Digimon in January V-Jump- Booster Set 4, ReArise, Adventure:, Pendulum Z2, Vs Omegamon & Diablomon Figure, & Adventure/02 BD-Box

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

It's time for all the new Digimon content from the January 2021 cover dated issue of V-Jump!

We start with... the Digimon section itself. They've changed the name of the section, and various bits, such as the section headers, etc. The name of the section for awhile had been 'Digimon, Road to Ultimate', but has now been renamed to 'Digimon Survey Team'. (They give the name translated in English, but 'Investigation' might have worked better.)

The main focus of the first spread is the upcoming 4th Digimon Card Game booster set, Great Legend. They preview a handful of interesting cards from the set, including a few we were unaware of.

At the bottom left they also show off the about to come out 4th, 5th, and 6th starter decks, plus the upcoming promo pack you can get by buying starter decks.

A few extra images of that spread showing things that were especially hard to see in the initial shot.

Update- Better images of the cards via digimontcg02.

Previous Card previews for Starter Decks 4, 5, and 6:
Previous card previews for Booster Set 4:

And then the second spread features smaller things, which we mostly already knew about.

First up, Beelzebumon X and a few other familiar Digimon are being shown off in ReArise.

For Adventure: we get a look at Devimon and his evolutions.

A quick look at the Pendulum Z2.

A decent chunk of a page for the upcoming VS figure of Omegamon and Diablomon.

And it finishes with a small bit for the upcoming Digimon Adventure & 02 Blu-ray box.

A relatively calm month for V-Jump Digimon content, with the main focus being a look at the 4th card game booster set.

Thanks to TechnicalSuwako (2) (3) for the images and onkei for some translation help.

Attachments

Last edited:

Notus

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
And this confirms the speculation that the Human and Beast Hybrids will be same level, so there's hope for Flamon and Strabimon.

Red ShineGreymon is to be expected, but Yellow WarGreymon? Well, after Green Agumon it only reinforces that the colors divisions will matter more mechanically than flavorly.

SparkGold

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
WarGreymon
(When attacking) (Once Per Turn) By adding the top card from your Security to your hand, Unsuspend this Digimon to give 1 of your opponent's Digimon -6,000 DP

ShineGreymon
(Your Turn) If a Red or Yellow Tamer you control is suspended, this digimon gains [Security Attack +1] for this turn

Nidhoggmon
(When Digivolving) [Digiburst 4] Suspend all of your opponent's Digimon with 5,000 DP or less, then put all of your opponent's Suspended Digimon to the bottom of their deck in any order. All Evolution Sources are discarded

VictoryGreymon
(When Digivolving) [Digiburst 2] Delete an opponent's Digimon with 8,000 DP or below

Agunimon
This Digimon can Digivolve from your hand onto a Red Tamer as though the Tamer is a Lv. 3 Digimon

Beowolfmon
[Jamming]
If this Digimon has a Digivolution Source that is a Blue Tamer or "Hybrid" Digimon, this Digimon cannot be attacked

ShineGreymon left Yellow for Red! I'm not sad at all, it's fine, ShineGreymon can just CHEAT on me for Red like that after no call no showing on our English Booster 1.0 date. My friendship ended with ShineGreymon, now WarGreymon is my best friend

Last edited:

YongYoKyo

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Beowolfmon
[Jamming]
If this Digimon has an evolution source that is a blue tamer or "Hybrid" Digimon this Digimon cannot be attacked
This effect seems slightly redundant, since as far as I know, only Hybrids can evolve from Tamer cards. Though I suppose this opens up the possibility of non-Hybrids utilizing the same mechanic; first to come to mind being Hudiemon.

SparkGold

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
@YongYoKyo all the Frontier Digimon so far can digivolve from normal Digimon so digivolving from a Hybrid who has no Tamers in its evolution sources does not feel redundant. Some cards can also remove a Tamer from a Hybrid's Digivolution sources

YongYoKyo

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
@YongYoKyo all the Frontier Digimon so far can digivolve from normal Digimon so digivolving from a Hybrid who has no Tamers in its evolution sources does not feel redundant. Some cards can also remove a Tamer from a Hybrid's Digivolution sources
No, that's not what I meant by redundancy. I'm not talking about the need to specify Hybrids without Tamers, but the need to even make that distinction between both cases in the first place, since just "Hybrid" would apply to both cases.

My issue is not with the "Hybrid" tagline, but the "Tamer" tagline. Why even specify Tamers? Unless they're accounting for future possibilities of non-Hybrid Tamers, it's redundant.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Took me a while to realise that was Nidhoggmon lmao I was like "a new Digimon and no one is mentioning it?"

I'm slightly relieved that Agunimon is still a Champion, though I still don't like BurningGreymon being nerfed, oh well at least its not Rookie Agunimon (...like the Pen Z has been confirmed to have)

Now to hope Flamemon and Strabimon show up.

MechaMadness

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Glad to see alot of DigiBurst users here, it's a mechanic I've had alot of hope for due to how it adds another layer to decision making, so I'm glad it's getting a ton of support out of the gate. Do wonder if DigiBurst was added partially to give more incentive to keep Digimon in the Raising/Breeding Area for longer periods of time as opposed to throwing them out as soon as they hit Lv3. DigiBurst inherently encourages longer chains, but your opponent obviously isn't just gonna sit there and do nothing while you try to build up a ridiculous playmaker, so having a metaphorical "Silver Bullet" waiting in the wings in the dedicated safe area where it's protected from effects while you raise it might give more incentive to that, but this is a discussion for another time I suppose. Anyways, onto the cards themselves.

WarGreymon in Yellow seems pretty swell. Double Attacking is always nice, and -6000 DP is a good threshold to hit on Attack Declaration since that means you're gonna be deleting the average Blocker outside of Black, so it's nice insurance to ensure your attacks land where they're supposed to. It's also got good synergy with Lopmon since it's a way to get that top Security Card to your hand to trigger it's Draw effect.
I love Multi-Color Lv6's, so ShineGreymon being the first Red/Yellow Lv6 is very welcome, helps me get over the fact that Valkryimon didn't get that treatment in Union Impact. Has good synergy with both colors it's in currently. On the Red side, the obvious candidate would be New Evolution Tai since people play that anyways for it's Memory Effect, then it can rest itself to grant it's in-house SA+1 to stack with ShineGreymon's own SA+1 effect. Only other Red Tamer that can rest itself at the moment to my knowledge is Booster 2 Sora, but that's a pretty unpopular card so I'm not sure if people will start playing that just for ShineGreymon. In Yellow, you have stuff like Hikari that gives you extra memory if your Security is 3 or less, simple and sweet. The obvious elephant in the room though is the original ShineGreymon from Booster 2, since this new ShineGreymon is notably not once per turn. Gonna need a ruling on how this would play out, but if Booster 2 ShineGreymon can rest all of your Yellow Tamers, nuke the opponent's board, and then give ShineGreymon a truckload of SA+1 triggers, this could get nuts. Even if it doesn't, Hikari at the start of your turn for SA+1 and Booster 2 ShineGreymon resting the others for another SA+1 still seems solid.
Nidhoggmon is interesting to me. Ever since I saw DigiBurst as a mechanic I knew we'd eventually get a DigiBurst 4 user that encourages you to go from Lv2 all the way to Lv6 to be able to use it. Green is a good candidate for that to debut in given the overall theme of accelerated growth in the color and it's got above average power at 13000. Biggest problem is here is the very glaring 5 Cost to evolve, which is massive for Lv6 standards considering Nidhoggmon doesn't have a way to reduce it unlike something such as Argomon or Imperialdramon. Perhaps that's the point though considering Nidhoggmon's DigiBurst triggers On Evolution unlike all the others we've seen, and considering it is a blowout effect, wouldn't be surprised if they want your turn to end after using it. And hey, there's still that Hidden Potential card from Union Impact that'll reduce the cost to evolve into this by 5, and there might be some other cards in the set such as Orochimon, so we'll see.
VictoryGreymon is pretty simple, it's essentially Final Elyisum in DigiBurst form. Solid effect, especially since it's not Once Per Turn like all DigiBursts. Not much to say here, it might see play, it might not, I'm on the fence on this one.
Not much to say about Agunimon considering it's more or less a vanilla beyond the Spirit Evolution gimmick, though it is nice to see that the Human Spirits are essentially gonna be treated as the more standard Lv4's while the Beast Spirits are gonna be more unwieldy with higher costs in exchange for better effects, nice way to capture the dichotomy between the two. Oh, and the fact that they're Lv4s also means Flamon and Strabimon still have the potential to be here, so that could be cool.
Beowulfmon is a very important card for me, though perhaps not for the reason you'd expect. Jamming is fine, it's a very Blue effect to have, but what I'm really happy to see is that Beowulfmon does indeed have an effect that only triggers when a Tamer or Hybrid is attached. I really needed an incentive to actually use the Spirit Evolution gimmick instead of just evolving normally, so I'm really happy to see this.

Finally, on a brief note not necessarily related to gameplay, it's interesting to see that we got some rarities revealed from this due to that being a mark on the card. Notably, Beowulfmon is a SR while ShineGreymon is just a R, so those weren't rarities I was expecting for them. Anyways, thank goodness for the Spoiler function so I was able to compress this wall of text into something that doesn't eat up so much space, I'll probably be formating my TCG posts in this fashion going forward since it's much cleaner.

Last edited:

Eitaroutarouman

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That Nidhoogmon card has it positioned awkwardly. Thought it was a horse for a sec.

e105zeta

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Phew, the human hybrids aren’t level 3, that’s a relief

Momentai

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Omg is that really Nidhoggmon? I've never liked it, but in that art it seems a totally different Digimon. I'm starting to reconsider it.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That Nidhoogmon card has it positioned awkwardly. Thought it was a horse for a sec.
Omg is that really Nidhoggmon? I've never liked it, but in that art it seems a totally different Digimon. I'm starting to reconsider it.
Glad I'm not the only one that didn't realise it was Nidhoggmon...

Last edited:

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wow... It's obvious it's clearly Nidhoggmon. He is the only one have alien kaiju multi eyes.

I don't see how weird it posed. I think it's just bending over at closer zoom.

Mattman324

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yellow WarGreymon
He is in Virus Busters.

...yes, Wargreymon could feasibly be in every color except purple and maybe green, and other Ultimate Greymons can fit into those. That is accurate.

DragonicEmperor

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
While the head alone gives away pretty easily that it's Nidhoggmon, I do agree that the pose is pretty bad. Makes the entire art look horrible.

VictoryGreymon's art sadly is kind of uninspiring as well. We've already seen similar-ish poses for him in the other cardgames before. Sad, cause he's my favorite Greymon Ultimate.

Momentai

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I was thinking the exact opposite. While I personally think that its representations in the anime and in its DRB profile are horrible, 'cause it seems like a tall stereotyped straight trunk, filled with ugly details, I really like this one. It's not only the pose, I feel like the proportions of its head are different and it appears more dynamic and realistic. Here I can see a real Demon Dragon. I stress this is only my opinion.

Also, the fact that Hidden Potential (I can't remember the full name) exists makes it really terrifying.

HeavyLeomon

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Imho nidhoggmon art is so fking bad.

Beowolfmon being lvl5 hurts my eyes so much.

Hoping to see more cards BC im not surprised with i have seen til now from this set.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So X Digimon are coming to ReArise? I got Gankoomon, Rust Tyrannomon, and Megidramon recently so that's good. Being stuck in a period of it taking longer to finish daily stuff. But nice to see all the cards though.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So X Digimon are coming to ReArise? I got Gankoomon, Rust Tyrannomon, and Megidramon recently so that's good. Being stuck in a period of it taking longer to finish daily stuff. But nice to see all the cards though.
They've been in ReArise for a while. Japanese ReArise of course. The dub is a year behind

Rohan

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Disaster has been averted now that we know the Human Spirit Digimon are LV4 as well thankfully. The Fusion Spirits being LV5 feels a little weird but I'll get used to it. I wonder if the kids who didn't get their Fusion Spirits in the show will have them as well in this Set? (i.e JetSilphymon, RhinoKabuterimon and DaiPenmon) :unsure:

Nice to see another of the Adventure: Digimon show up so soon. Hopefully we'll get Eyesmon and Orochimon in this set as well to go along with Nidhoggmon. :)