Digimon in January V-Jump- Card Game Booster Set 8, EX-02, & Starter Deck 11, Vital Bracelet, Model Kits, ReArise, & More!

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
vjumpjanuary2_november21_2021.jpg
vjumpjanuary1_november21_2021.jpg

It's time for all the new Digimon content from the January 2021 cover dated issue of V-Jump!

With a lot of stuff for the card game coming out in November and December, that's the main focus this month.

We begin with Booster Set 8 New Hero. A 2 page spread for the booster suggests ways to integrate cards into a deck, plus shows off parallel cards of Demon and Imperialdramon: Paladin Mode.

vjumpjanuary4_november21_2021.jpg
vjumpjanuary3_november21_2021.jpg

The next spread shows off some cards from Booster Set EX-02 Digital Hazard. These are the previews we got a few days ago.

vjumpjanuary6_november21_2021.jpg
vjumpjanuary5_november21_2021.jpg

Then we get a spread dedicated to Starter Deck 11 Special Entry Set. Along with that, they show off the recent Ghost Game promo cards.

That spread ends with a bit about Ghost Game. It focuses on Ruli and Angoramon, and mostly appears to be basic character details we know.

Booster Set 8 New Hero & Starter Deck 11 Special Entry Set will be out on November 26th in Japan.
Booster Set EX-02 Digital Hazard will be released on December 24th.

We have clean card images from Booster Set 8 New Hero, Starter Deck 11, plus Tamer Battle Pack 9 & Event Cards.

Previous previews for Booster Set EX-02 Digital Hazard:
Packaging
Magazine Previews

Next up is a page focusing on the Vital Bracelet...

vjumpjanuary7_november21_2021.jpg

The main focus here is showing off evolution requirements for the upcoming Angoramon and Jellymon Dim Cards that are out in af ew weeks.

We also get a preview of an upcoming raid boss, a Christmas tree themed Jyureimon.

Then we get a bit of a potpourri page...

vjumpjanuary8_november21_2021.jpg

The upcoming Omegamon X Amplified and MetalGarurumon model kits are shown off.

Plus a good chunk of a page going over V-Tamer and Dreamers.

Then to finish off...

vjumpjanuary9_november21_2021.jpg

We get a page going over currently and upcoming happenings in ReArise.

Lots of card game stuff this month, which makes sense with how much is coming out at the end of the year. There is also a good amount featured for other things showing up over the next month.

Thanks to IxLovexDigimon for the images.

Attachments

• article.jpg
    article.jpg
    281.3 KB · Views: 9,471

BlankShell

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hmm, I stopped playing ReArise just at the twist with Sara and Machinedramon, interesting that it's still relevant. Maybe if I have time over winter break I can bang out some of those chapters, I did like the story a lot. Or maybe I'll wait for BlackWarGreymon X to come to global.

Christmas tree Cherrymon! Love it. Was kinda hoping for another repeat raid boss though, they're being pretty stingy with the capsules (maybe with the new cards all having 4 apiece they don't care as much).

Tarama

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Still bothers me a bit that Angoramon's Baby I form has nose.

Bancho

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
dang, I was hoping Bancho Mamemon would come to ReArise since he's been getting lots more love in the franchise lately. He's the only Bancho who doesn't appear in the game

Geode

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Still no SymbareAngoramon, TeslaJellymon, or new Perfect form art, I’m hoping Angoramon’s Perfect looks something like Monzaemon but a giant rabbit plush

Katsu Hikaru

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
dang, I was hoping Bancho Mamemon would come to ReArise since he's been getting lots more love in the franchise lately. He's the only Bancho who doesn't appear in the game
Give it time he most definitely will appear eventually though not sure what personality my guess probably be Brave.

Muur

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That Christmas Tree Cherrymon is the same one from this art nice to see him back:

Image Thumbnail

Maybe Sara's Machinedramon will get a new form in this chapter?

Geode

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That Christmas Tree Cherrymon is the same one from this art nice to see him back:

Image Thumbnail

I’m still waiting on new forms for Bearmon although they might add Warumonzaemon for Perfect and a new form for Machinedramon sounds good.

Mattman324

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
...is that a Purple Ulforcev-dramon? Because it looks really cool.

Muur

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Image Thumbnail

I’m still waiting on new forms for Bearmon although they might add Warumonzaemon for Perfect and a new form for Machinedramon sounds good.

Don't really see any reason why Kazuma's Bearmon would become WaruMonzaemon a dark evo wouldn't really feel fitting for Kazuma at all I'm just expecting a BanchoGrizzlymon after the Bancho chapter said Bearmon has "Bancho potential inside", and would explain why he's not got an Ultimate, he'd be skipping it entirely.

Sparrow Hawk

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wow dat scary Demon card! Absolutely loved it!

And again, nothing new as usual. How odd. They usually show up with one or two new things.

Bancho

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm just expecting a BanchoGrizzlymon after the Bancho chapter said Bearmon has "Bancho potential inside", and would explain why he's not got an Ultimate, he'd be skipping it entirely.
of course I would love more banchos (Bancho Ogremon or Bancho Etemon please) but Bancho Leomon's profile does state that only 5 banchos have ever been recorded in history. It's possible that can just turn into another outdated entry but it does establish that the franchise expected to keep it at 5

Geode

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Image Thumbnail

Don't really see any reason why Kazuma's Bearmon would become WaruMonzaemon a dark evo wouldn't really feel fitting for Kazuma at all I'm just expecting a BanchoGrizzlymon after the Bancho chapter said Bearmon has "Bancho potential inside", and would explain why he's not got an Ultimate, he'd be skipping it entirely.
Odd to add a 6th Bancho after already completing the group.

Tetsuya Suoh

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hmm. I feel like the top and bottom Ultomates for the Angoramon DiM should be swapped...

Dynamicmon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hmm. I feel like the top and bottom Ultomates for the Angoramon DiM should be swapped...
could still evolve into each other. though knowing the gamma dim, all champs could also evolve into the angoro ult

e105zeta

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Image Thumbnail

Odd to add a 6th Bancho after already completing the group.
I don’t care how it happens I just desperately want a line for Bearmon and Grizzmon that keeps the theme. All of the current official ones give up on bears after Grizzmon and slap Leomon onto its line (Grapplemon and Marsmon for World, Loader Leomon and Baihumon for Adventure and Callismon being of ambiguous canonicity).

I more or less resigned myself to Rearize Bearmon being only a reference to Daigo’s Bearmon so my hopes are high but expectations low.

Muur

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm just expecting a BanchoGrizzlymon after the Bancho chapter said Bearmon has "Bancho potential inside", and would explain why he's not got an Ultimate, he'd be skipping it entirely.
of course I would love more banchos (Bancho Ogremon or Bancho Etemon please) but Bancho Leomon's profile does state that only 5 banchos have ever been recorded in history. It's possible that can just turn into another outdated entry but it does establish that the franchise expected to keep it at 5

And Digimon profile says there are more that haven't been recorded yet meaning there are more than 5, Agumon Expert just hasn't seen the others yet.

Bancho

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
And Digimon profile says there are more that haven't been recorded yet meaning there are more than 5, Agumon Expert just hasn't seen the others yet.
oh, I never saw that part of the Digimon profile. The other parts are also interesting to me to like how the banchos got the idea of the concept from watching old movies or how they bestow the title to others as they die

Muur

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
oh, I never saw that part of the Digimon profile. The other parts are also interesting to me to like how the banchos got the idea of the concept from watching old movies or how they bestow the title to others as they die

Yeah going with that something like BanchoLeomon dying and giving his Bancho powers to Kazuma's Grizzlymon might happen in the not too distant future. Either he just never evolves, or skips right to BanchoGrizzlymon cuz it feels way too late for him to get to Ultimate then also build up to getting to Mega. They went out of their way to say that "Grizzlymon has trained so much he is now equal to an Ultimate level Digimon" in the recent chapter so that basically means Grizzlymon covered both Champion and Ultimate. They've really been dropping hints hard that this is gonna happen.