Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
vjumpjuly03_may22_2022.jpg
vjumpjuly02_may22_2022.jpg
vjumpjuly01_may22_2022.jpg

It's time for all the new Digimon content from the July 2022 cover dated issue of V-Jump!

The first three pages go over Booster Set 10, which is out in just a few days.

The first page has a focus on various Ghost Game elements of the set, with the main focus being Ruli and Angoramon.
Second is Shoutmon themed elements with Shoutmon King Version being the main focus.
Last up is a page focusing on various Jesmon related bits.

We have all the clean standard cards from Booster Set 10, which is out on May 27th.

vjumpjuly05_may22_2022.jpg
vjumpjuly04_may22_2022.jpg

Then we get a spread for Digimon Survive, which is just 2 months away! Much of the Survive details was covered by early info we got, along with press assets from the other day.

We do get a new character detailed though! The Professor. He's an associate professor who teaches forklore at a university. He looks at forklore from unique perspectives and has written a dissertation on the manner.

The Professor is played by Kazuhiro Yamaji, in his first Digimon role. Yamaji is a well known actor, but for just a handful of roles... Kei in Kamen Rider Blade, Cid in various FF7 related media, the Japanese voice of Wolverine in the live action films and the 9th Doctor in Doctor Who, G in Street Fighter, and Makoto in the Yakuza games.

A lottery to win Digimon Survive is also being run in tandem with another magazine. 300 copies total, 150 PS4 and 150 Switch, will be given away to those who fill out a postcard, attach the entry marker from the magazine (an Adventure screencap.)

vjumpjuly07_may22_2022.jpg
vjumpjuly06_may22_2022.jpg

A spread for the Digimon Frontier 20th anniversary!

It starts off with the Frontier 20th anniversary key art, along with a basic overview of the series, mentioning that the episodes were being put on Youtube temporarily for those in Japan to celebrate.

It also features a mention that while various Frontier collaboration/events are currently going on, more are planned.

The second page gives us our first look at the Frontier Graffart artwork for those products. Each human kid is featured, along with the human spirit Digimon. Various items from the series are also there, most noticeable the D-Scanners (upgraded for Takuya and Kouji, standard for everyone else.) Plus Bokomon and Neemon!

The Graffart products will show up in July and August.

It also shows off the current Limited Base event.

The Frontier section ends with a big chunk of a page for Dim Card Set EX3, with the main focus being on showing the sprites of KaiserGreymon, MagnaGarurumon, & Susanoomon.

vjumpjuly08_may22_2022.jpg

And we finish off with showing off the Digimon Adventure GEM rereleases:
Taichi & Greymon
Taichi & Agumon 20th Anniversary

And at the bottom corner we end with a mention of Digimon Dreamers being published in sister-magazine Saikyo Jump.

A fun V-Jump this month, lots of card stuff, a nice spread for Survive (slightly hampered that we knew most of it already), a really nice Frontier spread, and finishing off with some figure rereleases.

Thanks to IxLovexDigimon for the images.

Attachments

• article.jpg
    article.jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 14,381

Rohan

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Aha, I had figured that the old man was important after over-analysing the old trailer and noticing that you can see his pants and shoes in a shot of the MC talking to Floramon outside the abandoned school.

I'll be curious to see how he figures into the plot, presumably giving exposition but will he get a Digimon partner at all (even assuming he's non-playable) or will he die an unavoidable death. :unsure:

Muur

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So the professor I can see being one of two things since I guess they didn't feel like giving him a name, either he gives us a lore dump at the start and then dies like in the trailer or he's the main bad guy and the death isn't real and we see him 40 hours later and he's like teehee I'm evil and then we learn his real name

Rohan

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
^ INB4 as he leaves the party at the end of the game, he says that being called "Professor" is better than "Mameo" at least... :ROFLMAO:

G-SANtos

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So the professor I can see being one of two things since I guess they didn't feel like giving him a name
I think this is one of those things where a character is supposed to be mysterious before release, like "Mysterious Boy" (Yūgo), "Black Knit Cap Man" (Mameo), and even the Old Clock Shop Man from XW. Maybe his name is revealed early, but they want to keep a sense of mystery for marketing, if you get what I mean.

For a non-Digimon example, if I remember correctly Roxas's face and name were never revealed in the marketing for Kingdom Hearts II, and yet he's the playable character for the game's prologue.

Tetsuya Suoh

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wonder if we'll be getting a CSA D-Scanner. Personally, I'm not a huge fan if the CSA stuff, but airh Vital Bracelet filling the V-pet side of things I think that's all we can expect.

Muur

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So the professor I can see being one of two things since I guess they didn't feel like giving him a name
I think this is one of those things where a character is supposed to be mysterious before release, like "Mysterious Boy" (Yūgo), "Black Knit Cap Man" (Mameo), and even the Old Clock Shop Man from XW. Maybe his name is revealed early, but they want to keep a sense of mystery for marketing, if you get what I mean.

For a non-Digimon example, if I remember correctly Roxas's face and name were never revealed in the marketing for Kingdom Hearts II, and yet he's the playable character for the game's prologue.
Maybe he's related to one of the main characters then and as such revealing his name would be a big plot spoiler, so his name is like something Momozuka

as for Mameo, that still amuses me to this day they were like oh who is this guy but its like... obviously the guy from DW1

RyummaSama

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Maybe he's related to one of the main characters then and as such revealing his name would be a big plot spoiler, so his name is like something Momozuka

as for Mameo, that still amuses me to this day they were like oh who is this guy but its like... obviously the guy from DW1

Placing my bets that the Professor's ends up being Mameo

Dynamicmon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The Professor is played by Kazuhiro Yamaji, in his first Digimon role. Yamaji is a well known actor, but for just a handful of roles... Kei in Kamen Rider Blade, Cid in various FF7 related media, the Japanese voice of Wolverine in the live action films and the 9th Doctor in Doctor Who, G in Street Fighter, and Makoto in the Yakuza games.
To specify, it's Detective Date in Yakuza (i only say cuz there've been a couple Makoto's)
he was also Geralt of Rivia in Soul Calibur, Kenny in Attack on Titan, and Silverfang in One Punch Man, to name a few more

Bancho

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
what if it's Analog Man?

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well that's interesting. I do wonder who this Prof is but let's hope it works. Still a bit of a surprise that it's coming out.

AppliFang

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Thought the professor was TK because of the hat xD

I wonder if he'll be the villain lol