Digimon in July V-Jump- Card Game, V-Tamer, ReArise, Adventure:, & New V-Pet

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

After some early previews of the Digimon content in the July 2020 issue of V-Jump we finally have all of it to look at (minus the manga chapter itself, which we won't be posting.)

We'll add additional translations where needed later, but it appears this issue is 'mostly' straightforward since the bigger things we knew about.

First up is the Digimon Card Game.

We get a 2 spread spread going over Booster Set 1, which just came out last week. There is a heavy focus on the parallel cards. There is also a small section at the bottom showing some basic card game elements and the starter decks which came out awhile ago.

Next up we get a bit more card game content, focused around the Taichi and Zeromaru promo cards that came with the issue, and a preview of Booster Set 2. We already went over these in detail since this page was released a few days early. You can find those details here.

The next page shows off a preview of new ReArise content. We get to see a number of familiar Digimon like Goddramon, Holydramon, etc. along with a preview of game story content.

At the bottom left of the page is the teaser for the new Z series V-Pet we found out about a few days ago.

There actually isn't really any new information here we weren't aware of. The only new detail is that the silhouette of the new V-Pets looks to be of a Digimon Pendulum, so... reusing the 20th Pendulum shell for the new one the same way the 20th V-Pet shell was used for the X series V-Pets?

Then we get an anime and manga spread.

The anime section looks to be some basics about Digimon Adventure:, likely to keep it fresh in the mind while it's on hiatus.

The upcoming June 2nd pre-order of the Digivice: is also mentioned.

The opposite page is an introduction to V-Tamer, along with pointing out all 9 volumes are currently available.

We also get a repeat of the Adventure: promotional flier turned into a spread, as we've seen a few other times in the past.

And for the end of the content...

The manga begins, with a full color coversheet, and inbetween the pages you can see the protective paper insert that holds both promo cards.

We have a clean version of the coversheet here. You can also find nice big versions of the cards here.

A bunch of Digimon stuff this time, with the big things being news of a new V-Pet, and a nice stack of fun V-Tamer stuff!

And while not quite content, one more image...

From earlier in the issue, them showing where various special things in the magazine are, which includes the V-Tamer promo cards.

Thanks to TechnicalSuwako for the images.

Attachments

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That ReArise stuff is in relation to the four great dragons and is only their second story line appearance outside of All-Star Rumble, where only Magnadramon of that group showed up. its basically just about the Guilmon DFQ going on in the japanese version right now.

Hopefully we get some Survive stuff in Famitsu

SparkGold

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
is this the whole V-Tamer chapter in this issue?
I'm a bit let down that we're using Pendulum molds as that makes a higher quality screen display less likely. I am excited that it seems we're going to get some new Digimon tcg cards revealed soon, though, as the second booster pack is already being advertised!

Tarama

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It started from V-mon
skipping W, to XV-mon
skipping Y, to ZV-mon

The Z thing turns out to be V-mon/XV-mon's perfect level teaser, guys. Lol.

Jokes aside, it seems like it is just a new "regular" V-Pet.
All I can hope for now with this info is that they continue the story about Jesmon-Lucemon digitama. A new Lucemon, a natural carrier of X Antibody.

About V-Tamer crossover, I hope it can be a good start for Digimon to release a new manga series in the near future.

Let's hope for the best!

RogueX4

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I’m excited for the Series Z! Amplify that to 110% now that’s hinted that it’s recycling the Pendulum not v-pet casing! The Pendulum casing has been my favorite casing of all the virtual pets released. Now all that’s left is for it to be revealed to be tied in with Vtamers. That’d be insane!

Nightwing

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Jokes aside, it seems like it is just a new "regular" V-Pet.
All I can hope for now with this info is that they continue the story about Jesmon-Lucemon digitama. A new Lucemon, a natural carrier of X Antibody.
I think the Digitama that Jesmon will be raising is actually Keramon. Either way, I do really want that to be followed up on.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hey. More ReArise stuff. I recently did their thing where you finish all the story(or just 4 end levels) you get a butt load of gems and a Mega Egg. ...I used all those gems to get evo stuff so now I have a lot of Megas. Now let's see what those in the battle area think about it.

e105zeta

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I hope Keramon Holy form is going to be part of this V-pet. I'd like that 14th Royal Knight sooner than another decade.

Tortoiseshel

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I was just thinking, since the Digital Monster was set on File Island, and the Pendulum on Folder Continent, it'd be cool if this new "Z" pet was set on WWW Continent, or some other underexplored area of the Digital World. There's so much cool lore to the Digital World but it's all sooo underused outside of File Island.

VanChizzle

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I was just thinking, since the Digital Monster was set on File Island, and the Pendulum on Folder Continent, it'd be cool if this new "Z" pet was set on WWW Continent, or some other underexplored area of the Digital World. There's so much cool lore to the Digital World but it's all sooo underused outside of File Island.
Yeah this would actually be pretty cool. Would love to know more about more obscure places in that works.

The Chaos Entity

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
WWW has already been explored, though. It was the setting of...I think Collectors? Might have been the Cardass machines from the Savers era...
Either way, we've definitely been there.

Tortoiseshel

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think it was the Carddass machines that featured WWW, but those machines never left Asia I'm pretty sure, and there's hardly any documentation about the machines or the setting that I can find online, so I'd like it if they utilized it somewhere I can actually see/enjoy it.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The Cardass machines featured a world map that included File Island, Folder Continent, the Forest of the Gods, and WWW Continent (and I think the Trash Hole as well). But, yes, the game has been very poorly documented, and I doubt that it put much emphasis on setting in any case.

SparkGold

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
one unexplored setting I would love is Iliad. There's potential for so many new Digimon there