Digimon in January V-Jump- Card Game Booster Set 8, EX-02, & Starter Deck 11, Vital Bracelet, Model Kits, ReArise, & More!

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I've got through all the story chapters in ReArise but I'm happier in that I have 5 Super type Digimon. So let's see what the Battle Park does now... But otherwise I've been doing well. Some of it is still garbage but that's only for certain things. I'm sure it would work out if I over leveled past 100.

One Random Guy

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
They went out of their way to say that "Grizzlymon has trained so much he is now equal to an Ultimate level Digimon" in the recent chapter so that basically means Grizzlymon covered both Champion and Ultimate. They've really been dropping hints hard that this is gonna happen.
That may work story wise, but if he gets introduced it will surely need a Ultimate level digimon to fill the gap. IDK if there's any fitting Ultimate for that line, considering LoadierLeomon doesn't look related to Grizzlymon at all, but on the other hand, if he was getting a new fitting Ultimate then it should have been introducced by now... so it's probably going to be a filler, Maybe something like Pandamon to keep the hero bear theme.

Bancho

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
pull a Digimon Masters and have Bearmon evolve into Bearmon

One Random Guy

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
They've never done that before I think, they have SDQ rookies and that kind of stuff but they are kind of loyal when it comes to evo stages.

Muur

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
They went out of their way to say that "Grizzlymon has trained so much he is now equal to an Ultimate level Digimon" in the recent chapter so that basically means Grizzlymon covered both Champion and Ultimate. They've really been dropping hints hard that this is gonna happen.
That may work story wise, but if he gets introduced it will surely need a Ultimate level digimon to fill the gap. IDK if there's any fitting Ultimate for that line, considering LoadierLeomon doesn't look related to Grizzlymon at all, but on the other hand, if he was getting a new fitting Ultimate then it should have been introducced by now... so it's probably going to be a filler, Maybe something like Pandamon to keep the hero bear theme.

Playable would just get something random like grapleomon. Was a long time before we got a playable dorugreymon that could become gaiomon.

Also, veemon > magnamon x and Shoutmon > omnishoutmon skip levels so no reason playable grizzly can't skip to mega

One Random Guy

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Also, veemon > magnamon x and Shoutmon > omnishoutmon skip levels so no reason playable grizzly can't skip to mega
I mean, in Shoutmon's case his evo line works like that, same if we eventually get Gumdramon>Arresterdramon, but I get what you are saying.

e105zeta

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Pandamon’s a martial artist bear. That’s perfectly fine for a hypothetical Bearmon/Grizzmon/BanchoGrizzmon set.

Really it’s absurd that the series started with Monzaemon and 20 years later games just keep giving the 3 bears Cherubimon Vice/Virtue because there’s nothing even slightly thematically appropriate for them.

Bancho

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
they used Okuwamon for Bancho Stingmon so I think any beast would be fine

Tarama

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I like the idea of BanchoGrizzmon. It would be cool. Given that ReArise gives us new Ultimates for almost every main characters, it is a possibility for Bearmon to get one.

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
To be fair, Magnamon X was treated as both Level IV and Armor like regular Magnamon while Shoutmon has the King form as an intermediate between base Shoutmon and OmegaShoutmon.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
They've never done that before I think, they have SDQ rookies and that kind of stuff but they are kind of loyal when it comes to evo stages.
I have some of those. ...They don't evolve. Not just rookies but they're not my favorites. I like Megas.

Muur

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
To be fair, Magnamon X was treated as both Level IV and Armor like regular Magnamon while Shoutmon has the King form as an intermediate between base Shoutmon and OmegaShoutmon.

Mangampn X is mega in rearise (makes sense as it evolves from armor rather than from an egg) and king Shoutmon isn't in the game. Just pointing out two Digimon warp in this game already

One Random Guy

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Mangampn X is mega in rearise (makes sense as it evolves from armor rather than from an egg) and king Shoutmon isn't in the game. Just pointing out two Digimon warp in this game already
Well, yeah, Lucemon skips twice (Rookie>Perfect>Ultra), but that's also cuz their lines work like that and their power levels are similar to the digimons in those categories. Magna, even when it's technically an armor, power-level wise it's made to be similar to a Mega. I don't think they would call Flamedramon Mega in any product, even when it's the same as Magna.

Nightwing

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Well, yeah, Lucemon skips twice (Rookie>Perfect>Ultra), but that's also cuz their lines work like that and their power levels are similar to the digimons in those categories. Magna, even when it's technically an armor, power-level wise it's made to be similar to a Mega. I don't think they would call Flamedramon Mega in any product, even when it's the same as Magna.
So if you recognize that's the case for several Digimon already, why is a potential warp evolution for Grizzlymon an issue for you? It's possible gameplay-wise, and it would presumably be explained story-wise (we already have a good basis for it as it is), so it should work just fine. It's not like they're going to say BanchoGrizzlymon is a Champion/Adult in the Reference Book and then make it a Mega/Ultimate in the game, whatever level they design it to be for the game is the same level it'll be intended to be across the whole franchise.

One Random Guy

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

So if you recognize that's the case for several Digimon already, why is a potential warp evolution for Grizzlymon an issue for you? It's possible gameplay-wise, and it would presumably be explained story-wise (we already have a good basis for it as it is), so it should work just fine. It's not like they're going to say BanchoGrizzlymon is a Champion/Adult in the Reference Book and then make it a Mega/Ultimate in the game, whatever level they design it to be for the game is the same level it'll be intended to be across the whole franchise.
It's a case for several digimons that come from generations that do not use the regular evolution stages, and again, it's due to power level more than anything. And it's not "an issue" for me, but it's kind of a pity if they had the opportunity to fill a gap regarding plausible Bearmon evo lines without having to go through Leomon family members, considering even things like Calissmon that could fit a bear evo line pretty well doesn't have a proper Perfect stage and relies on WereGarurumon for example.

e105zeta

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

It's a case for several digimons that come from generations that do not use the regular evolution stages, and again, it's due to power level more than anything. And it's not "an issue" for me, but it's kind of a pity if they had the opportunity to fill a gap regarding plausible Bearmon evo lines without having to go through Leomon family members, considering even things like Calissmon that could fit a bear evo line pretty well doesn't have a proper Perfect stage and relies on WereGarurumon for example.
I felt the same way when Noble Pumpmon came out and the line in Rearize was Lalamon/Woodmon. Like, missed opportunities for even an orange Lalamon or a subspecies of Woodmon with a pumpkin mask or whatever.