Digimon in December V-Jump- Booster Set 3 & 4, New Starter Deck List & Promo Cards, ReArise, Adventure:, & More

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

It's time for all the new Digimon content from the December 2020 cover dated issue of V-Jump!

We start with a big spread for Booster Set 3 of the Digimon Card Game.

Much of this we've seen, but we get confirmation that Imperialdramon (Black) is one of the secret rares.

Then the card game gets another spread.

The main focus on the spread is going over all 16 cards for each of the new starter decks.

Update- Translated list of the names for the 16 cards in each Starter Deck...

Starter Deck 4- Giga GreenStarter Deck 5- Mugen BlackStarter Deck 6- Venom Violet
MochimonCaprimonPagumon
FloramonJazamonPicoDevimon
TentomonAgumonGabumon
PalmonToyAgumonDracumon
KunemonCommandramonElecmon
TogemonGreymonGarurumon
KuwagamonJazardmonYoukomon
KabuterimonDarkTyrannomonDevimon
OokuwamonMetalGreymonKyukimon
LilymonMetalTyrannomonSkullSatamon
AtlurKabuterimonMegadramonWereGarurumon
RosemonMugendramonVenomVamdemon
HerculesKabuterimonBlitzGreymonCresGarurumon
KoushiroTaichiYamato
Chiku Chiku Bang BangLaser EyeDeath Claw
Mega BlasterGenocide AttackNail Bone

On the bottom right, they announce a new promo card campaign. Starting on November 27th, if you buy any 2 of the 6 starter decks, you get a promo pack with 2 cards at random from MetalGarurumon (Black), BlackWarGreymon, and GranKuwagamon.

And then at the bottom left we get our first look at art from Booster Set 4 Great Legend, RiseGreymon and Agnimon.

Previous card previews for Booster Set 3:

Then we get to see the Figure-rise Standard Amplified model kit of Imperialdramon.

They show off Dukemon X for ReArise.

At the bottom we both get a little bit about Devimon and SkullKnightmon from Adventure:, along with a preview of the upcoming Ichiban Kuji product lottery.

And the Digimon content finishes with the Adventure: promotional details once again.

The main thing this month is definitely more starter deck info, plus our first look at Booster Set 4 and a new promo pack.

Thanks to TechnicalSuwako for the images.

Attachments

Last edited:

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So the Agunimon line will be in it after all. Just hope this part of Bandai pretend the recent vpets don't exist and Agunimon is a Champion. Flamemon getting a card would be nice too.

Tarama

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I hope ReArise lasts long. I really want to see other animation of Jesmon X and the 3D model of Jesmon GX.

Agnimon in BT4 means all of his evolution line will also be there. I love it.

Leoil01

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That rizegreymon art is nice

DedicatedGazi

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
My heart was ready to burst with joy when I read the purple deck list featured Gazimon..... Now my heart is ready to break with sadness because I realized it was actuary the Kanji for Gabumon.

I'm still hoping he makes it into the rookie slots of set 3.

Still, nice to see a deck list.

SparkGold

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Imperialdramon Dragon Mode
If you Digivolve this card from Paildramon or Dinobeemon this card's evolution cost is reduced by 2
[Pierce]
[Your Turn] (Once Per Turn) if this Digimon fights your opponent's Digimon and only your Opponent's Digimon is deleted, you may make this Digimon Active

Purple:
ST6-01 Pagumon
ST6-02 PicoDevimon
ST6-03 Gabumon
ST6-04 Dracumon
ST6-05 Elecmon
ST6-06 Garurumon
ST6-07 Youkomon
ST6-08 Devimon
ST6-09 Kyukimon
ST6-10 SkullSatamon
ST6-11 WereGarurumon
ST6-12 VenomVamdemon
ST6-13 CresGarurumon
ST6-14 Yamato Ishida
ST6-15 Death Claw (Devimon's attack)
ST6-16 Nail Bone (SkullSatamon's attack)

Black:
ST5-01 Kapurimon
ST5-02 Jazamon
ST5-03 Agumon
ST5-04 ToyAgumon (Black)
ST5-05 Commandramon
ST5-06 Greymon (Virus)
ST5-07 Jazardmon
ST5-08 DarkTyrannomon
ST5-09 MetalGreymon (Virus)
ST5-10 MetalTyrannomon
ST5-11 Megadramon
ST5-12 Mugendramon
ST5-13 BlitzGreymon
ST5-14 Taichi Kamiya
ST5-15 Laser Eye (Jazardmon's attack)
ST5-16 Genocide Attack (Megadramon's attack)

Green:
ST4-01 Mochimon/Motimon
ST4-02 Floramon
ST4-03 Tentomon
ST4-04 Palmon
ST4-05 Kunemon
ST4-06 Togemon
ST4-07 Kuwagamon
ST4-08 Kabuterimon
ST4-09 Okuwamon
ST4-10 Lillymon
ST4-11 MegaKabuterimon
ST4-12 Rosemon
ST4-13 HerculesKabuterimon
ST4-14 Izzy Izumi
ST4-15 Needle Spray (Togemon's move)
ST4-16 Electro Shocker

MechaMadness

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Huh. I was wondering where the additional Childs and Perfects were coming in from, turns out they cut down on the Options here compared to the first three Starter Decks. Wasn't expecting that tbh, was just assuming that these would be identical to the first three as far as Ratios go. This makes things quite a bit more interesting, as I was going in under the impression that all three had their Lv3's with effects revealed, since the initial Starter decks only had one Non-Vanilla Lv3 each.

As far as the representation itself since there's only so much I can say with a list of names and no effects, it's about what I expected for the most part, especially so for Green. Purple was what threw me off most, I mean heck, we're not even getting Vamdemon to go alongside VenomVamdemon, who's the namesake of the deck, nor was I expecting stuff like Kyukimon here.

Imperialdramon Black seems fine. Not sure if it's Secret Rare-levels of good compared to the standard Imperialdramon as a Super Rare since it doesn't seem *that* much better then it, but it's Piercing effect makes sense with the Wormmon line from this set and just Green in general. Then again, I'm probably on the wrong track assuming the Secrets automatically mean good, as BlackWarGreymon failed to get off the ground, and MetalGreymon Virus from New Evolution also got quickly phased out of Red Decks.

Last edited:

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Those decks sure have a random mismatch but there's some cool choices. Looking forward to Kyukimon since it's not used much (put it in the DRB Bandai)

Rohan

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wow, so much interesting stuff to talk about. It's hard to decide what to tackle first.

Imperialdramon (Black) being the Secret Rare is interesting. I like it's effect moreso than the regular Blue one. Hmm...It being a Green card like Ken, is that a stealth reference to Tri with the (Fake) Ken controlling an Infected Imperialdramon I wonder? :unsure:

Nice to see some Frontier representation in the upcoming "Great Legend" although that was probably obvious given it's Greymon focused so we'd naturally see KaiserGreymon. Though that does raise an obvious question of what will they do about Aldamon, will they keep him in as an alternate LV6 or leave him out since I imagine quite a number of Greymon-species will also be Red so it might be a tight squeeze and they might yeet him. I really hope they don't make Agnimon a Child level so they can go from Aldamon to KaiserGreymon. :(

The Starter Decks are a bit of an oddity. For a start, the fact that Machinedramon and VenomVamdemon are indeed in the decks yet are not the cover cards is really throwing me off. I imagine the decision to put CresGarurumon and BlitzGreymon on the cover was a last minute one but they should have really called them "Crescent Purple" and "Plasma Black" instead then. Other than that, the rest of the decks are somewhat of a loose mishmash of Digimon compared to the much tighter Evolution lines in the original three Starter Decks. I wonder if that was to compensate for the evolving (pun intended) meta and that these cards were chosen because they hold more strategic value in the game.

Deep Saver

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The purple deck has some cool Digimon in it! The green one is a bit of a snoozefest though, with black being somewhere in between.

MellowJosh

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Until we get effects on the cards I will save judgement. But my gut reaction was 3 colour Tyrannomon jank!!

Tarama

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The pages for Adventure: promotional details could have featured with other content/information like mini comic or other underused digimon. It's kinda wasteful. :/

SparkGold

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wonder if that was to compensate for the evolving (pun intended) meta and that these cards were chosen because they hold more strategic value in the game
aren't starter deck cards unique to tye starter decks? Because if so doesn't that mean they could have used any Digimon characters for those effects that they felt like?

The pages for Adventure: promotional details could have featured with other content/information like mini comic or other underused digimon. It's kinda wasteful. :/
nah bro we need literally an entire page for the promotional poster we've already seen posted everywhere for a year

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
nah bro we need literally an entire page for the promotional poster we've already seen posted everywhere for a year
There is no further content because they have nothing else they want to show at this time. Very often the section is longer than this, promo content or not. This time the section is 5 pages, very often it's shorter.

Rohan

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Aren't starter deck cards unique to the starter decks? Because if so doesn't that mean they could have used any Digimon characters for those effects that they felt like?
Yes. But the fact that two of the deck names don't match the cover cards when all the rest do suggests something funky went on behind the scenes. Whether that really was just for Greymon/Garurumon pandering or if there was a more substantial reason...we shall likely never know. \_(ツ)_/

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The cards are cool. Meanwhile in ReArise, I got Metal Garurumon and am on my way to getting Rust Tyrannomon, Gankomon, and Examon once I get enough of a thing. So now I'll have more stuff that everyone else seems to have. Shame we didn't get more on Adventure.

SparkGold

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
There is no further content because they have nothing else they want to show at this time. Very often the section is longer than this, promo content or not. This time the section is 5 pages, very often it's shorter.
personally I would have posted the Watanabe follow up arts from Twitter with short recaps on what's happened so far. The stock blandness of this section, while I understand they want to promote the show so they want those two pages even if they have nothing to put, just comes across as lazy and uninteresting
tl;dr I can do their job better hire me, a random nobody American, Bandai!

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Look like GranKuwugamon gotten slightly more arts than HerakleKabuterimon. Can't wait to see the future artworks of TyrantKabuterimon and TigerVespamon.