Digimon in June V-Jump- Survive, Booster Set 10, Frontier Dim Cards, Illustration Competition, & Alphamon Model Kit

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
vjumpjune02_april21_2022.jpg
vjumpjune01_april21_2022.jpg

It's time for all the new Digimon content from the June 2021 cover dated issue of V-Jump!

The first two pages go over Digimon Survive.

It goes over basic details for the game such as story, characters, some gameplay elements we've seen before.

It also has the release date announcement (US version), also detailing the Guilmon pre-order bonus. More Survive details including on Guilmon here and here.

Digimon Survive is out July 28th in Japan and July 29th worldwide.

Digimon Survive can be pre-ordered at Amazon.com: (affiliate links)
Digimon Survive for Switch
Digimon Survive for PS4
Digimon Survive for Xbox One

vjumpjune04_april21_2022.jpg
vjumpjune03_april21_2022.jpg

Then we get a Xros Heart spread for Booster Set 10 showing off Taiki and a stack of Digimon, with a focus on Shoutmon and his Xros forms.

vjumpjune06_april21_2022.jpg
vjumpjune05_april21_2022.jpg

Booster Set 10 previews comes with another spread, this time featuring Blue Flare. It shows off Kiriha and Greymon, with various Xros forms.

We previously saw early photos of all the cards previewed.

Previous previews for Booster Set 10 Xros Encounter:
Packaging, Shoutmon, Shoutmon x4, Taiki, & More
Dorulumon & Ballistamon
Pickmons & Starmons
Gaossmon & MailBirdramon
Troopmon & MadLeomon
Bosamon & Angoramon
SymbareAngoramon & Ruli
Breaclaw & Pyon Dump
Sanzomon
Venusmon & Healing Therapy
Tyutyumon & Damemon
Bunbun Fist
Magazine Previews- Sparrowmon, Shoutmon x5, Shoutmon x5B, Kiriha, Greymon, & MetalGreymon
Blucomon & Regalecusmon
Assaultmon & Cannondramon
Asuramon & PileVolcamon
Shoutmon x5 & Sparrowmon & DeckerGreymon Magazine Preview

Booster Set 10 Xros Encounter will be out on May 27th.

vjumpjune08_april21_2022.jpg
vjumpjune07_april21_2022.jpg

A 2 page spread showing off the EX3 Dim Cards, featuring the main characters from Digimon Frontier. There isn't anything new here, but it shows off all 6 Dim Cards along with the forms people most likely want to see.

In the bottom left of the spread it has a small bit explaining what Digimon Frontier is.

Previous details about the EX3 Dim Cards can be found here.

vjumpjune09_april21_2022.jpg

The winner of the Digimon Illustration Competition gets a nice display, featuring the Lilymon artwork. The total list of winners can be found here.

And V-Jump finishes off with a preview of the Alphamon model kit. Previous details on the kit can be found here.

A very calm V-Jump this month, with a bunch of card game fun, plus that nice illustration spread.

Thanks to IxLovexDigimon for the images.

Attachments

• article.jpg
    article.jpg
    193.9 KB · Views: 8,401
Last edited:

Bancho

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ah, Minoru, the character I'm excited to meet the most!
I find it interesting how Aoi Shibuya (Labramon girl) is featured prominently next to the protagonist. It makes it seem to me like she's going to play a more leadership role in the story than the other supporting characters.
It feels so good to see Survive in V-Jump again! It's been so long!

Last edited:

Muur

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Weird that Aoi gets a bigger art and profile than the others, either she's super important or it's a swerve and she dies in chapter 1 and this is to try and throw us off.

Noni

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Weird that Aoi gets a bigger art and profile than the others, either she's super important or it's a swerve and she dies in chapter 1 and this is to try and throw us off.
She is in charge of the food and base for the group in-game, so is likely she will be the character you will be seeing most often when returning from the game tasks.

Muur

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
She is in charge of the food and base for the group in-game, so is likely she will be the character you will be seeing most often when returning from the game tasks.
Until a Dokugumon eats her

Rohan

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
To dredge up the ol' SMT: Devil Survivor comparisons, Aoi gives me Atsuro vibes in which he would act as the mouthpiece for the Protagonist and is the one Party member who wouldn't betray you no matter what decisions you made.

:unsure:

G-SANtos

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If the other four Hybrid families also get DiM cards, this could be a perfect opportunity to give them Advanced forms. Also, these DiM cards would be a good opportunity to give Child forms to everyone else besides Fire and Light.
The Louwemon DiM is porbably going to have Duskmon and Velgrmon too, so they could also create an Advanced form for them, but they're likely going to ignore that and just use Raihimon again.

Muur

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If the other four Hybrid families also get DiM cards, this could be a perfect opportunity to give them Advanced forms. Also, these DiM cards would be a good opportunity to give Child forms to everyone else besides Fire and Light.
The Louwemon DiM is porbably going to have Duskmon and Velgrmon too, so they could also create an Advanced form for them, but they're likely going to ignore that and just use Raihimon again.
The full rosters are already known for the DIMs, we didn't get any new Digimon. The evil hybrids are included with the others in these sets.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I guess now the big thing to look for in here is Survive since ReArise is gone. But nice info on it. Always like to see these.

MechaMadness

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm a really big fan of how the main cast of Survive looks, I like pretty much all of their designs so I'm eager to see how they turn out. Always got a bigger sense of importance from Aoi so it's not that surprising to me to see her get special focus here, though I will say that Minoru also stood out to me and he's bundled with the rest so yeah, suppose that's moot.

Geode

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I’m excited for Survive and the Frontier DIMs but why is there still no mentioning about Heaven or Karma Gods status, there’s still no confirmation if there canceled yet?

Tarama

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If I don't count it wrong, with Frontier Dims, we already have 407 digimon of 1000+ in Vital Bracelet. That's pretty impressive number.
I can expect favorite digimon like Shoutmon, all anniversary mascots, Savers protagonists (maybe combined with Next), will get their Dims. Not to mention the digimon like Patamon and Tailmon.
I hope all Armor digimon will get theirs as well. I would love to see all 6 of 02 partners have their own Dims full of Armors.

Noni

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If I don't count it wrong, with Frontier Dims, we already have 407 digimon of 1000+ in Vital Bracelet. That's pretty impressive number.
I can expect favorite digimon like Shoutmon, all anniversary mascots, Savers protagonists (maybe combined with Next), will get their Dims. Not to mention the digimon like Patamon and Tailmon.
I hope all Armor digimon will get theirs as well. I would love to see all 6 of 02 partners have their own Dims full of Armors.
Has any digimon videogame ever had all of them in it? If not this could be the first opportunity for them to have sprites for all of them.

Although I think the games with 3D digimon probably recycle the 3D models, it would be silly not to.

Muur

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Has any digimon videogame ever had all of them in it? If not this could be the first opportunity for them to have sprites for all of them.

Although I think the games with 3D digimon probably recycle the 3D models, it would be silly not to.
Digital Monster Ver.S technically had every Digimon in it that existed at the time

Noni

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
After I replied it occurred to me the older ones probably would meet that criteria far easier.

Hydranoid413

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
X4 is half Yellow, X5 is half Black and X5B is half Purple, so X2 will probably be half Green, X4 half Yellow, X4B half Purple same as X5B, X4K half Yellow or Black, and X7 half Blue

Mattman324

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Digital Monster Ver.S technically had every Digimon in it that existed at the time
Not true, by the time it had released Ver 5 had been out for a month and it had none of those.

Geode

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wonder if we'll see Donedevimon, Negamon/Abaddomon, and Nidhoggmon in survive, and Fanglongmon, Armageddomon, & Lucemon SM would be great final bosses for each different ending right. Like how they use a different final boss for multiple endings in Devil Survivor.

Muur

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wonder if we'll see Donedevimon, Negamon/Abaddomon, and Nidhoggmon in survive, and Fanglongmon, Armageddomon, & Lucemon SM would be great final bosses for each different ending right. Like how they use a different final boss for multiple endings in Devil Survivor.
They've said in the past the roster is the first thing they think of, so if the roster of 113 was decided in 2018 there will not be any Digimon from after 2018 in it. They even said back in 2018 they planned to only have 100 Digimon in the game. I'm 99% certain there will be no Digimon that existed after 2018 with the exception of Digimon made for Survive. As for a main boss, probably a new Digimon or Digital Lifeform. This game was supposed to release more than a year before episode 1 of the reboot. Before even Kizuna.

Geode

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
They've said in the past the roster is the first thing they think of, so if the roster of 113 was decided in 2018 there will not be any Digimon from after 2018 in it. They even said back in 2018 they planned to only have 100 Digimon in the game. I'm 99% certain there will be no Digimon that existed after 2018 with the exception of Digimon made for Survive. As for a main boss, probably a new Digimon or Digital Lifeform. This game was supposed to release more than a year before episode 1 of the reboot. Before even Kizuna.
That’s sounds like waste after all the delays they went through, do they already even know which Digimon they are appearing in the game besides the revealed ones but are keeping secret?