergency situation!
The new Digivice will appear in the CSA (Complete Selection Animation) series!

The glowing Digivice that appeared in the latest promotional video! It comes with new voice recordings, made just like the movie! For more info, check the Premium Bandai webpage!

Only available at Premium Bandai! Pre-orders to be taken beginning February 21!
The CSA mold is back for this new Digivice, showing off it glowing and cracking and has a nice look to it (and it's gone back to the tri. style antennae instead of the '99' one.

And then last up....

Image Thumbnail (custom)

A look at a few other products...

The "Collab Booster Digimon LAST EVOLUTION" pack is planned to be sold Feb 29, 2020.

The booster pack is 300 yen + tax (6 cards in one pack), while the booster sold in vending machines is 200 yen (4 cards in one set)

The cards will come with elaborate illustrations drawn by famous illustrators. It's a collaboration to commemorate the movie's opening, and includes Digimon that appear in "02." You'd be able to make decks pertaining to "Taichi & Yamato" and/or "Daisuke & Ken." There are plans to make new powerful cards in the future.

Update- V-Jump has posted a correction on their website regarding the image of the Agumon card. The image of the card had an error.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

The left is as shown in the magazine, the right is the corrected image. The image they posted has been reformatted for easier side by side viewing.

"Super Metallic Poster" as a collector's item. It's an A5 size poster with a "super cool illustration" that you can purchase from a Jumbo Carddass vending machine. Planned to be available Feb 2020, at 200 yen each. There are 8 types in total.
And the Digimon Card Premium Edition gets a new release!
--"Digimon Card Premium Edition ~Last Evolution Kizuna~ Carddass ver/ Card game ver.
Premium card sets with all new cards! The card sets come with 6 cards and a file. One set has a file with Taichi, Yamato, Daisuke, and their Digimon; the other set has Omegamon, V-mon, and Stingmon. If you buy both sets at the same time, you'll receive a special bonus item (unknown). Planned to be sold Feb 2020 at movie theaters. Each set is 1200 yen, both sets are 2400 yen.
The information about the novels at the bottom is details we already know.

And as mentioned above, the major V-Jump content this month was the new Digimon Adventure: anime and card game content, which is all here.

Lots of stuff this month!

Thanks to onkei for translations. The source for the images appears to be Tsurugi (not our Tsurugi, I think...)

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The ReArise stuff is in reference to the upcoming Last Evolution cross promotion event in which you get a Veemon (and I guess an Agumon as well) wearing goggles for doing the collab event (Davis was shown as part of it as well on the in game screens and stuff)

whilst Stingmon/Paildramon is promotion for the upcoming DFQ Side Quest in which a Stingmon (not kens) is the main character (and I guess he turns into Paildramon in it... without an ExVeemon it seems? poor DinoBeemon!)

Anyway as for Survive, Lopmon as a partner disapoints me as its not really an underused Digimon and has been a partner Digimon in a few games in a row now. oh well

also, smart phone integration? huh wonder how that'll work. not that ill be able to do so, since my iphone will be way too outdated.

Ragnalord

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Woohoo, I am loving all this new digimon news, I thought I would not hear anything about it for a very long time after x3.

This is like living in heaven right now, give me give me more give me more give me give me more :)

Rohan

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I figured Shuuji looked too distinct in the opening movie trailer to not be a party member. I like Lopmon (moreso than Terriermon) so I'm not disappointed that it is his partner.

Muur said:
also, smart phone integration? huh wonder how that'll work. not that ill be able to do so, since my iphone will be way too outdated.
I don't think they mean the player's smartphone, but rather the MC's. Could you even link a smartphone to consoles?

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I figured Shuuji looked too distinct in the opening movie trailer to not be a party member. I like Lopmon (moreso than Terriermon) so I'm not disappointed that it is his partner.

Muur said:
I don't think they mean the player's smartphone, but rather the MC's. Could you even link a smartphone to consoles?
Xbox 360 and Xbox One had Smart Glass (which was pushed for a while in a lot of games for mobile/console features), and a few PS4/Xbox One games have used apps to allow you to connect to the games. so its possible if they want to do it

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Damn that some good news.

Lopmon again? This artstyle made him look a bit different. It's like feeding him too much enough to enlarge up its spine and fattening.

Stealing all over consciousnesses in the whole world? Whoa quite powerful enough to be good equal to Bryweludramon I guess? Maybe?

Ah that background behind Vmon brought good old memories. But why flowers for Wormmon? We already have Palmon yo

flintlock

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What are you guys talking about? You can clearly see a screenshot in game if the protagonist holding up his cellphone to see hidden things as a gameplay mechanic.

Rohan

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Anyways, whilst I had initially pegged Ryo as the first potential casualty. I'm now leaning towards it being Shuji since aside from his description ominously trailing off when he tries to protect everyone...the "leader" in these types of stories often dies off so that the rookie MC can fill in the role to show some meagre character development.

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Anyways, whilst I had initially pegged Ryo as the first potential casualty. I'm now leaning towards it being Shuji since aside from his description ominously trailing off when he tries to protect everyone...the "leader" in these types of stories often dies off so that the rookie MC can fill in the role to show some meagre character development.
Yeah ive played a game or two that did that actually. and that ominous cut off point is a weird one.

its also noticeable that Wendigomon is in this game. Shuuji to die, Lopmon to dark evolve to Wendigomon, and then Wendigo has to be put out of its misery?

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh nice theory for that. But isn't it kinda too cruel for Lopmon?

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh nice theory for that. But isn't it kinda too cruel for Lopmon?
This is a game about people dying and being killed and is apparently aimed at the 25+ year old crowd.

So I say nah.

Someone is going to canonically die in the first chapter, and I feel like their Digimon will go with them (as well as any Digimon/Humans who die in "non canon" alternate endings)

shiramomo

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The digivice scene in kizuna, did we get it yet? The latest promotional video doesn't have a scene like that as i recalled. If there were, could you guys point it out?? Thank you so much!

Deep Saver

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Lopmon eh? Well I really like Lopmon and think it is a good choice. I am kind of inclined to agree with you guys that Shuuji will be the guy to get murdered in the tutorial though, and Wendimon does not feel like it is a good sign for Lopmon either. I canā€™t wait for this game!

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh my Zeus. At this rate, there'll be a new despair meme for Lopmon. Like that "What's my purpose" robot from a certain show there.

But I have to agree, something so suspicious about that last line of Shuuji....

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
that opening trailer showed the old guy appearing to be attacked by a large group of digimon. maybe thats the canon chapter one death? they get to the DW, have some fun, but then find the old guy dead. then a main character isnt killed off canonically and you can save everyone in the canon ending lol

Tarama

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Kinda out of topic but can somebody please help me to understand why V-Jump March was released in January?
It seems like the schedule is like that every year in every monthly release..

I tried to google it but I got no answer. Thank you very much.

Katsu Hikaru

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I can honestly see Shuji taking a dark turn which results in u fighting him depending on the choices u make would be a really cool yet sad twist in the story or Lopmon going berserk if he gets killed.

Honestly don't mind Lopmon since most just go up to perfect for some strange reason.

I also wonder if he's the last character because i assume after this we will get more information about Shuji then a possible release date hopefully.

Last edited:

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I also wonder if he's the last character because i assume after this we will get more information about Shuji then a possible release date hopefully.
in terms of named characters we still have miu, though I guess its possible she is a side character and doesnt really do anything.

then there's miu's brother.

then there' the girl with black hair who sings in the trailer.

and then the final releveant character would be the old man who seems to get attacked in the opening movie. theyre all the characters who spoke with a VA in the trailer

Katsu Hikaru

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
in terms of named characters we still have miu, though I guess its possible she is a side character and doesnt really do anything.

and then the final releveant character would be the old man who seems to get attacked in the opening movie. theyre all the characters who spoke with a VA in the trailer
So i guess we still got awhile to go possibly i truly hope this game will be worth the wait because that will be extremely disappointing but i still have high hopes since it feels like they're really trying to make sure this game is at its best instead of releasing a buggy game like Anthem and just fix the issues as the game went on.šŸ˜–

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

So i guess we still got awhile to go possibly i truly hope this game will be worth the wait because that will be extremely disappointing but i still have high hopes since it feels like they're really trying to make sure this game is at its best instead of releasing a buggy game like Anthem and just fix the issues as the game went on.ļ˜–
weve been getting a lot of info lately, I Think it'll be out around june-august. there's a digimon event in a few days, they might drop the release date there. habu RTed the news of the event, so there'll likely be some digimon game stuff announced.